Thread: Confirm or deny the talk about NW: I may not grab my copy after hearing what I have..

Exclamation Confirm or deny the talk about NW: I may not grab my copy after hearing what I have..

The more info that I hear about NW, the more I don't feel like picking up my NW copy when it, finally, gets to the store on Tuesday (if it does).

I can't find hardly anything positive about it:
    1. Bugs, bugs, and bugs.
    2. Lag, lag, and more lag (not just for those who have NW)
    3. Exploits galore
    4. Voice pack sounds worse than a "B" movie
    5. New yalms bugged
    6. Etc...Did I leave anything out? /ack

Someone please tell me why I should go grab my copy of NW on Tuesday. I was really counting on this booster to add a lot of gameplay to AO. So, I want to hear why it's worth my $21.61....something other than just eye candy.

I'm not shocked, but surprised that Funcom would walk into this type of mess again.

Thank you for any replies!

- Chopit

Real PvP that actually *does* something.
    Watching your guild put up a tower complex and knowing that it's *yours*.
    And, of course, REAL ULTIMATE POWER! - uh, I mean, bonuses from the towers.

I guess it just appeals to the builder in me. *shrug*
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Bugs or no bugs, I think it's worth it. The bugs, exploits, and lag issues will be ironed out eventually, the voice pack is extremely customizable, etc...

And I do think that the tower PvP is interesting, if you don't play it like a 8 year old schoolgirl.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I can confirm its NOT fun to NOT have NW... So can the rest of my guild...

Plz send me ur NW version, pretty plz
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Originally posted by Kenlon
    And, of course, REAL ULTIMATE POWER! - uh, I mean, bonuses from the towers.
    ROFLMAO.

I hadn't seen that in ages. That copy should be on the official site.

Originally posted on some site
    Hi, this site is all about Omnis, REAL OMNIS. This site is awesome. My name is Robert and I can't stop thinking about Omnis. These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Facts:

1. Omnis are mammals.

2. Omnis fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the Omni is to flip out and kill people.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL REAL ULTIMATE POWER!
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

I would buy it.

You figure that bugs and exploits will be fixed. Nothing is perfect when released, you shouldn't expect it to be.

Lag has always been bad with 80+ people fighting in the same area.

You don't have to use the voices.

My new yalm isn't bugged.

My entire guild is loving it, even those who don't have Notum Wars. They're still able to defend our towers and attack others. They are very much anticipating the arrival of their copy so they can join in with the tower building. I'm very happy with it so far. Yes a few things can be changed (like, uh, getting a notice when our towers are getting attacked?) and a few things need to be fixed (like not getting the org bonuses from the towers in certain zones), but in the end I think it'll be much more solid, save the lag.