Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: traders = weak soldiers in NW.

Originally posted by Jerra / Eigo
    But a person who trys to make deals, and barter, should not be able to kill a General of an army, who has trained his whole life, and has become extremely proficient with his gun.
    Why not?

When that generals of yours is at the bar getting drunk... the bartender just pulls out his shotgun from under the desk and wham... the general is both drunk and dead, easy as that

Originally posted by Jerra / Eigo
    omg, i think im gonna cry....

wait a sec, nope, nope im not gonna cry.

traders shouldnt be good at pvp. they should be good at trade skills (they are) and other things. But a person who trys to make deals, and barter, should not be able to kill a General of an army, who has trained his whole life, and has become extremely proficient with his gun. It just didnt make any sense that they used to be able to.
    Lol.. the good old merchant argument...

/puke

Talking

Originally posted by Fryli

When that generals of yours is at the bar getting drunk... the bartender just pulls out his shotgun from under the desk and wham... the general is both drunk and dead, easy as that
    And excactly how many Tower wars take place in the 0% bar in Hope, do you think? Seriously, give the engies the trader combat buffs, and force the traders to set up shops in the town squares.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

I thought engis gonna uber in NW ?

Arrow Are you small minded? Food for Thought

Supply lines win more wars than grunts.

No fuel = you lose. Troops also tend to desert when you stop feeding them.

So the "merchant" didn't pull the trigger, but how useful is the general sitting with his battalion of tanks out of ammo and fuel, streched 50 miles long into enemy territory?

Anyways...back to your regularly scheduled whining.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

The merchant argument is crap.
    Traders aren't merchants.

Drains need to change, but Traders should remain a dangerous force in PvP.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Anyone can lead into battle, but it takes a genius to support him
    Last edited by Fryli; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 15:12:21.

Originally posted by LordDeMoN
    rofl, damn Alphafemale. check my stats on my tag below. do u see a trader? NO. thats what i thought.

me = sympathyzer ^_^

traders should at least get sum minor compensations for the major nerfs there taking. the players didnt make traders gods, FC did they just choose to play a trader as their main...

/sentak.
    bump!

no more baby eating.. with NW our ability to eat babies has been nerfed..
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    The merchant argument is crap.
    Traders aren't merchants.

Drains need to change, but Traders should remain a dangerous force in PvP.

trade skill buffs for soldiers please!

The fighter argument is crap.
    Soldiers aren't fighters.

I'm sorry but what do you expect to be in a mass pvp? What differnence do you expect to make as a single person in a, lets say, 20 vs 20 war? You add dmg, just like every other single person, but together its a force. That one soldier does an alpha, that one engie protected a friend from an alpha, that one trader gimped an enemy by divests, or rooted that ma. I can go on and on and in the end not many single persons will say "I was the ruler of the battlefield!". You added value to your group, what do you want more?

If I look at my 3 chars they also do not jump out as uber on the mass battlefield, yet they do add value, just like traders. I really don't see the problem.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Agreed with Letah. Numbers matter. The ability to generate damage as a group matters. Being uber by yourself doesn't matter.

I didn't get a single solitary kill credit this weekend, despite being 'the other uber pvp profession' - a Doctor - and despite spending over half my time fighting around towers.

Probably the biggest difference I made to anything was soaking up alphas and nukes then CHealing, and hitting people with rapid palsy then running away before their friends hit me with more than I could take.

I loved it
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

that one trader gimped an enemy by divests
    Well, Letah, if we can't divest anymore, what do we add then?

Blah NR is maxed and a Trader landed both drains on me while out defending a tower and yeah I was full defense. So I dont want to hear that stuff...

And it was a trader that saved my butt from the other trader.. it takes the group to win war not the individual. Select your targets wisely. As a Fixer I know I am a support class. HoT's NCU and speed for my mates. Area snares, roots, and evade debuffs for my foes. And the annoying fact that I can run in burst you for almost 2k root you and run back out..... annoying huh?
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

so im curios. if Traders aka merchants are supposed to be uber at combat, and so are soldiers.. why do traders have green tradekills and tradeskill buffs?

/boggle
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Nothinman
    so im curios. if Traders aka merchants are supposed to be uber at combat, and so are soldiers.. why do traders have green tradekills and tradeskill buffs?

/boggle
    Because they are the best at tradeskills too.

Duh.

Originally posted by Beatenblue

Well, Letah, if we can't divest anymore, what do we add then?
    Heh, I'm not buying that, 20 targets, I bet you can choose a non doc or someone at full aggro there whom you can do -200 on.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    While the plunders wont get through, the 100% one will.

Most of our nukes have 110% NR
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&nano=1&id=56028

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&nano=1&id=83947

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&nano=1&id=28616

bah. You need a nerf!

*runs away*
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

only the last one is a nuke

ps: i still wait for someone stating this was actually trader love. in your twisted logic you always find a way to turn it the way you want to have it..
    Last edited by Beautyfarm; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 23:47:04.

Re: Are you small minded? Food for Thought

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Supply lines win more wars than grunts.

No fuel = you lose. Troops also tend to desert when you stop feeding them.
    Lol. Interesting. I didn't know I had to stop by a gas station or a FARP to refuel my Yalm or my QW in order to get to a battlefield.

FYI: Rubi-Ka is a place where historical real life military tactics don't automatically apply. There is no Blitzkrieg. No Scorched Earth, and no Strategic Land/Air Initiative or Phalanx formations, and no dangers of Black Hawks going down, to mention a few.

Plz understand that AO and World War 2 are not really comparable. Any attempt to justify trader buffs, tactics and behaviour by drawing lines to RL and warfare are stupid and futile.

And that's all I got to say on the subject. Don't make me come back and explain in further detail
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

Nothingmans reply says the most, green weaponskills vs green tradeskills, kinda obvious who should do good dmg in the eye of the designer. You can debate it all you want but soldier is soldier, they dont have anything else then killin' stuff with big guns.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast