Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: traders = weak soldiers in NW.

Originally posted by Julia
    Nothinman my view on a trader based on howmany i killed in duels. Yes i lost some fights especialy when i was looking for the way to kill traders and tesitn out some strategies. But also i have many trader friends we pvp together i see how they act in mass combat and its totaly different then most of you draw them on this boards...

About messman losing to nerfme well how come nerfme couldnt debuff me a sinlge time yesturday with my 1k NR and he could debuff enforser who has 1.6k NR?
    Pomy your a doc for gods sake the only thing more powerful then drains is heals. i dont think heals should be nerfed but they sure give you the advantage we dont.

and about messman not resisting nerfmees nano's dont ask me, nerfmee even said after that messmand didnt resist one of his drains.

you need to realise pomy that there are classes that cannot get 1k NR.. I have 650 and to get it much higher i have to gimp myself big time.. im not willing to do that to resist a drain now and then like the mighty pomy.

btw pomy jusr beacuse you can beat traders sometimes doesn't mean that they are suddenly balanced just because YOU beat them once in awhile or resist thier drains.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by diatribe

With all due respect Julia you are probably the most Uber doc in the entire game, and perhaps shouldn't be making such sweeping generalisations.

Most normal docs don't stand a chance against traders - even Letah - check our forums where she lists the chance against trader as 10%.

I was bit annoyed recently starting an alt and being told on "'OOC newbie' that docs owned everybody - ask Pomy!"
    Letah is the only doc that has killed meh **hides in shame**, the way for docs to win is pure Nano resist Pomy and Letah know that thats why they have a good chance against Traders, as dose every other doc that uses that tactic.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

posted by Jank

the way for docs to win is pure Nano resist Pomy and Letah know that thats why they have a good chance against Traders, as dose every other doc that uses that tactic.
    Well, Letah took the extra step of implanting shining NR in the head along with other +NR items. That shining NR is a big nanoskills hit that most docs don't want to deal with. Not sure if Julia did that.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Ah but Jank, the way I play and the way other people play differs. Let me explain why I would fight that way:

I would NSD you to stop you depriving/ransacking others. Sure my healpet would be useless, I may even be a sitting duck by that point, but the support I mentioned is busy beating on you. I got your attention, you are beating on me, they beat on you. You die. I am happy. I don't care whether I die or not, I am not after titles
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Talking

ROFL

would've been even funnier if you didn't mention one we can actually cast at the end
    Roland "Fingathing" Bunke 208 NT - on vacation
    Peter "Finga1337" Parker 214.16 Adv - My Equip

Rubi-ka 2

Originally posted by Hypos
    Well, Letah took the extra step of implanting shining NR in the head along with other +NR items. That shining NR is a big nanoskills hit that most docs don't want to deal with. Not sure if Julia did that.
    Yeah, I got 1197 NR. In a selfbuffed duel I stand a chance, but once the trader has mochies and already divested something/someone 1200 NR isnt gonna cut it.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Hi

Can i get huggles too Letah?
    Virico

Originally posted by Highjack

But again, why do I even respond to 12 year olds without a clue? Man, I am losing it.
    Buh Bye

Originally posted by Teufeldieb
    Blah NR is maxed and a Trader landed both drains on me while out defending a tower and yeah I was full defense. So I dont want to hear that stuff...

And it was a trader that saved my butt from the other trader.. it takes the group to win war not the individual. Select your targets wisely. As a Fixer I know I am a support class. HoT's NCU and speed for my mates. Area snares, roots, and evade debuffs for my foes. And the annoying fact that I can run in burst you for almost 2k root you and run back out..... annoying huh?
    I don't think I have had any problems landing divest drains but its true traders certainly don't shine in mass pvp but why should any profession shine. If I can get my drains up I do okay but in mass pvp that usually isn't an option as I am dead before I am done, unless I predrain. I don't have a problem with a support role so my new method is, drain drain die reclaim repeat let the rest of my team do the killing. This is my method now and it might change later cause I'm at the lv where I'm title capped yet expected to compete with lv's above the title cap and it just doesn't happen for me, so this method works for now.

My only wishes were that these changes to our profession didn't follow over to PVM.
    Last edited by Aqua; Dec 4th, 2002 at 21:59:25.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Originally posted by Kenlon
    The merchant argument is crap.
    Traders aren't merchants.

Drains need to change, but Traders should remain a dangerous force in PvP.
    sigh, i admit too, the merchant argument is crap.

but so is getting debuffed!

=]

Traders

Unless a trader is casting a wrangle on me.... i dont WANT IT

lol i dont need those pesky proggies running in my damed NCU

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234