Thread: Towers channel

Towers channel

First off thankyou FC for the NW booster been good fun fighting over towers this weekend, I look forward to the delivery of NW to my local shops so I can build my own tower.

Up to Sunday night there have been many clashes of Omni and Clan, unitl The AirHawks can have their own tower (soon as I can buy the software ) we have offered to assist in the defense of any clan tower and the assualt of any Omni one. A task my people so far are greatly enjoying .

My only problems really atm is that you have turned me into a telephone operator. As the leader of my guild I am the only one who knows who is under attack where (All Towers chat channel). I am therefore bound to pass this info on to my guild so that we may act accordingly.

This gives me

Clan leaders channel - pretty busy these days
    All Towers - been going like a train all weekend
    AirHawk Guild - channel always busy
    Vicinity
    OOC
    tells
    tells
    tells

All in all processing all the information and directing all of these channels is becoming somewhat of a full time task.

So....... at last my suggestions.

1. Most importantly can you open the All towers channel to the whole planet? I see no reason why everyone shouldn't know who's attacking who.

2. Leaders Channel it would be super handy (for me at least) if my Generals had access to this channel then it doesn't matter if I'm online or not my guild can still act. Even if its only to listen with no chat rights would be helpful.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Arrow

If the org. towers channel actually did something...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

nudge
    Riders of the Lost Org

Planetwide channel ? That might be interesting. I do not have NW yet, nor am I a guild leader...does this All Towers chat give information about all towers on all sides ?

I suspect that might be a bit much at times. Not to mention the lack of security

But I agree that the information should be available to more than the presidents...at least advisor level players should see this as well, possibly even veterans.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Every guild leader recieves a message along the lines of...

The clan organisation "AirHawk" has entered a state of war they have attacked the omni organisation "omni-pol" in the Belial Forest (2300 x 500)

Useful stuff if your interested.

It does reports

Clan Vs Omni
    Clan Vs Clan
    Omni Vs Neut
    Omni Vs Omni

Just think its a pain that for my clan to know if one of our allies is under attack I MUST be online.

Please FC let me sleep and work too!
    Riders of the Lost Org

Agreed with this. Please make the Org. Towers channel at LEAST work for all of our own organization's towers, notifying us all as soon as someone attacks them.

I spent something to the tune of 10 hours this weekend camping my own organization's towers so that we'd have some warning if there was going to be an attack, precisely because if the owner of a defense tower being hit isn't online, and if our leader isn't online, nobody else in the org knows we're being hit.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.