Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet "Gestalt"

Originally posted by Centurion3

Your talking like this is actually gonna happend... :P
    Hehe just trying to be positive, but I know your are right. Anything that doesnt include resusing old source code is a bit too much work
    Mithrax 220 agent gimp. My current armor and symbiants.
    Proud member of ze Legion

"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
    Maya Angelou

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
    Thomas Jefferson

You got an bigger chance if you ask for an temporary nano skill debuff to your oponent.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

nice

i think its a good idea and engi's really need soemthing...
    But will FC really take time to actually think about making this idea happen?

I like this idea, but why not just give engies an entire transference line of nanos? Let them turn into each variety of bot along the way, not just slayer. I think it would be cool to see an eng in warbot form actually shooting a ranged weapon with that cannon.

because transferrance is window-dressing unless you are an MA engi.

it does nothing but add VERY few points to random skills and 300 to MA...

Oh just thought I'd mention that this is a looonnngggg way off.

The reason I know this is that one of the devs posted ages ago in the Fixer board (or was it the Agent board?) that they had been thinking about a spy bot that would do pretty much what we are talking about with this 'bot posession' thing.

Problem is the engine cant cope with it in its current form
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Juggy

Please provide ideas that will support the enhancement of Engineers in a PvP situation while not enhancing them in either solo or team instances.

Posting that you think other people's ideas suck without any positive spin is both insulting and pointless.

I never said your idea Suck'd, I just said it wont happen, It like me suggesting that adventuers get a tighter healing range and dmg sheilds that do more dmg, Every on in the adventuer community will think its a great idea, hell even some non adventuers, while the rest will say no its over powered, and fuuncom will think, docs have better heals cuz there docs.

just saying the probability of such a suggestion in the original post being implented is slim to none.

Edit:
    Originally posted by Warlock
    I would really like to know how one poster worked out this would be like giving an Engineer Mongo? Bots do comparitively low damage, and as such dont hold agro well so the large ammount of HP only really helps an Engineers survivability when solo'ing (which we are good at anyway). It does on the otherhand address the main reason Engineers arent popular in teams, in that pathing slows down the team and prevents the Engineer from contributing much damage
    Mongo adds 2k hp at the 2nd to highest mongo, on my 180 enfi I can go from roughly 7k to 10k Hp.

Bots do comparitively low damage: Compaird to OTHER professions, at level 35 My Engi can cast Lesser Gladiatorbot Ql52, with out outside buffs, he uses no weapons. if i was to attack with my Ql 1 Rider Executioner or my Ql 1 MTI defender, most likely i would pull the aggro and die.

now im not sure about you but a ql 52 pet will have a heck of a lot more hp than my engi has at level 35. I i remmber correctly some one posted that the 180 slayer droids have about 50k hp.

Another thing is that in pvp you attack the engi not the bot, using this method would simply take the engi out of the forumla and force the pvper to attack the bot.

If you all wanted a Nano like what the Trader has and it simply leaves the engi where ever he casts that nano then Xfers his mind into the bot, and there by lose all ability as a engi and simply becomes a self enlighten bot, heck im all for that, sure you can control pet pathing and you can have the suppression gas level that your engi is sitting in.

Go play any pen and paper Rgp with experiencecd gamers group, you will find almost every session one player is constantly quoting "On page 34 i get a +1 to attaack and on page 65 of the complete fighters manuel i get a +200 to my Dice roll making it a natural 20 no matter what i roll, Haha ha ha haaa" little does the twinker forget that you have counter rules. In AO players Fail to see how something can imbalance the game.
    Last edited by Xyberviri; Dec 6th, 2002 at 14:05:12.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Originally posted by Xyberviri
    Mongo adds 2k hp at the 2nd to highest mongo, on my 180 enfi I can go from roughly 7k to 10k Hp.
    My point exactly
    Mithrax 220 agent gimp. My current armor and symbiants.
    Proud member of ze Legion

"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
    Maya Angelou

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
    Thomas Jefferson

I never said your idea Suck'd, I just said it wont happen, It like me suggesting that adventuers get a tighter healing range and dmg sheilds that do more dmg
    Actually it is not.

The engineer will not be doing any more damage than he/she normally would be able to do.
    Thier AC's would in all likelyness drop to ZERO across the board
    (have you seen a pet get hit? max damage nearly 100% of the time)

Adventurers getting a tighter healing range would effect the entier game, on all levels.
    Better damage shields would effect the game on all levels.

AN adventurer's physical being vanishing temporarily would not effect anyone else in any way shape or form, as this ability would not be able to be transferred to any other player.
    an enforcer with 10khp would still kick the ass of an engineer with 0 AC's and 50khp.
    Enforcers have nearly 10 times the damage output of an engineer at any level.

Bots do comparitively low damage: Compaird to OTHER professions, at level 35 My Engi can cast Lesser Gladiatorbot Ql52, with out outside buffs, he uses no weapons. if i was to attack with my Ql 1 Rider Executioner or my Ql 1 MTI defender, most likely i would pull the aggro and die.
    a level 52 gladiatorbot has rougly the same combat ability of a level 35 enforcer with decent gear and implants.

Just because a level 52 bot has about 4500 hitpoints does not make it better than an enfocer with only 2000 hitpoints.

now im not sure about you but a ql 52 pet will have a heck of a lot more hp than my engi has at level 35. I i remmber correctly some one posted that the 180 slayer droids have about 50k hp.
    The ql 53 pet has more HP than the average level 200 engineer with full hitpoint buffs, armor and implants.

whats your point?

Another thing is that in pvp you attack the engi not the bot, using this method would simply take the engi out of the forumla and force the pvper to attack the bot.
    ummm.... when this step is routinely produced in less than 2 seconds and by not even performing an alpha strike cause you are 'saving it for the bot', there is something so broken with the concept that if you cannot see it then you are blind.

I am asking for an ability that lets the engineer survive longer, without increasing its damage output.

You are saying that it is a bad idea because then engineers wouldnt be able to be killed in PvP in less than 2 seconds...

wtf?

If you all wanted a Nano like what the Trader has and it simply leaves the engi where ever he casts that nano then Xfers his mind into the bot, and there by lose all ability as a engi and simply becomes a self enlighten bot, heck im all for that, sure you can control pet pathing and you can have the suppression gas level that your engi is sitting in.
    YAY! so basically since we can cast all the immensely awesome PvP nanos a trader can, and only use our pets as an 'alternate' way of fighting i guess that its perfectly fine to not only STAY gimped in PvP, but cast nanos that automatically paralyze us too?

SWEEEET

.... oh wait i just realise that the alst comment you made forced me to realise that your experiance with the engineer class is directly related to your ability to create a compelling argument.

which is NONE.

how about coming back when you have the smallest clue what an engineer is like after leaving the subway ok?

Go play any pen and paper Rgp with experiencecd gamers group, you will find almost every session one player is constantly quoting "On page 34 i get a +1 to attaack and on page 65 of the complete fighters manuel i get a +200 to my Dice roll making it a natural 20 no matter what i roll, Haha ha ha haaa" little does the twinker forget that you have counter rules. In AO players Fail to see how something can imbalance the game.
    OH MY GOD.
    SHUT UP.

to everyone else reading this thread please continue to offer advice on changes or new ideas you may have related to:

#1. Increasing an engineer's Survivability in PvP
    #2. Doing #1 without increasing Offensive Capability
    #3. Doing #1 and #2 without increasing effectiveness in Single or Team aspects.

hehe typical
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

My my isnt it getting warm in here :-)

To go back to my earlier question....So what you're saying is that this would be like _one aspect of mongo_ (the HP increase) well in that case yes you are correct, it would give the Engineer a lot of HP - however considering how (in PvP) no one ever attacks the bot anyway and the Engineer just goes down so fast why is this such a bad thing? Because it would take you much longer to kill the Eng and theres a chance the 'bot' could kill you in the process? Well thats actually the point.

Even with the new Eng nanos I still get agro off the bot if I'm in the same room (not casting, not fighting) so a by-product if put the Eng actually 'in' the bot would be that the bot gets agro - in this respect its similar to Mongo, but since the nano itself hasnt actually generated any agro (it just removes one of the parties that can be agroed) I dont think thats a fair comparison.

Now the comment about the similarity to Traders charms and PvP is right on the money (i.e. we'd be a sitting duck) we cant really stand in a different gas level because an exploit was removed in NW beta where a pet owner could attack a tower with the pet and retreat to 75% gas and the bot could not be attacked (it seems the pets use the gas level of the owner). This is why (in the Eng board and not here IIRC) went on to say that a better solution (from the Eng perpective) was to actually put the Eng inside the bot - although there are alot of similarities with transference at this point.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

hehe typical
    Typical that i totally annihilated every single one of your attempts to be witty and completely anti-engi biased through the perpetuation of ill-constructed completely random thoughts of gibberish?

or

Typical that after i annihilated your obvious incomprehensible babble, that your only recourse was to attempt once again to be witty and condensending by replying "hehe typical" in the hopes that someone other than yourself would have absolutely nothing factual or even innovative to bring to the discussion and rally with you in a vein attempt to bring down logical, well constructed arguments with meaningless dialogue?

So anyways, back to the bus with you!

Having played an Engi to 146 I had a few thoughts....cat fights aside....

I always thought they hit on something pretty cool with the transference nano, and an extended version of those where the engi builds a little "remote control" device would be fun. More xference nanos with added hp, damage inc, etc would *gasp* make casting a bot optional. Perish the thought! And as long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony for xmas...

After many a stuck bot, I thought it would be nice if pet classes had some control over the little "warp" a pet does after becoming separated from the master after some distance. Just a device, call it "pet beacon warp" (right-click to use), to keep us puppetmasters useful in the team.

./pet destroyfurniture
    ./pet widendoor
    ./pet dosomethinguseful

You know the feeling. A few major problems would be solved and it wouldnt be incredibly hard to do.

Originally posted by Wuntun
    More xference nanos with added hp, damage inc, etc would *gasp* make casting a bot optional. Perish the thought!
    Well, from a balance point of view, if they made the bot an optional component of our ability to fight, then they would have to seriously gimp us in other areas of our class, which is something i would not like to see happen.

i like the idea of totally relying on our bot for survival, and to make that optional would make us traders without exact control of our pet, or the nice nanos that make them useful.

I envisioned this new set of nanos to augment our direct survivability without enhancing our offensive potential.

If engineers would just live more than 2 seconds in a fight then we would be a fun class to play in PvP because our bots are not that bad both offensively and defensively.

Not as good as a same-levelled soldier, enforcer, or MA by any stretch of the imagination, but still decent nonetheless.

After many a stuck bot, I thought it would be nice if pet classes had some control over the little "warp" a pet does after becoming separated from the master after some distance. Just a device, call it "pet beacon warp" (right-click to use), to keep us puppetmasters useful in the team.

./pet destroyfurniture
    ./pet widendoor
    ./pet dosomethinguseful

You know the feeling. A few major problems would be solved and it wouldnt be incredibly hard to do.
    This would not really have much effect for indoors, solo or team fighting, because while it would give us direct control of our pet, it would make us totally usless for a while after the nano wore off...

we wouldnt even be able to comtroll our pet because of the res-like effects of transferring back into our bodies.

Originally posted by Juggy

Typical that i totally annihilated every single one of your attempts to be witty and completely anti-engi biased through the perpetuation of ill-constructed completely random thoughts of gibberish?

or

Typical that after i annihilated your obvious incomprehensible babble, that your only recourse was to attempt once again to be witty and condensending by replying "hehe typical" in the hopes that someone other than yourself would have absolutely nothing factual or even innovative to bring to the discussion and rally with you in a vein attempt to bring down logical, well constructed arguments with meaningless dialogue?

So anyways, back to the bus with you!
    sigh i could pull out a thesaurus for this next post and choose alternate words but im not, I meant to say was...

Typical cry baby
    Last edited by Xyberviri; Dec 12th, 2002 at 14:55:05.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

umm yeah...

i wasnt crying.

i was pointing out that you basically came in here and spouted anti-engi rhetoric, and displayed an astounding lack of knowledge regarding the class.

however if you feel that you, in fact DO posess some shred of knowledge about the engi class, feel free to share your infinite wisdom with us, as i certainly need something else to do, and shredding your pathetic attempts to derail this thread is a little entertaining.

back on topic, if you feel that you ahve something interesting to add regarding the engineer's ability to participate in Pvp, then by all means share your thoughts, but so far everything oyu have said has not been constructive in any way, shape or form, and has been only negative.
    If you do not like an idea, or part of an idea, the intelligent response is not "Me no likey dat ting, it be bad, me barsh it now!11!!" (as has been your trend to date), an intelligent response is a statement of your concerns, and how you believe them to be in error, and how you believe things could be changed instead.

Again, in case you missed it:

Share your thoughts regarding this idea, and provide constructive feedback regarding the issue, backed with FACTS and HARD DATA, instead of guesses and off-base approximations.

Comparing this idea to "Engi's want mongo" is about as bright as a cinder block, and shows that you posess little, or no reading comprehension skills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12