Thread: A thought about lag & PvP

A thought about lag & PvP

**skip this part if you dont like reading**

Well, to start, i'd like to say that i've been reading the forums for awhile, but by no means am i an extremely experienced player. I do Pvp alot tho, in the arena, both in tir and in ent, so i do get lag sometimes. But, as ive seen around here, with the large scale tower battles(it happened in beta too), there was an ENORMOUS amount of lag..well, i was thinking about it and i wanted to ask some of you more experience players if it would work..

**ok start reading again those who skipped**

The Problem

1. First as i stated before, theres an ton of lag, both in the tir and ent arenas sometimes, and definatly out at the big bases where the largest battles take place.

2. FC says its you, which I kinda support, seeing from the speed at which i downloaded the game was pretty insane.

3. You say its FC, which i also support, because they DO have lag sometimes, and it is their fault.

A Possible Solution

I was reading in another place in another forum, and someone stated (forgot who) that it got laggy sometimes because FC's servers had to tell everyone else standing around you what you had in your inventory, incase you wanted to trade. If thats not the case, then my post is a moot point.

1. Before i state my solution, i wanted to say that the looting after killing someone is entirely stupid. Im by no means a carebear, but what kind of idiot goes pvp without saving first?? So the only people who would get looted are the people coming from a mission, who didnt want to pvp in the first place and just get pissed off at the pvpers. So, If the statement earlier about the lag is true, then you players could have a choice, pvp looting or a much reduced lag.

2. My solution--Get rid of system that displays your inventory to other players, and just have it so it displays the inventory only when you have entered a trade. This would help lag by decreasing the load on the server maybe significantly, which would definatly help in the tir arena, and at the higher lvl battles where everyone has bags and bags of stuff.

3. If FC cant change the system, then we could do a test, everyone take EVERYTHING out of there inventory except ammo and rechargers, and go to a large scale battle where everyone has done the same, and see if it is more/less laggy...

just a thought...thanks

EDIT**DISCLAIMER**If the cause of the lag i stated ISNT true, then my whole post is destroyed...k
    Last edited by Shairo; Dec 1st, 2002 at 15:52:49.
    Shairo 146 Doc
    Alagorna 90 MP
    Midgetstowm 76 Rookie Enf
    Hateration 41 Rookie Adv
    Baryon 25 Enf, now Stygian powered

Omg catchy song
    Beep Beep Little Satellite

FUNNIEST.SITE.EVER

^ edited it caus of the stupid enter key, never press it when theres not a blinking ][ showing....grrr
    Shairo 146 Doc
    Alagorna 90 MP
    Midgetstowm 76 Rookie Enf
    Hateration 41 Rookie Adv
    Baryon 25 Enf, now Stygian powered

Omg catchy song
    Beep Beep Little Satellite

FUNNIEST.SITE.EVER

didnt think it was that bad of an idea

/me cocks shotgun

/me takes aim

/me obliterates post