Thread: For the last friggin' time: Crappy Grid Upload location

For the last friggin' time: Crappy Grid Upload location

(self censored)

I'll try to keep the *** **** ******* cussing to a *** **** ****** minimum, but this is the ******* last ***** time. I've ******* said it for a ****** year before, and I'll **** well say it again:

Take 5 minutes with a world dev, and sit him down, and have him move the grid upload entrance somewhere OTHER than 2 centimeters away from Omni-1. Hell, if that is too complicated because it would involve changing all the grid upload nanos, move the entrace to Omni-1 somewhere else. 10 meters away.

It's the LAST time I lose the most of a level because I gridded, turned, lagged, and ended up being dead before I finished zoning to Omni-Land, and yes, it's happened to me and I've heard it happen to others... pressing the wrong button after coming back from the 100 second cast duration, tried to turn and lagged or got rubberbanded...

Sorry, but it's just a pretty bloody silly place to put the global grid upload spot... with your back a foot away from death for half the players.

Is it asking for too bloody much?

I don't get pissed about losing XP in combat, or to bugs, or even to lag. I'm very laid back about it. I *DO* get pissed about losing XP to something as silly as a very poorly designed game element, and ESPECIALLY one as mundane as a grid upload spot that makes less sense than... I dunno, something that makes very little sense. The only thing I can figure is that it was put there early in world building when the other territories weren't done, and was never moved.

For the love of christ man, seriously... If I'm doing missions in BS, I guess I'll just walk all the way the fark downstairs and through the lag to the grid term proper, but if I'm hunting in EFP?
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Omni *does* own the grid.

Join Omni, we protect our own.

Omni also owned insurance technology and Whom-Pas. :-D

Still do.

Why do you think clanners keep going LD in the whompas and not getting saved properly at the terms?
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

*lol*

I knew there was some greater conspiracy.

Story-wise, the extremist Clans piss me off, and Omni-Med is an attractive benefit, so I am actually one of the more Omni-friendly Clanners you'll see - and your guards STILL gank me on sight! That's about as good a way to recruit people as the Sentinel guards shooting Neuts in front of a sign saying "Join the Clans"...

It's "Join the clans or die" , the sentinels are just a little backward and overzealous. Give em a chance , they're a good bunch, honest!
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

That's about as good a way to recruit people as the Sentinel guards shooting Neuts in front of a sign saying "Join the Clans"...
    Ha ha ha ha - I love their reqruitment policy !
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

bump...

having the upload point VEEEEEERY close to emergency exit would rock

*self-righteous bump*