Thread: Will Shadowlands include NW?

Will Shadowlands include NW?

I doubt i will buy NW as I dont feel there is enough there to warrent it. However, I would like to know if shadowlands will include NW within it automatically to make it more attractive?
    Umm.. yes, i chose a crat.. i know.. WHY oh WHY?

Rocco Romble Eberling

Playing my alt Lakespeed like many other crats

Account Created 2001-06-28 3:08:07

Re: Will Shadowlands include NW?

Originally posted by Romble
    I doubt i will buy NW as I dont feel there is enough there to warrent it. However, I would like to know if shadowlands will include NW within it automatically to make it more attractive?
    What cind of a question is that? Thats like "buy it now or get it free later"

It's not terribly unusual in MMORPGs, though. For example, you can get the Everquest client and first two expansions together for only slightly more than the client itself and much less than the client and the two expansions separately. Given the fact that most or all of the NW features were originally slated to be part of Shadowlands, it wouldn't suprise me all that much if NW were included with the expansion.

Re: Re: Will Shadowlands include NW?

Originally posted by Yme

What cind of a question is that? Thats like "buy it now or get it free later"
    Like, "Buy the game client now or get it 'free' with Notum Wars"?
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

If you patched to 14.7, you already have NW:-) You just need to buy it in order to get the key to activate it. So to answer your question, yes Shadowlands will most likely have all the code needed for a newbie to play AO, including NW. They just need the key to activate NW. My guess is Shadowlands will have the NW key also as part of the total package of a full release.

I really don't see the reason(s) to go out and buy NW unless you intend to do alot of PvP. Most of the lvl200 players will buy this since there isn't anything for them to do except hoard their credits and seek new items. Essentially, they are stockpiling for the future and that will hurt those that aren't 200 yet (like me) since we won't have the time to amass the treasure, yet we will be classified as being maxxed out.

I know of a number of lvl200 players that have been there for awhile and not only do they have billions saved up, but have a locker full of backpacks full of multi-million credit items. By the time I get to lvl200, I'll barely have saved up enough for the next set of armor. This might be a way for FC to get these people to spend their money now so that when the time comes to set the max level to 300 or whatever, it'll even things hopefully out by then. My guess it won't unless they spend everything on their towers:P See why them things are so fragile right now???

EQ had the same issue when they decided to go from 50 to 60. AO is worse IMO, since it's easier to get to 200 than it is to get to 60th in EQ. By the time the max level is increased, most of the player base will be at 200. The number of newbies are not as prominent as they were a year ago. How many out there already have a lvl200 char and decided to start a new one? Quite a few. I have just one other char besides Khorgh and Khorgh is only 99. I'm a rare occurance:-)

Khorgh

Well the big difference between EQ, DAoC and AO is BS missions. While it might take more play time to get to level 60 in EQ or level 50 in DAoC, it was a LOT easier for me to spend more hours per day getting there because... well... there WASN'T things like BS missions.
    -BlueMagic

Blue "Zyian" Magic RK1

Well speaking of 1st hand experience, EQ after 30th is hellish at best. If you happen to make 50th in maybe a year of playing every day for 4+ hours, you MIGHT make 60th in another 3 to 6 months. I played for almost 3 years and made it to 30th with a Barb rogue, which is one of the hardest combos to level. My brother quit EQ and dumped 6 chars of 30th to 57th level into the ol' dreaded shredder. One of his chars actually had almost 200 days of playtime on it. That's how much he played. Even in one of the best guilds in EQ, with all sorts of help, he managed to make it to 57th before AO intrigued him. He hasn't been back yet. Nor have I, tho I did keep my account open.

I implore Funcom to not even eye the path that Verant took, by requiring players to camp spawns for days at a time (and I don't mean play for a few hours for 3 or 4 days, but 24 hours/day for a weekend) to get their epic item or suit of armor.

People have also bashed Funcom for 'selling' a patch like NW. At least this patch doesn't prevent players from seeing all of the areas in AO, nor prevent them from gaining any item. How many official releases of EQ looked great, but unless you had an uber level character, it was a pointless upgrade? All except for Luclin and Kunark were like that in EQ. I have never been to Velious, nor the Planes of Power. I can also run a quick mission in AO or hunt in EQ for an hour and maybe lose a week of experience when I die. It's no wonder EQ got the name EverCrack. You need to devote your like or face obsoletion.

Anyway, I got off topic, so really I see NW being part of Shadowlands. 2-in-1 keys. If FunCom can figure out a way to allow us to purchase the key online, future issues like NW had will be a thing of the past.

Khorgh