Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soldier Only Item Request: Flurry of Strikes

Soldier Only Item Request: Flurry of Strikes

QL: 25
    Description: This 'booster' should be placed in the utility inventory slots, and used when you want to hit very fast with your ranged weapons! It boosts Aggressive-Defensive and Ranged Combat Initiative for 20 seconds - plus 5 percent of a second per Quality Level of the booster. It locks the Fling Shot skill for 2 and a half minutes before it can be used again. The amount boosted varies with the Quality Level of the Booster.
    [Unique]

Attributes
    Slot: UTIL1, UTIL2, UTIL3
    Value: 1000
    Mass: 0.5
    Can: Carry, Wear, Use
    ItemType: Weapon
    Flags: VisibleFlag, Unique, DisableStatelCollision

Requirements
    ToUse:
    Self Fling Shot >= 111
    Self Profession == Soldier

Events/Effects
    OnUse:
    TimedEffect Wearer CriticalIncrease 10 for 15s
    TimedEffect Wearer AggDef 50 for 20s
    TimedEffect Wearer RangeInit. 150 for 20s
    LockSkill Wearer AggDef for 150s

OnActivate:
    AddSkill Self AggDef 3
    Last edited by Jonus; Dec 1st, 2002 at 02:34:20.

...damn! This is soldier luv you speak of! I'd always thought it was a myth... I hate to break it to ya, but you're probably livin a dream.

good idea btw, would be a nice item to have *shrug*
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

LMAO!

Soldiers wnan be every over profession, this is an ENf, Ma mix here.

Make it lock FLing for 30 minutes, remove the critical hit modifier and change the fling shot requirement to say.. Adventuring

Now your a Martial Artist!

Firing ranged guns fast LMAO! Not only physically impossible if the gun cant fire that fast but realy stupid also.

Well, I think there are quite a lot of guns that can fire faster than once every 2 seconds. Has weapons technology declined from now to the year 29476?

Yes shub. Much like they currently have targetting scopes that go over the eye but apparantly 28,000 years later they go on the gun again.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Internalfire
    LMAO!

Soldiers wnan be every over profession, this is an ENf, Ma mix here.
    No it's an Item we soldier could really need.

Adding that item to the game would not make us (the soldiers) über. I don't have the experiance with all the gamemechanics to make the stats balanced, but i guess that funcom could easyly introduce this item balanced.

Make it lock FLing for 30 minutes, remove the critical hit modifier and change the fling shot requirement to say.. Adventuring

Now your a Martial Artist!
    Hey let it lock the fling shot for 30 mins on use, ok! But give US that item.

Firing ranged guns fast LMAO! Not only physically impossible if the gun cant fire that fast but realy stupid also.
    But you think a flurry can speed up your attack speed with short range weapons?

Just think about the flurry of strikes as an high end spacetime accelerator which a soldier can connect with any gun. When activated the relative spacetime of the gun proceeds 4 time as fast as in the rest of the universe .
    Last edited by Jonus; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 00:22:15.

ranged people have llts's and melee have flurry, to give a "flurry" to solja only (esp with the 50% crits) IS unbalancing... why do you think they halved crits in the first place? So that they could negate the effect for solja?

sorry bro, solja need a lot of help, but stealing the melee items is NOT the way to do it unless you want to give me an MK generating item for my enforcer? hey, I would do that!

CLASS ONLY ITEMS SUCK

SELF ONLY BUFFS SUCK
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Ummmm.... At least you have ranged attacks. So, as my dad always said - Shut yer d&*n pie hole boy!

Later
    KylSawz ..:: Lvl 216 Atrox Adv ::..
    General for Lost Chapter

Originally posted by Yazule
    ranged people have llts's and melee have flurry, [...]
    Yep.

to give a "flurry" to solja only (esp with the 50% crits) IS unbalancing... why do you think they halved crits in the first place? So that they could negate the effect for solja?
    Well the TS(Targeting Scope) doesn't work together with all weapons very good.

Just give the soldier flurry as position "HUD3" and you have to choose it INSTEAD of a TS.

sorry bro, solja need a lot of help, but stealing the melee items is NOT the way to do it unless you want to give me an MK generating item for my enforcer? hey, I would do that!
    Nope, the MK is our best and only good skill, while "flurry of blows" is not the best thing melee based professions have.

CLASS ONLY ITEMS SUCK

SELF ONLY BUFFS SUCK
    Nope, i like this kind a stuff. It makes professions more unique and special.

guess you dont see my point.

THEY REDUCED CRITS, ie you want your old crits back by stealing THE MOST USEFULL MELEE ITEM.. yes it is exactly that.

llts max out at 15% ... flurry is 20% (but can only use for 30ish seconds of every 3 min). llts is better, but stack them?

ok there is 45%, now add MoP and base chance, maybe a VE or some such and you could get yourself up to 60-70% and we have not even talked about AR being MUCH higher than evades yet.

no, that is is.. just no

it is NOT what solja should get, unless you COMPENTSATE MELEE with oh I dont know MK

how else are we going to compete with a solja workin on 50% crits in a world the rest of us MIGHT max out at 25%.

no, you may NOT steal melee crits and add it on top of your own.

Now please explain how a scope that works ALL the time does not "work so well with all ranged weapons"

and I will say it again..

FoB IS THE BEST MELEE ITEM IN THE GAME

name something better!!!

*edit*

this is supposed to be a skill based game, that is why class specific items/ self only buffs suck, and also why I look forward to playing SWG.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

@Yazule
    1. old crits
    I don't want the old crits back, really.

2. HUD3
    I said the "flurry of strikes" should be at slot "HUD3". As you might know all TSs can only be equiped at HUD3 so you have to equip the flurry instead of a scope makeing it imposible to stack up TS and Flurry.

3. Targeting Scopes
    For some weapons (with high crit dam) a targeting scope can be very good, but for those not having high crit dam TSs suck, because of the RangedInit lose. (e.g. LLTS RangedInit. -800).

4. Gamebalance
    I do believe that funcom could introduce this item so that it is weaker as the "Flurry of Blows" for the "melee professions". Which should satisfy you.

as I said, you can have what we have if we can have what you have

easy!

*edit*

I DO think that solja love is near the top of the list of needs, I just dont like this solution, sorry.

ROFLOL

I would just like to point out that llts are not a ranged only item. Anyone who's lucky enough to have a llts be they melee or ranged can use them. There's been talk of nerfing melee and llts's but so far it hasn't happend has it?
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

idea itself isnt all that bad, i dont see any reason for a "soldier only" tag however. the FoB isnt enforcer only either.

but then..theres the TIM scope already

... yes the HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition ... it's nodrop and only drops from TIM. It's no common and its more designed to be a agent item.

I haven't wasted my ips on rifle and aimed shot so far, ...
    Last edited by Jonus; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 00:24:59.

Just use a FoB..

Just dequip your weapon, hit a flurry of blows, and requip your weapon.. I do it all the time with my flashpoint and notice alot more higher damage from my FAs when I do (Im a 200 enforcer using a ql 157 FoB and a 159 Flashpoint, i'm such a gimp). But, it is possible to use a FoB with a flashpoint. Guess that's the point im trying to make

hmm so basically from the posts ive seen you want...

to have 75% of people attack converted to heals when tms is up instead of reflected

50% boost to block nanoprograms with a 10% chance to remove hostiles

to reload 25% faster and switch weapons faster

and to be able to give yourself a big dmg/range/crit boost

your right theres nothing uber about that
    Last edited by Fyrestarter; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 01:56:51.
    Fyrestarter
    lvl 182 doc rk1
    Every ding a doctor gets above 150 will be punished with a smaller range of people to heal, with the same healnanos

They're called idea's Fyrestarter, he's just tossing idea's out in the hopes funcom will consider one or two and maby, just maby ungimp the soldiers in some way.

But that'd suck I guess, when doc's arn't able to slaughter us with rediculous ease anymore.

by HH Munro

Originally posted by KylSawz
    Ummmm.... At least you have ranged attacks. So, as my dad always said - Shut yer d&*n pie hole boy!

Later
    rofl, sad sad
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Fyrestarter
    hmm so basically from the posts ive seen you want...

to have 75% of people attack converted to heals when tms is up instead of reflected

50% boost to block nanoprograms with a 10% chance to remove hostiles

to reload 25% faster and switch weapons faster

and to be able to give yourself a big dmg/range/crit boost

your right theres nothing uber about that
    You haven't read my ideas very well have you? You have removed all requirements and circumstances away from my ideas that you can call them uber. If you want to discuss about the whole "vision" i have on the soldier, then go to the my ideas thread in the soldiers forum here. I won't defend any idea exept the "flurry of strikes" in this thread.

And yes Sherrman is right, i am throwing ideas in the suggestion forum, but i don't demand that all of them will make it into the game. All i am hoping for is that funcom gets inspired by one or two of them.
    Last edited by Jonus; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 15:37:11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast