Thread: Name Creation

Name Creation

Something thats been bugging me a while, is that fun moment... agonizing over a name!

Sometimes you know what name you want, sometimes you dont... and end up in the name terminal.. trying alternatives. The problem is.. once you´ve tried an alternative that is accepted, the choice is final. (hehe ok I can delete char and make a new copy... but it takes time logging out.. logging in aso)

What Id like to see, is a sort of confirmation: "This nickname is available, do you want to chose it?" Just to let you know what your options are before you chose! Like the info box you get when the name isnt available.

Before the patch where funcom changed the layout of the creating chars (which I btw find an improvement!) you could go down, choose a name, and then go back and create a char round the name, if you wanted to. That opption isnt possible now, and although I dont create chars round names usually, I know ppl who do.. Just a thought!

: Can you chose not to have a first and last name now, or are you automaticly given one after lvl 20 or something, if you havent chosen??

Laure: 101 doc
    Eliara: 71 MA

There's a naming ternminal in every backyard that assigns a first and last name when you click on it. You can do it as many times as you want until you find a name you like.

Wrong name ehh?

Originally posted by Calaneil
    There's a naming ternminal in every backyard that assigns a first and last name when you click on it. You can do it as many times as you want until you find a name you like.
    Well I don´t think that was what she meant ...Its the nick name where talking about here isnt it? ....

Would be very nice whit some kind of verefiation box! *BUMP*

I´d like a /name or some command like that. a command you can use up to lvl 10 or somthing.
    Often you just test a profession out ..check skills, try diferent clases whit diferent professions and in some cases you "fall" for one of those characters and very often when you just have tested somthing you just take a crapy name. Then it would be very usefull whit a /name comande so I could change my crapy name to somthing that im conftebl whit.
    Synaptikk, Adventurer, Omni, RK-1
    Zhaga, Engineer, Omni, RK-1
    Foulplay, Agent, Omni, RK-1

KEEPER OF "ADVBOT" @ RK-1, JOIN!! (read about it)

"Moment of terror is the beginning of life" - Front242

That's be nice, yep.

Right now, I just try them on the "People of Rubi-Ka" thing on this site, to see what's available, then start the game.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

I agree with you Linney! but if and when they ever do get to doing that, until then I'm just going to go with Blue Cat's idea.

yes I suppose using the "peoples-page" is one solution...

Still, I think its such an easy change from funcoms side, just adding an info box, like when the name isnt accepted.

IMO its alot of the "little" stuff, easy to change stuff... that would make the game flow more nicely and more enjoyable.. but thats another topic/post entirely!

*Hoping for snow*

Doc Laure lvl 101
    Eliara Ma 71

Originally posted by Linney

*Hoping for snow*

Doc Laure lvl 101
    Eliara Ma 71
    *BUMP* for snow =P
    Synaptikk, Adventurer, Omni, RK-1
    Zhaga, Engineer, Omni, RK-1
    Foulplay, Agent, Omni, RK-1

KEEPER OF "ADVBOT" @ RK-1, JOIN!! (read about it)

"Moment of terror is the beginning of life" - Front242