Thread: Towers

Towers

I don’t know about you guys but the defense towers suck. in most attacks I’ve been in and observed the guild attacking goes straight for the controller and just ignores the defense towers because they suck. Anyways I think its very necessary to increase the dmg output of towers.

It's smarter to kill the Controller as fast as you can instead of attacking the personal towers around it, buying the defending guild time to get there to defend their base. So it makes sense why people are doing that.

That said, try surrounding your controller with multiple towers close by. By multiple, I don't mean 2 or 3.

Re: Towers

Originally posted by Durakkkon
    I don’t know about you guys but the defense towers suck. in most attacks I’ve been in and observed the guild attacking goes straight for the controller and just ignores the defense towers because they suck. Anyways I think its very necessary to increase the dmg output of towers.
    I think they just need change controllers to send out 100 reflect dmg for *each* turret tower you have in the area. So people have to kill the rest first. If they don't do this, no one will every shoot the other towers first...

Why shoot them when the controller is so easy to take out...

Get 20 turret towers, a 2k reflect shield on controller would be nasty... Forcing you to attack others instead first... of course the 100 reflect would be different for each QL... etc...

my 2 cents...

Turrets and Conductors

Now I was hearing that Turrets and Conductors adds to the defense of the Controller towers. Does each additional tower add to the HP/AC and/or stregnth of the controller?

Certainly, this is what we were told would happen... whether it does or not... not a clue :/
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

sheffy we had around 20 towers around one of our bases and it didnt do crap

I haven't gotten a chance to be on too many raids, but it appears like i have read, that the towers add 10 point dmg shield per tower under the controllers area.

When we were attacking one base the dmg shield was 150 which was consistent with this. but most docs can easily heal that fast. on another smaller base the reflect shield was only 60 or so. I think the formula is correct at 10 points per tower. I don't know how ql effects this though.

I agree, the defense towers are way too weak. Earlier today I lost a ql 150 base in a matter of minutes because the attacking Omni just went right for the controller. I had it surrounded as close as possible by 3 turrets and 3 conductors, and the base itself had about 20 supporting towers. The 200 point damage shield was not enough, docs/ healpets/ hots can easily negate that. The sad thing is, the omni didn't even build on the spot afterwards, they apparently attacked us just to be ****s. As of right now, small guilds are totally screwed in Notum Wars. Who do I talk to for a refund?

Originally posted by Rak
    As of right now, small guilds are totally screwed in Notum Wars. Who do I talk to for a refund?
    I agree, Small guilds are screwed, and IMO will remain so unless FC make drastic changes to the way Defending works. FC promised that it would be perilous and difficult for a team to attack a mine, and would warrant careful planning and potentially great financial layout..... Well that never happened.

FunCom I ask again: Please make it a lot harder to attack a mine. Your turning land wars into a 'big Orgs' Toy, at the cost of the little people. Introduce a line of defense towers that dramatically reduce attack rating and evades (If you all ready haven't) balancing out the twink orgs, and yes sadly making it very difficult if not imposs for non twinks to attack, but then If everyone needed to be a twink to stand a chance then, it will put reason back into PvMing to earn creds and farm items.
    One suggestion: Make the QL 250 towers have same HP and AC's of ql 250 Dyna bosses Make the QL 250 turrets dish out as much Damage as ian Warr and other high lvl Dyna bosses, and create a repair tower that effectively has the comparable heal delta of Ian Warr and all the Dyna bosses too =)
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

Imhotep, if they did that, any attempt to attack a lvl 250 tower would be futile and no lvl 250 towers would ever change hands or even be attacked.

Jayhawk

only hope that me and mine have seen for a guild our size to defend our spots (modest two spots ql 25ish and 100) is to for an alliance with other guilds which is what we have done.... TDF Rubi-Ka2. Also we are setting up an alliance chatbot to better coordinate resorces and people, in the mean time we are just informing our officers who to contact in the other orgs when attacking defending. Anyway, just wanted to make a suggestion that is seeming to work well for us.

lates,

Sheez

Ql 250 Towers on their own are almost unstoppable.

Redemption base went for the control tower(ql250). It had a 3700 Damage shield...thats right 3700!!!. DSA base had no defenders one attack and they gutted the base but the 30 clan shooting at it could hardly make a dint in the HP/regen rate.

As for Redemptions BAse.We had to kill all the towers then start on the controller which we got to 25% before the zone reset to 100%. Currently what you are asking about withLevel 250 Towers is just nuts. THey are verging on mightly impossible to knock over at the moment.

Yep lower towers under 200-150 range are going to be vunerable and will be knocked over with regularity. Just becasue level 200s can beat on a 150 tower. I think since the game dynamic is going to permit this range of towers to be heavy hit maybe they should just lower the cost on these towers in this range.....SO upkeep is cheaper.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.