Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks roots were buffed up too much in 14.7?

Am I the only one who thinks roots were buffed up too much in 14.7?

Ok, so now I can't break roots I have running on myself. I know I can use those crappy stims to break a root, but that takes me about 30 seconds with the highest QL shop bought stims, and for all practical reasons I consider that "unbreakable".

I'm fine with that *if roots break easy when I'm being shot/nuked*, but they don't. Aparently the chance of a root breaking has been reduced now, because I frequently take 5-10 or more hits without roots breaking. And how hard is it to reapply a root every 2-3 shots, to keep me perma rooted? I have also had situations where multiple opponents have been shooting at me for 10 seconds without breaking the root.

So is this what FC intended? To make every non rooting class a sitting god damn duck? Exactly what does this add to the gameplay?

At least I got range, so I'm not 100% helpless, but what about melee professions? Or people with low range guns?

Yeah, I know this is a whine, so I don't need some ******** comming in here to post just that. But it is a valid complaint about something that is just plain destructive to the enjoyment of the game for many professions.

MA's and adventurers apparently does so much damage that most professions need unbreakable roots to balance it out.

Whining is good !!

The old way was so much better...

It's REALLY fun when you're blitzing, and a crat roots you, but no one can hit you cause you're on full def and when someone does hit you the root doesn't break. No joke, I was chainrooted for over a minute and eventually had to go full agg to get the root to break

P.S. It was Void Inertia, I didn't even bother with the crappy stims.

Originally posted by OddLogic
    MA's and adventurers apparently does so much damage that most professions need unbreakable roots to balance it out.

Whining is good !!
    Ma's do Damage?!?!
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Originally posted by OddLogic

Whining is good !!
    haha... glad someone pointed that one out
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

Good isn't it ? The PvP adjustments to roots and calms made them near useless in PvM and overpowered in PvP.

I like the old way roots worked alot more...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Insida
    The old way was so much better...
    Yep, the rooting system we had about a year ago was much better...
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Way overpowered now. Roots should break when you are hit, period.

lol

Roots were broken before, now they work like they are supposed to.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

like i said before, id just like to be immediately stunned whenever entering a pvp zone

i like it how rooting classes seem to think its fine though
    Last edited by Wal; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 21:52:56.
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

roots are pretty powerful now, bad thing is they hit the classes who really dont need any further nerfs in pvp (mas and advs mainly). the class i would really need to root (enforcers) is pretty much immune.

I hate roots. I've hated them in every game thats ever had them. They're pointless and annoying most of the time. I say just take the roots out of the game and forget about them. The only reason they're in AO is because EQ had them.. everyone knows AO is EQ-in-Space.

Re: lol

Originally posted by Shiftyr
    Roots were broken before, now they work like they are supposed to.

Eheh, since when? They where never broken.
    Ever.

If your talking about them being broken through debuffs, that is the debuff problem.

But seriously, being rooted and not being able to do a damn bit about it sucks.

Getting shot to 5/6 times and it not breaking, using a freemovement or whatever the root one is to break roots isnt fast enough, you can chain cast roots so fast.

You, anyone...SHOULD have a chance to break roots.
    Anyway as everyone should know Roots...where they not intended for escape? Yup...and whats the solution? Make it break like a calm you get hit and it breaks.

But..Funcom tailored it to BALANCE the (non solo fighters and turned them into the best fighters).

As an enf, to keep mongo, rage, absorb, challenger, using flurry, first aid/stims, sneak,fast,brawl,(dimach once off) and 2k absorb tank.
    I have up to 3 quickbars for items and kits and stuff, even considering putting specials back up to see when they are ready, even those I do use the keyboard shortcut.

when ever they appear, is alot of hard work, sometimes im frantically bashing at the keyboard becuase hehe, most of the time I never see the recharge for my specials appear on the screen because of the spam.

Yet I take off other hit by nano off, other hit other, and much more.

Roots.... well it does give those classes who cannot stand face to face with a melee class a chance. I dont think any high lvel enforcer has a problem, mas can or at least could use some good bows and now that was nerfed, and advs..well... never played one myself sadly.

Originally posted by Wal

Of course.....cuz all the root classes also got a line of root-breaking buffs.

Originally posted by Wal

My three highest are tl5, agent/trader/fixer...all capable of nasty roots and snares.

I think how it works now is pure FC...idiotic I mean.

I duelled an enf b4...my snare worked better than a root, he couldn't move. I dueled an ma, I rooted her, she couldn't do anything. It's stupid how it works now, totally and utterly.

Arrow

Heh this rooter also thinks they should have around a 50-90% chance of breaking per hit in PvP not the ~10% it feels like. High nanoresist should increase the percentage, higher ql roots should decrease it, with caps on both ends.

As for PvM, they're crap now. Mobs also need a line of code that says "I won't use the highest ql root right before I die just to make you miserable"

Ditto for snares, lower percentage would probably be better though.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Its the same problem as it has always been, FC have a bad habit of making every little fix into something huge. They overdo every single fix with a mile.

But its basically the same problem as before, I as a crat was constantly killed and there was nothing i could do about it, now MAs and Advs get rooted and there is nothing they can do about it, i still hardly can hit a MA but thats a different story.

If roots were made to break easily, i would like some green weaponskills and weaponbuffs so i can compete on your conditions.

Still there are balance issues, huge balance issues.

In FC's defense they tried putting in stuff that could help some professions break/shorten roots and snares tho. But they need to realize that with the current amount of lag, at least the nanos they added are pretty much useless.

It's also rare that you are allowed to live long enough to use the stims the 10 times required to break a root.

And don't even get me started on why they give root-breaking nano's to the professions who have roots in the first place...it's like some evil joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast