Thread: Do Neutrals Stand A Chance?

Question Do Neutrals Stand A Chance?

There is a finite amount of areas to be controlled you have two roughly equal powerful sides Omni and Clan then you have a small number of neutrals.
    If the goal of Omni or the Clans is to dominate the planet then it will be easier with an edge, obviously . Now in battles between Omnis and Clans other people rush in from all sides to give an even match, or closeish to one, and I would imagine that as more peeps get the booster that this will become increasingly more equal in response. But If Omni decideds to go all out against the Neutrals they can gain a slight but distinct advantage over the Clans. Of cousre the reverse is true. So do the neurtals stand a chace?
    People from both sides have argued both ways as to wheather the neutrals should be left alone and respected as neutral or be considered the enemy and as such killed. But by and large they tend to be left alone or not thought of.
    But will people have the same attitude to the Neutrals taking a share of resources or will the attitude be if ya wanna be neurtal then don't mine. Already Neutrals have taken to mining in areas dominated by and acepted as Clan teritory is this because they get more sympathcy from the clans?
    As locations for mining are taken will wither side tolerate the Neutrals in what they see as their areas?
    Onariz

HI there,

Our guild attacked a neutral outpost tonight in The Longest Road, basically because we wanted that area.
    Due to us not having a large enough force of lvl 50 people we were only able to take down one tower.
    As the fight went on more and more neutrals turned up to help your cause and started wear us down. It was great stuff I had to log before the end but it was looking like you were gonna keep your base.
    Please dont take this as an attack on neutrals, we just wanted that site. If everyone left you alone you;d soon get pretty bored. Well done on the successful defense of your base....we'll be back one day

Fellowman

After reading the reply I realised that my message may give the impression I am neutral, I am not. It was really just an observation that I have played alot of stratergy games before and I wondered if the neutrals stood a chance. A sound tactic is to always wipe out a weaker force to lay claim to their resources to allow for an easier time against the stronger forces. Although I am unsure in this situation if people will ignore the pure stratergy of the situation in favour of the humanitarian concerns of respecting the neutrals decision.
    Onariz

Neutral will stand a chance.
    Both sides still want to get their hands on the reasonably experienced groups of people that can get and keep towers up. They don't want those same people PO'ed on them for taking away all the tower locations they have. That will most likely result in a bunch of neutrals constantly harrasing their towers in addition to the other side.
    I don't expect us to have more then a minority of the mining sites under our control. One reason is indeed the short amount of areas that can be controlled. Another is there are only so many neutrals to go around and then most of the neutrals guilds are fairly small compared to the biggies that will most likely be able to control zones.

A few thoughts on this.

Attack a Neutral installation and you now bring down the entire Neutral community upon your towers. Unlike attacking the tower of a single Clan or Omni detachment, you are effectively attacking 5% of the playerbase when deciding to destroy any Neutral tower.

With Neutrals holding only about 8 locations, it might be wiser to simply attack a single installation on the opposite side of the conflict and deal with only that guild or a joint defense force for a couple days. The Neutrals have a very long memory and without many bases to defend in the first place will likely be willing to pester your towers till the servers shut down.

Although the Neutrals may lack the huger superguilds, they do indeed have enough 170+ players to put together a single 20 to 30 attack team at a given time. The target would not be chosen randomly or even strategically from the various locations available. It would most likely be against the guild that took down another Neutral's installation.

Indeed, what Bio said, you touch a neutral tower and you get an neutral interguild version of Storm hunting you down... well, a lowbie version anyway
    Like yesterday with EO's tower in TLR - there was like what, 40 of us? From 20s to 180s protecting a QL50 tower.

Sure was fun

Talking

Yeah it was fun

Neutral solidarity!

I would never kick someone when they were down, nor would I steal the crutches from an old man.

I would never attack neutrals, or a nanomage eng.

I cannot speak for my whole guild, but personally if I find Omni attacking a Neutral base I will aid the Neutrals. Our guild supports Neutrals and treats them as Clanners.

If you are Neutral and your base is under attack, put a shout out in Tir for Clan support. I am sure one of us will hear you and muster some defence!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Last night, another clan attack on neutrals.
    This time the Free Trade Alliance in Mort.

Seems that some clan guilds are not as nice as others eh? If we saw a clan guild attacking a neutral outpost we couldn't help either side, as we are not at war with neutrals, and refuse to attack clanners. Not a nice position to be in.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

We stand a chance!

Well, for those of you who think that it'd just be a walk in the park to take us Neuts outta the picture think again. Take a look at the recent news. Us neutrals have become a strong united force and every attack against us only makes us stronger. Take the Sentinels in Tir for example. Tough guys they are but we came together and handed Steeles head on a platter to EO's employer. Keep attacking and see what happens. SO far we have chosen not to retaliate. That will change soon.
    -Calhoone, EO