Thread: 20 Mins to attack towers then its over? Come on FC

20 Mins to attack towers then its over? Come on FC

We spot a clan tower base. We assemble a few guys from our org. We start to attack. There was little clan resistance but they had many turret towers so it took our small group time to get some towers down.

Then more clan and omni showed up for this battle. Things started getting interesting. 3 turret towers were down and some PvP was taking place... when boom.. its over the area turned to 100% again and everyone is standing around dumbfounded. The area can only be attacked 18hrs later!

What is the point of that? Talk about killing the FUN , FUNCOM! PLs change this!
    Umm.. yes, i chose a crat.. i know.. WHY oh WHY?

Rocco Romble Eberling

Playing my alt Lakespeed like many other crats

Account Created 2001-06-28 3:08:07

You're supposed to strategize and plan the attack. All you have to do is target the controller to see how much time is remaining before the suppression changes. Try forming the attack beforehand and attacking right when the suppression changes to 25%. That way you have 4 hours to take down the base.

If you attack 20 minutes before suppression changes to 100%, that's kind of your own fault.

no, what he's talking about is that as soon as the last tower comes down the gas reverts to 100%

saw it happen 3 or 4 times today - a whole gang of clanners and omni duking it out with a pile of pets beating up the towers - soon as the last tower falls, nobody can do anything and we all just sorta go look for another place to fight.

agreed - if this is intended, it's pretty stupid
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

No, I don't think that's what he meant since he said:

The area can only be attacked 18hrs later!
    But yes, I agree that after the last tower falls, the gas shouldn't change to 100% (if that in fact happens). But then again, there's nothing more for the defenders to defend, so perhaps it should. The attackers have already accomplished their goal of destroying the base, why should battle continue? It's a race to see who puts up the next Control tower where the old base used to be.

Wouldn't you agree that a 20 minute battle is much better than the old 2 minute ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Why does it become 100% after the last tower is down?

Lets say there are 20 Omnis fighting 20 clanners.......

The last tower is about to fall and there are 15 omnis left vs 10 clanners(5 died & 10 flied)

The last tower is down and boom everyone is just standing there and cant do jack................

Wow what a nice pvp feature..........

Dont think it will take long before ppl are back in the team missions again and high levelers are back to camping uber loot.....
    Cause this seems really boring....and hey lets not forget that when a tower is attacked, it cant be atacked again in 18 hours or so.....or was it 12? But hey does it matter? It still is a looooong time......

I have been involved in two different tower attacks and in each instance when our guild successfully took down the towers we were able to immediately build our own towers. I have not seen a situation where the gas turns to 100% simply because all of the towers have been knocked down. I think the original poster's situation was that only 20 minutes was left on the suppression gas cycling. He states there were several towers and that the gas changed when 3 towers were down, implying that other towers may have remained intact.

Ok i misunderstood, but either way it sounds pretty silly with a suppression gas timer.......

Charge!

No wait, only 3 minutes until the gas is 100%

-Oh darn, lets move on to next one!

No wait, only 12 hours until we can attack it again

-Oh darn, lets move on to next tower!

No wait, only 22 days left to christmas day

-Oh darn, lets move on to the next year!

No wait, only 26 days left before the account is canceled

-Oh darn, lets move on to the next game!

tower attack windows

I think it makes sense to not have the gas be 25% 100% of the time. I mean is your org and allies just gonna sit around all day defending the towers if they are open to attack 24/7?

No, you also wanna do other things besides defending towers; missions, leveling, raising cash, building more towers, defending OTHER towers, etc.

It takes proper planning to attack a tower and not just stopping at whatever opposing tower you find and taking shots at it. Trust me, I was at the omni raid on the tower in Newland desert yesterday and because of lack of planning, we weren't able to take it down (BTW you don't need NW to attack or defend towers). Also lag didn't help, but that is a different subject.

Hehe....

1: Sit in your Yalmaha at a distance and watch the towers go down.

2: Area changes to 100%

3: Fly into the middle of the area and smack up your controller.

4: Thank the other orgs omni/clan/whatever for clearing a tower site for you!

Presto!
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

Originally posted by Jetpak
    Why does it become 100% after the last tower is down?

The tower is whats affecting the gas level no tower no gas, makes sense to me.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Re: tower attack windows

Originally posted by Windows NT

It takes proper planning to attack a tower and not just stopping at whatever opposing tower you find and taking shots at it. Trust me, I was at the omni raid on the tower in Newland desert yesterday and because of lack of planning, we weren't able to take it down (BTW you don't need NW to attack or defend towers). Also lag didn't help, but that is a different subject.
    I was at the attack on Rimor NLD and yes it was very poor planning, but I left cause of the lag; took about 30 seconds to cast a nano and you were almost dead by the time you even saw the first damage message come across the window. I never saw any part of this "crowd control" funcom was bragging about kick in to limit the playfield which I guess had about 80-100 people. I mean it was a level 50 tower and 50% of the people out there were 150+. I'm not even gonna mention about being attack by people outside my pvp range, thats been broke for ever don't think funcom will ever get a clue.

~aqua
    Last edited by Aqua; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 18:06:55.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

nano cast lag

I was at that raid and yeah the amount of players was incredible. I think casters might have a disadvantage because I had an MA wailing on me while a doc healed me and I just kept pressing 3 (my main nuke on action bar), 3, 3, 3, 3.... I did not get off a single nuke versus the guy (blackhole effect not interruptions) and so I just ran back to the whompa where I just stood and repeated the 3, 3, 3 deal while he kept wailing on me until the gas took effect again.

I must say it was still fun nonetheless. In the beginning when player numbers were lower I managed to take out a yellow fixer and an orangy-red ma (root and nuke baby!). And then near the end thanks to a properly planned attack by mostly MI-R2 and OTMA we were 80% close to destroying second to last tower (only two people in the party could attack tower, rest were too high level). When we came back from reclaim though it was full hp, so we gave it up.

but if its only one guild attacking the towers they win it changes to 100% soon as that guild puts a tower down boom its 25% again because they are in war for 4 hours after they started attackin the towers

unless some other guild that had nothing to do with the raid came and plopped a tower down
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Re: tower attack windows

Originally posted by Windows NT
    I was at the omni raid on the tower in Newland desert yesterday and because of lack of planning, we weren't able to take it down... Also lag didn't help, but that is a different subject.
    Hey windows I was there too. It was the first ever attack my guild staged so far and i agree that due to the lack of planning we were not able to finish the job.

As for the lag problem: i now understand why funcom wants to put restrictions on the ammount of players present in any one area. What was going to be a simple raid turned into a lag war between clan and omni. at one point there were so many people there that i got confused as to who was clan and who was omni.
    My supporting doc could not heal me in time before i died several times because area crowding caused a severe lag.

Re: Re: tower attack windows

Originally posted by Boghira

Hey windows I was there too. It was the first ever attack my guild staged so far and i agree that due to the lack of planning we were not able to finish the job.

As for the lag problem: i now understand why funcom wants to put restrictions on the ammount of players present in any one area. What was going to be a simple raid turned into a lag war between clan and omni. at one point there were so many people there that i got confused as to who was clan and who was omni.
    My supporting doc could not heal me in time before i died several times because area crowding caused a severe lag.
    Fc have put restrictions on the amount of players present.........
    But it seems that the amount of players is set too high.....lol

Btw: If a Gulid A got a tower and Guild B attacks it, then it cant be attacked again in 12-18 hours....does that count for anyone?
    cause if it does then the guild A who owns a tower can just get some "friends" on the other side to attack their tower in a "friendly" way. So everyone else gotta wait another 12-18 hours. But this guild A keeps calling their "friends" on the other side.....so this just go on forever and ever......no one can ever get their hands on this land......

Or how does this work?

actually , after defending your towers for 2+ hours in horrid lag.
    the switch to 100% gas feels like a blessing.

I can imagine its not fun to find a tower right before the switch but can you imagine how it would be if the gas switch extended when attacked in the last 20min ?
    I for one think that the 4 hours is plenty enough.