Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: traders = weak soldiers in NW.

traders = weak soldiers in NW.

after browsing around and reading all i could, and if all ive read is true. than this is my conclusion.

in NW (*base siegeing/defending) a trader is nt more now than a weak soldier.

traders were uber in pvp because of there drains/roots etc. they could land the divest easily and in a 20 min fight the plunder (190% resist one) would eventually land. but with the 50% resist towers etc and the boost the ransak towers get. i think its impossible for a trader to land the debuffs. if so, even tho trader are strong. that is cheap and one of the biggest nerfs we've seen in a while and really needs to be fixed.

traders dont wanna eat babies. thats just all we feed em...

/sentak.
    Last edited by LordDeMoN; Dec 1st, 2002 at 02:08:48.
    [ Russel "Sentak" Neblett | 200 Clan Doctor and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Schifter" Schwag | 50 Clan Agent and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Jostle" | 1 Clan Shade and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ QL 200 Implant Service!.. "You design 'em,... I do the rest!" ]

lol. o well, bump for the baby eaters ^_^

/sentak.
    [ Russel "Sentak" Neblett | 200 Clan Doctor and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Schifter" Schwag | 50 Clan Agent and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Jostle" | 1 Clan Shade and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]

While the plunders wont get through, the 100% one will.

Most of our nukes have 110% NR

thats a shame.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Traders arent Weak now, if anything the siegeing/defending helps us, now we can pick out Traget to drain.

When attacking defending a tower almost ever prof is there, so out of ever prof an not going to try drain the doc/NT/Enf or Crat first, no, ill drain a Agent/Soldier/MA and so on, then when fully drained then its time to Divest the docs/Enf/NTs and crats.

Also the only prof that i wouldnt have a chance at beating while being fully drained and without divesting them is a Doc. Its not essental for a Trader to have to drain the target to win a fight, if your pre-drained you can still beat most.

Don't get over exited trader's arent anyweaker now
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by Jank
    Don't get over exited trader's arent anyweaker now
    Shocker!

I've got virually no PvP experience, this was my first real go at it tonight while helping the clans in Broken Shores. But here's what happened to me as me, trying to be a good little supporter, tried to get near the battle.

As I was still a ways out from the main fight, I encountered a bot that was yellow-green to me, so I sent Grrrrrr, my attack pet, after it. Moments later, a divest landed on me and an orange-con MA started attacking me. I'm not sure, but I don't think the trader actually shot at me at all, in part because the fight lasted even longer than I thought it would. But the trader's divest meant I couldn't use my nuke (not having PvP'd before, I'm unaccustomed to having to downgrade my nuke, so I had nothing set up to do that) and I couldn't retarget the Grrrrrr. 30 seconds or so later I was visiting reclaim.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaning. I thought it was kind of cool, and a pretty good indication of how a trader is still a force to be reckoned with.

On a somewhat related note, pet pathing outdoors in a jaggedly hilly area like northern Broken Shores is pretty much as bad as in missions. Even if I had not been divested out of control of my pet, I have very little confidence that we would have actually come to and engaged the MA.

And on another related note, trying to be act in a support capacity (I'm not saying all MPs should be, just that I wanted to be) by staying a the back of the line and handing out MP buffs to the recently deceased was kind of hard for me, in part because it was really hard to find where "the back of the line" was. Maybe this will become clearer as I/we gain more experience in these big battles.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Fix it because you can't kill 100% people you encounter? sigh.. traders have to be the biggest cry babies. or at least you.

but i do know it has to be hard having something then loosing it. but non the elss, you have to get used to it, cuz rest of us been playing AO like that this whole time. so shut it

Originally posted by Alphafemale
    Fix it because you can't kill 100% people you encounter? sigh.. traders have to be the biggest cry babies. or at least you.

but i do know it has to be hard having something then loosing it. but non the elss, you have to get used to it, cuz rest of us been playing AO like that this whole time. so shut it
    Ehh?

Is this supposed to generate sympathy for the Traders? Haha! Nerf them some more, I say.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

nerf traders

thanks

going to bed now...

Whats funny is those nice Virus Scanner that Ive only been able to use in 2ho since NW cause ppl never release aggro. They dont know where you are, they dont know what you are, they havent even touched you but they have aggro on you. Funcom should make a rule that if you dont damage your opponent for 30sec, you lose aggro on him.

rofl, damn Alphafemale. check my stats on my tag below. do u see a trader? NO. thats what i thought.

me = sympathyzer ^_^

traders should at least get sum minor compensations for the major nerfs there taking. the players didnt make traders gods, FC did they just choose to play a trader as their main...

/sentak.

Peace.

Traders are not weaker at all, its just like its always been. We are not as good in mass pvp wars as we are in 1on1's. Its fun though.
    weeeeee

omg, i think im gonna cry....

wait a sec, nope, nope im not gonna cry.

traders shouldnt be good at pvp. they should be good at trade skills (they are) and other things. But a person who trys to make deals, and barter, should not be able to kill a General of an army, who has trained his whole life, and has become extremely proficient with his gun. It just didnt make any sense that they used to be able to.

brb I'm gonna go cry myself a river.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Jerra / Eigo

traders shouldnt be good at pvp. they should be good at trade skills (they are) and other things. But a person who trys to make deals, and barter, should not be able to kill a General of an army, who has trained his whole life, and has become extremely proficient with his gun. It just didnt make any sense that they used to be able to.
    Tell that to these guys:

http://www.usmm.org/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast