Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exploit?

Question Exploit?

I just took part in my first NW battle. Went to BS tried to defend clan tower and I was able to attack and kill a few omnis. That tower was lost so the clans retreated to another tower. Then they decided to attack another omni outpost. I went there with everyone else and we couldn't attack anyone. I would target and try to attack yellows greens and oranges only to get the too low/too high message. I asked my guild about it and was told it was an exploit. Can anyone tell if it is/isn't and if FC is aware of it? I thought maybe we hadn't used a sheild neutralizer or something, but as I don't have NW yet I don't know exactly what happened. Someone plz explain it to me. Thanks a lot.
    -Cozzio
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind
    -Jack Handey

Dunno anything about that. I just ran into another issue with getting rooted while in one of the old (unpainted) yalms and falling out of the sky, only to find I couldnt fly, disequip my yalm, attack or heal. Dunno if this is old or new, but if it better not be the reason FC implemented the new yalms/paints.

Originally posted by Altema
    Dunno anything about that. I just ran into another issue with getting rooted while in one of the old (unpainted) yalms and falling out of the sky, only to find I couldnt fly, disequip my yalm, attack or heal. Dunno if this is old or new, but if it better not be the reason FC implemented the new yalms/paints.
    Yalmahas have always behaved like that when rooted. Traders used to be able to take out a whole team by flying along side them, unequiping his yalm, and then casting an area root as he fell . That's the reason funcom put the whole "Cannot execute nano program while falling" thing in the game.

well, I'd have to say the new yalms and the yalm paints are a rather cheap and lazy fix for that. Especially since they charge you 20 bucks to get access to it, and then 9m - 240m creds just to get the items to fix it.

Actually, the new Yalms are mostly in because players asked for them. They fixed the area root problem like Rak described.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

They were implemented for reasons other than the players wanting them. They weren't in high enough demand to where I've seen any on RK2 yet. In fact, I've only seen 2 yalms that were even painted, 1 red and 1 gold, since yesterday afternoon. Must be coincidental that both the paints and the new yalms are resistant to roots too..

was a good fight cozzio i'm the leader of the outpost that was retreated to. Not sure on ur question tho, i was able to attack people. If you were in team, the level differentiation could have caused it. Also,dont think shield neutralizer had anything to do with it. everyone was able to attack and all even before i placed the shield remove on them. o well, booster pack is still new, it will have its flaws.

Unhappy

ya. I wasn't in team, maybe i was just bugged and i should have relogged
    -Cozzio

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind
    -Jack Handey

Yep, it is, but...

Perhaps you should've placed your post in the section dedicated to Bugs and EXPLOITS!

If you're gonna help the cause, make sure you are in the right place.

Soulmartyr

HI there,

It sounds like you are talking about the Raid that Red Tigers did on the omni bases in Broken Shores yesterday.

I too was getting messages about not being able to attack omni members even though they were a green conn to me. I put this down to the fact that I had a level 200 person in my team. If you could not attack other people then possibly it works the other way around too.
    As for us using it as an exploit......there is no way our teams were formed with the intention of exploiting. We had a high level support team, and several low level kill teams for your towers.
    If a low level person has a much higher level member in their team then it meant they could not attack the towers (we found this out during the second raid, when our teams became fragmented and random teams formed)

You guys out up a great fight for the first tower, I died once and our lvl 200 member died also. If it wasnt for another clan guild coming to our assistance then you might have been able to drive us back.

Fellowman

that there aint many painted yalms around yet has the simple reason that the majority of the players dont have notum wars yet, due to the shipping delay.
    new/customized yalms where something players asked for a long time and thats the reason they were implemented.

About casting while falling...is it actually removed? I know that when I'm jumping I can cast just fine, but it still has the "screwz j00, j00 fallz!" message.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    About casting while falling...is it actually removed? I know that when I'm jumping I can cast just fine, but it still has the "screwz j00, j00 fallz!" message.
    yeah, you can't do it....i tried to root someone in a yalm while i was falling from my yalm, and i couldn't.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

okay

so if they were teamed with someone I couldn't attack, could they attack me?Cuz they attack me but I coulnd't attack them
    -Cozzio

-Jack Handey

I used to not be able to cast anything while falling, but 14.6 broke that and now you can again. You still get the message saying you can't, but the nano does indeed execute.

Originally posted by Rak

Yalmahas have always behaved like that when rooted. Traders used to be able to take out a whole team by flying along side them, unequiping his yalm, and then casting an area root as he fell . That's the reason funcom put the whole "Cannot execute nano program while falling" thing in the game.
    WTF??

Yay.. trader hate has sunk yet another level deeper.. ofcourse traders are the only ones with area roots. Traders are the only ones that ever rooted anyone in their yalms, traders can take out whole teams singlehandedly.

I think you'll find the traders were probably too busy looking for more babies to eat.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

LoL

It's not trader hate, it's just that they are better than everyone else in terms of imagination

btw, I'm looking for some new fresh clanner babys to eat, you see it's hard for a trader to get some these day, and they taste really good with a little bit of bronto sauce

Originally posted by Wobble

WTF??

Yay.. trader hate has sunk yet another level deeper.. ofcourse traders are the only ones with area roots. Traders are the only ones that ever rooted anyone in their yalms, traders can take out whole teams singlehandedly.

I think you'll find the traders were probably too busy looking for more babies to eat.

Ummm that wasn't trader hate, I was just using that as an example. Sheesh, maybe I should have put a disclaimer at the bottom of my post stating that I used traders just as an example to get my point across.

Re: okay

Originally posted by Cozzio
    so if they were teamed with someone I couldn't attack, could they attack me?Cuz they attack me but I coulnd't attack them
    I had the same problem. So next time i made sure everyone in my team was green /yellow to me, but same problem, and people much higher were able to hit us, and sometimes people (green)were attacking us that we couldnt hit back at

Definately needs to be a fix
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast