Thread: NCU Belt equip time

NCU Belt equip time

is it just me, or did the equip time actually INCREASE with this last batch of patches?

I realize that at one time there was an exploit involving the equip time for the belts, but it's just ludicrious for me to have to sit down for a minute for a belt that may not equip properly and not be able to do anything else.

I can't continue to shop in stores. I can't reorganize my inventory, I can't equip other things, I can't make tradeskill items. every time I put on a new belt, I'm stuck doing absolutely nothing for 30-60 seconds and that's absolutely crazy.

I don't know about you, but each of my characters has put on new belts very rarely. Six times, plus a few here and there for resets.

I'd much rather have the long belt equip time and the now relatively fast NCU/device equip time.

They increased the belt equip time and decreased the NCU equip time in 14.2, if i remember correctly.

Vydas: I recently made 2 alts and the delay in equipping the belts is almost painful.

I cannot remember what the exploit was, however the delay was added to counter it.
    Just thank all those lovely people who cheat & exploit for your delay in equipping this item.

I dont know of any exploit

... but its very annoying. Bump for fix!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

If traders using their complit line of nanos to equip belts was an exploit, then that would be it. My trader cant do that, as the nano times out before the old belt is out...
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Thats no big deal just get a fixer ncu buff to hold your cmp lit buff. It don't matter if the spell times out as long as it's active when you first attempt to wear the belt. As for the long wait I also see this as lame. This game is nothing but long boring downtimes. Everything from extreme reclaim/rez times to sitting camping special mobs and on to the blue line you get when you close AO that can take up to 5 minutes to go away. I usually just ctrl+alt+del it. Ah wait we shouldn't forget the new wait and do nothing time you get when trying to run through an area like Trade or NLC where the game hangs every other step. FC seems bent on adding boredom into their game. Bordom must be a way of life in Norway or something.

Arrow

The fixer buff makes life easier for traders, but its not needed to swap. (though if you need it to cast the CL buff in the first place thats a different matter)

Its sort of like implant stepping, you can restep ncus...going to a higher belt is never a problem if you think it through. Though you might need to hold onto your older ncu.

The CL buff timing out has no effect on equipping the belt...the only thing that matters is your CL when you first equip the belt. As long as you don't zone, open 400 bags or try to move a dozen items around before the belt equips, you're fine. Basically stand still until its on
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

so it sounds like the super long equip time doesn't actually stop the comp lit buff from helping equip a better belt. (Whats wrong with that anyways?)

So lower the darn time already!

On a side note, what is the deal with all the hurry up and wait oppertunities in this game?

Originally posted by Mercatura
    The fixer buff makes life easier for traders, but its not needed to swap. (though if you need it to cast the CL buff in the first place thats a different matter)

Its sort of like implant stepping, you can restep ncus...going to a higher belt is never a problem if you think it through. Though you might need to hold onto your older ncu.

The CL buff timing out has no effect on equipping the belt...the only thing that matters is your CL when you first equip the belt. As long as you don't zone, open 400 bags or try to move a dozen items around before the belt equips, you're fine. Basically stand still until its on
    I dont think you understand fully
    I mean the CL buff needs to be cast when you have your current belt on, thus it times out before the current belt is off, leaving no NCU room to recast it before equipping the new one.

This is only a problem if you do not have other means of increasing your NCU's of course.

As some have already pointed out, fixer buffs help. And there are a slew of other NCU increasing items.

Conclusion : My remark has been proven splendidly irrelevant. Reduce belt equip / deequip times please !

I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

i never de-quip then re-equip... just hit the new belt and they will swap... with the new rules you have to have no ncu left on you, so you leave ONE in, cast the buff, take out the one ncu, click the new belt and voila!
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

just delete the old belt (and make sure you have room for NCUs in your inventory)

Originally posted by Clarah
    just delete the old belt (and make sure you have room for NCUs in your inventory)
    HAHAHA that's an exploit to the bordom sit and do nothing factor of AO. Shall you be banned and still billed for life

Arrow

I dont think you understand fully
    I mean the CL buff needs to be cast when you have your current belt on, thus it times out before the current belt is off, leaving no NCU room to recast it before equipping the new one.

This is only a problem if you do not have other means of increasing your NCU's of course.

As some have already pointed out, fixer buffs help. And there are a slew of other NCU increasing items.

Conclusion : My remark has been proven splendidly irrelevant. Reduce belt equip / deequip times please !
    I do understand fully, you seme to be forgetting you can still wear unbuffed ncu and step back up to at least what you had on before, giving you enough ncu to recast the buff as often as needed. Since you now have one more slot than before, you can place your new ncu and cycle them all in.

Its one of those things you will go "Oh duh!" when it happens, sort of like implant stepping (new way, not old) but harder to grasp for most people I've talked to. /shrug

Point of the story: the timer on belts and CL buffs is irrelevant for upgrading, and will never limit your potential. (though yes it is annoying as hell at times)

If you can buff it once, you can buff it again. (and no its not recasting the buff before it runs out, that tends to make the belt equip fail, just like zoning or opening a bunch of bags for some reason)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

You are quite right.

/me goes DUH

No real point in the long equip time. But we only do it 6 times per char

/shrug

You can, however, equip a belt during the duration of a tutoring buff. a ql35 tutoring device adds 9 to comp.lit

I put a 6-slot on my 63 enf today (no big feat really). ql50 bright and shining, ql5 faded (for the last point), int boost, trader's hat, tutoring device, and expertise. Pioneer for tutoring buff.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok