Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: traders = weak soldiers in NW.

I was teamed with cless and sodie today we also had sultanx running aroun but he wasnt on my team we been holding against like20 omnis for good 15 minutie untill they finaly got me...

Sure traders are good becasue they have lots of tools to pvp with, clams, area roots, drains, heals but i didnt see cless debuffing everthing that moves he just drained some fixers, doc and another trader while i was debuffing everyone. Most the time drains used to keep trader ams high enough and disable certaint opnent...
    Remove drains you totaly ruin that proffesion in pvp. Without drains trader is nothing more but petless crat who cant even area calm and trust me those area calms are the nustiest thing i had to run in today 1k ini debuff and i cant get it off untill i get someone to attack me.. thats hard to do especialy when you resist half of area nukes and stand mostly behind healing team.
    I dont like myself being debuffed for 280 nano skills but i also know how hard is to land that on me.
    If you remove drains you will never kill doc who will stand behind and heal teamates try landing 160% resistance NSD on me .... And i can use very good team heals and even complite heal with Biometaphor dominate or crown of frost running on me thanks to lvl 200 massive Canon Turret i placed earlier today

While in duels.. trader getting owned by docs, enforsers. Las trader i fought died to me while i was weaing just Gaily Painted Hood and blue leopard suit i had about 700 less nano and 1k less HP couse i didnt have armor on and only 300 AC. And still i could beat trader in 1v1 self buffed. Btw if you think enforsers are uber in 1v1 then ask Gmuptor who lost to me when i had same setup.

Conclusion drains arent overpowerd in mass comabt they used as strategy just like any other debuff like nano shutdown or doctor ini debuff to disable certint oponents from being nasty.

Traders only good at duels and thats not how funcom see pvp now. Plus they arent best at trade skills sure they have buffs for them but enigs with their equipment and trader buffs are the only one who can build high end stuff.
    Last edited by Julia; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 10:34:46.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

All you need to combat a trader is an MP and some support. The MP NSD's, gets killed very quickly (even an Atrox one) then the support finishes the trader. Oh I love my NSD
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Ntrox The MP Gimp
    All you need to combat a trader is an MP and some support. The MP NSD's, gets killed very quickly (even an Atrox one) then the support finishes the trader. Oh I love my NSD
    When i calm your heal pet you can cast NSD on me unill your heart is content, will still see you at reclaim, Traders DONT need to drain every prof to be good.

BTW have killed a Rookie 200 MP 3 times with out debuffing and with NSD cast on me

Mass PvP is a diffrent story if you can get close enough to me to cast it your likly to die from the people that are around me, and if you do land it well we can just run back/away from the tower and fight and wait till it runs out, same with Divest use a Virus scanner, jeez wat else do you want leave traders alone, what are you going to do when traders get nerfed "even more" than they have been now? Nerf enforcers too?
    Last edited by Jankkar; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 13:00:37.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Last edited by Jankkar; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 12:59:28.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Julia
    While in duels.. trader getting owned by docs, enforsers. Las trader i fought died to me while i was weaing just Gaily Painted Hood and blue leopard suit i had about 700 less nano and 1k less HP couse i didnt have armor on and only 300 AC. And still i could beat trader in 1v1 self buffed. Btw if you think enforsers are uber in 1v1 then ask Gmuptor who lost to me when i had same setup.
    With all due respect Julia you are probably the most Uber doc in the entire game, and perhaps shouldn't be making such sweeping generalisations.

Most normal docs don't stand a chance against traders - even Letah - check our forums where she lists the chance against trader as 10%.

I was bit annoyed recently starting an alt and being told on "'OOC newbie' that docs owned everybody - ask Pomy!"

Maybe her trader didnt debuff and forgot to up evades and was lvl 75 0_o

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

I swear, if Julia had her way, we docs would get nerfed every single patch.

Please, Julia, come back to the doc forum and tell us again why you're so super uber. I still just don't get it.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Letah
    Maybe her trader didnt debuff and forgot to up evades and was lvl 75 0_o
    I wish i could fight a lvl 75 trader ")

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Why dont you just stop whining about trader being uber and try to pvp them... for real not that half HP crap yadayada yada.

Best strategy as a doc vs trader depends purely on luck.
    But chances are extremly high especialy when you resist every 80% of the divests.

I start duel with full defence my 17% nano resistanc buff on me i got both hot, short term HP running. I debuff trader with my ini debuff dot him with 2 highest dots that i have. If you do that you may claim a victory already.
    Problem is most traders are silli enough to keep trying to plaunder you which is hard and only waste of time and nano. Yes also use that noob nuke and use the gun that you can self equip with divest. plunder running on you. I use that Gamme Ejector that can be found in formenas since i am SMG user. Its great gun i do 200 pvp damge very fast and its alot more then my 12 pvp damge with ql 200 MCS.

If trader is lucky and land divest/plunder right away then its just a game of outliving the first who runs out of nano lost. Usualy its a trader is the one who will run out of nano. Well in outlivng opponent... you need to have alot of good equipment like Gaily Painted hood, Shining Faded Bright nano regeneration jobe implants and so on.
    Last edited by Julia; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 17:18:24.

Originally posted by Hypos
    I swear, if Julia had her way, we docs would get nerfed every single patch.

Please, Julia, come back to the doc forum and tell us again why you're so super uber. I still just don't get it.
    I wouldnt nerf doctors.

Doctors are best in duels. However they suck in mass pvp. All i am good at in tower battles is healing my teamates and maybe debuffing someone who got close enough to me.

julia do you think were all idiots? and your getting kind of off topic...

the whole drain debate is centering around getting them slightly adjusted for PvP. there has been alot of good points made and alot of good ideas.. unfortunatly for the trader community the second someone says trader on the forums they are a trader hater who wants drains nerfed and they blindly hop into there baby eating thing or noers patented im better then you so i don't need to talk to you routine.

Pomy correct me if i am wrong but you play a doc and a trader? your view on this is kind of partial eh? I base my opinions on getting killed by traders on a regular bases for over a year and seeing so many others getting killed by traders for over a year. I see how easily they destroy every class in 1 v 1 pvp and how much damage they do im mass pvp with thier debuffs and damage (jeepers look at AS this patch!!)

also i would like a trader to comment on the fact that soldiers have green weapon skills, and dark blue tradeskills while traders have dark blue (or close i think correct me please) weapon skills and green tradeskills. also that all of the soldiers buffs center around combat and defense while the traders have alot of tradeskill buffs...

please im not flaming it's just that you all seem to think that traders are the uber combat class but why is it that they can completly destroy soldiers ma's and enfs?

just because pomy likes to cite specific examples im gonna post one. i was in 2ho with messman chatting and a lvl 148 omni trader comes in.. he teams with me and messman agrees to a duel. because the trader is grey and thus out of pvp range, i had to team with him.

first duel, messman was not quite ready and got completely uterly owned.. second duel he buffed up and got.. completely utterly owned. now even tho this grey trader had some outside buffs, he took down a blood red enforcer with punishment rod who is one of the most experienced pvp'ers on the server without even rooting and running.

hows that for an example pomy? :/
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

was that nerfmeee?

baha

Originally posted by diatribe

With all due respect Julia you are probably the most Uber doc in the entire game, and perhaps shouldn't be making such sweeping generalisations.

Most normal docs don't stand a chance against traders - even Letah - check our forums where she lists the chance against trader as 10%.

I was bit annoyed recently starting an alt and being told on "'OOC newbie' that docs owned everybody - ask Pomy!"
    Letah > Pomy

In that duel they had in MMD I happened to pass by once at the beginning, then once more about 1 hour later, and I think the status was Pomy at 80% nano, Letah at 100%.

Originally posted by Nothinman
    just because pomy likes to cite specific examples im gonna post one. i was in 2ho with messman chatting and a lvl 148 omni trader comes in.. he teams with me and messman agrees to a duel. because the trader is grey and thus out of pvp range, i had to team with him.

first duel, messman was not quite ready and got completely uterly owned.. second duel he buffed up and got.. completely utterly owned. now even tho this grey trader had some outside buffs, he took down a blood red enforcer with punishment rod who is one of the most experienced pvp'ers on the server without even rooting and running.

hows that for an example pomy? :/
    /me waits for someone to come in here and question Messmans experience, claiming he died because he didn't know how to play his class or some other yada yada yada.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

/me waits for someone to come in here and question Messmans experience, claiming he died because he didn't know how to play his class or some other yada yada yada.
    i fought messman with my lvl 84 NT and owned him, he sucks worse than a um... umm... wait lemme think..um....

just for referance messman pretty much killed me through TMS + 6 % bracer just before he fought the trader.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Nothinman
    just for referance messman pretty much killed me through TMS + 6 % bracer just before he fought the trader.
    bah, your just a freshman.. what do you know about pvp

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Letah > Pomy

In that duel they had in MMD I happened to pass by once at the beginning, then once more about 1 hour later, and I think the status was Pomy at 80% nano, Letah at 100%.
    At that fight i didnt have shining jobe and faded jobe nano regein implants in.. and my weapon was oed due to wrack and ruin constly runing on me.

With new towers i can self buff wrack and ruin and sintinent nanogoger at this lvl...

I wouldnt mind fighting letah now

Nothinman my view on a trader based on howmany i killed in duels. Yes i lost some fights especialy when i was looking for the way to kill traders and tesitn out some strategies. But also i have many trader friends we pvp together i see how they act in mass combat and its totaly different then most of you draw them on this boards...

About messman losing to nerfme well how come nerfme couldnt debuff me a sinlge time yesturday with my 1k NR and he could debuff enforser who has 1.6k NR?

posted by Julia

I use that Gamme Ejector that can be found in formenas since i am SMG user. Its great gun i do 200 pvp damge very fast and its alot more then my 12 pvp damge with ql 200 MCS.
    I applaud you, Julia. I've often wondered if intentionally using a low QL weapon would improve my chances. Unlike you, I was never willing to make that consession. Getting my MCS back on just requires me to track down too many people.

I do have a follow up question for you though. This sounds like a special dualling option only. You wouldn't try this in a mass PvP situation would you? And if you didn't, how do you think you would fare against the same trader?
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast