Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix BS Home!

Ya I've noticed it too. I recently discovered the joy of BS missions. Too bad I have to wait VERY long before I am able to move when I zone in there. And when I get there, it's like 10 steps then I have to load alot of new players entering the visible range and I get another fps freeze.

I have DSL and a fast PC and it's very annoying.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

hey cozmik, howzabout u use the edit function like everyone else?

Angry definitly

BUMP!!!!
    Vailin 179 MA RK1
    Carnby lev 139 Soldier RK1

BS is terrible to move around in. But, shouldn't we ask for more places to hunt for higher levels instead? Everyone I know level 100+ are in BS doing missions where you can find "safe" spots inside the missions where the mobs won't attack you anymore. I hate missions so bad now so I went to EFP to hunt medusas today. Went fairly okay, except two elders aggroed and I died quite fast They hit for more than 1k pr hit...

I've also done missions in SFH OP now rather than BS but the missions there can be ugly caves with acid/catwalk sometimes.

Yes, fix all the lag in the game, but also give higher levels more places to hunt.

Talking Bump

BS needs some serious help, i hit an all-time high of 14k ping last night

Yep, I know the evils of the city of home. It is a lag fest. I have SDSL at 384 and I get hammered going into Home.

Cosmik thanks for the reply and if you need help with capturing data with a protocol analyzer AKA sniffer, let me know and we can setup some tests and I can send you the caps.

Now, about those luxury apartments and the city of Jobe that you are thinking about letting Solitus NTs into....... *grin*

Altaire

Originally posted by Cosmik
    I hear ya! I hear ya!

We're working on testing the lag, locating the cause of it and, of course, fixing it. In fact, earlier on I ran into one of the worldbuilders in game. He was running around and locating lag spots and testing them. They're on it.
    hey wanna test the lag?

plug ur puter into a phone line dial up a isp

start ao with ur higlevel char u use to test out bugs and what not (yeah right) take grid to BS home and try to walk form grid to save

tehn look an notice the ping in botom right of screen

you do not have to do extensive research on where lag is, just post a poll on site listing very zone and ask where do yyou find the lag worse

i am guessing TRADE 20K and BS HOME
    Last edited by besheba; Jan 30th, 2002 at 08:38:00.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12