Thread: pulse turrets

pulse turrets

How do you make pulse turrets? You can't buy them in the ready made store, they arent mentioned at all in the how to build turrets manual. I want my anti yalm and treatment kit turrets!
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Tradeskills??

I tried to make a custom tower last night with a guildmate..
    went for ql 160.. figured that shouldn't be too hard..

Ok first step, add one of those little blue squares to the tower..
    req 940ish ME and 600something NP .. no problemo..

/me implants ME, (heh) and maestros myself .. assembled into a q 162 tower that says it wants a weapon now..

Okies.. assemble revolving cold laser with the ql 162 tower (cold laser = ql 205, the lowest specified tower weapon we can find (other 2 are q 250 and q275)..

/me right clicks laser on tower..

This is techincally possible but it requires 1178 ME and 960 EE.

/me rolls about on the floor laughing.

I can just get to within 100 of the ME req.. but not at the same time as having that much EE

that's a q 162 tower ..

um..

wtf?

nice one FC.

lets make towers you need to assemble, then make it physically impossible to make them in any decent ql.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

This is true and all, I myself being shocked by those reqs when I went to make them, but it doesn't have anything to do with pulse turrets : ) . I don't think they are made the same way as those that require weapons because all those have a "construction base" in the database to go along with the actual tower(the base would be the second to last step of tower making) but the pulse turret varieties do not have any construction bases. Maybe you need to do a quest for the eel/smug? Anyone have any ideas? I still want my anti yalm tower : )
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Me too!

I haven't seen anything remotely related to making or buying the pulse turrets. The custom turrets and conductors both have books and parts, but nada about the pulse turrets.

The only quest from Smug that I don't know the result of is getting Eel's book. Unless this gives you the recipie and all the parts, I can't see how it could be related. Who knows tho...

Was there anyone in beta that had access to these towers? And if so -- how?

Yes the thing about the book is the last quest i have yet to do from the eel. So either that has to be it or I don't think they are ingame which is a shame since they are the coolest towers I think.

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup