Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks roots were buffed up too much in 14.7?

Originally posted by OddLogic

And don't even get me started on why they give root-breaking nano's to the professions who have roots in the first place...it's like some evil joke.
    Roots are the Devil.

Hehe, had one on me last night..

"Spin Nano Web"..

Someone cast it on me while I was attacking a Storm tower in EFP.
    I was a bit too far in front of the rest of the attacking forces so I ended up dead pretty soon after. The interesting thing now was that the snare was still there.

-1550 or something to movement for 28 minutes????

I petitioned "stuck" and got Ark Tchuu on promptly who said this was a bug, and that your body should revert to last saved config without any nanos running (except pvp flag and TC line of nanos).

"Purge NCU" kits work on this nano, but its very slow.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

HOW TO NOT STAY ROOTED

Get some first aid and use free movement ffs.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

I can break just about any root with Infernal rage, so I'm all good.. *runs off and hides*
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

Re: HOW TO NOT STAY ROOTED

Originally posted by Shiftyr
    Get some first aid and use free movement ffs.
    How long does it take you to recast your root after it has taken 5-10 stims to break it?

Could you keep on casting it?

Now stfu with your *****ing
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Angry why roots

Take away an agents last line of defence? You already had our aimed shot gimped because you didnt like the idea we could actually hurt you (heaven forbid), and now we lose our scopes as well.

Aimed shot - Gimped
    Scopes - About to be gimped
    Roots - Everyone wanting gimped

Whats left? Er let me see, a pet 50 levels below me, hmm thats scary. Our amazing AC and HP levels, hmmm no cant be that. OH YES WE CAN FP! Thats it, I can spend a full minute casting Mind howl or some lame ass nano. Oh whats that, im dead before I can finish it? Oh Mimic I hear you say, ah yes I can cast it now, ooops not enough T&S, better cast one 40 levels below me, why are you laughing, oh 100 points of nano damage doesnt hurt you?

I know, we can cast FG and flex out the way of your incomming shots!

Let me get one thing straight, what are we supposed to fight you with, harsh language?

I guess you prefer to see no agents in PvP, cos if roots get gimped, thats what will happen. One big hit, oh no more damage from the little man in a ski mask.

1) roots ( and snares me thinks ) should last less time ( 28 mins on a snare is ridicilous ).
    2) free movment stims should be way more efficient ( 2 uses maximum for a high level root ). anyway, we can chain root if needed.
    3) give anti root nanos ( snares? ) to everyone ! Mas and advs are really ****** atm and maybe lower the reqs too.

Well i am a rooting class (agent) and more to the point i am very good at it..

Here is my 2 pence worth.. In the PVM world, root pervious to the current patch where pretty dam useless. now they are great, they stick more oftern and now you can sneeze next to the mob and not have him break out of the root ...

In PVP they work as well, thats dam usefull...

so what have i said basically i like roots now, but i would', would'nt i ? I am a rooter....

However,,, I don't think there is much wrong with the system as it stands now... let me explain why...

In the arena a few days ago i fought a doc, we had quite a good fight, but half way through it i was looking like i might fold... I rooted the doc and ran away... now normally iwould heal up a litle go back and eat the prey for breakfast.... but this time no more than a few seconds after i rooted the doc came scampering around a corner having unrooted themselves...

My point is IT IS TOTALLY possible to get out of a root... we rooters need our roots and you can break out...

But i will say 1 thing in your defense.. ALL CLASSESS SHOULD HAVE A UNROOT.

Maybe a line that is insta cast, with a 10 second recharge...
    something to make MA';s and ADVs have a easyer time against rooters.

theotus.

Originally posted by SoloSAN

But i will say 1 thing in your defense.. ALL CLASSESS SHOULD HAVE A UNROOT.

Maybe a line that is insta cast, with a 10 second recharge...
    something to make MA';s and ADVs have a easyer time against rooters.

theotus.

you do and it dosent waste rchare time on a nano its sold in every advanced shop.....

now spend the ip on First Aid and get some and evey one elese.....

NERFS WERE BEING EXPLOITED up untill this was fixed, it was not intended for you to debuff your self or dmg ur self to break a root. well they made it so you couldnt exploit it so now DEAL with it get over it and spend the ip....

awwww so now u have to spend ip on NanaResist and first Aid awwwww poor baby so you have to give up somthing else that u spend ip on like attack skillz or evades or somthing else awwwww
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Roots are fine now, sure- its a pain to get rooted in a mish and have al the mobs miss you over and over again.. So what.

YOU ALL know thats how FC intended them to be like! Why else would any class have 3 minute roots? Because FC wanted those classes to keep your gimped melee butt from going anywhere for awhile.

Seems there are a few solutions to this..

-Use the free movement stims (which work very well btw)
    -Get a ranged weapon (duh)
    -quit yer damn whining and go make a clas that can root, and enjoy disabling ppl in pvp

Nobody seems to notice here how rooting mobs in pvm just got alot HARDER ... whatever. I for one and happy with the new changes, and the ppl that are whining about it are the folks that cant root anyone themselves.. Its the same ppl that are ALLWAYS moaning about something or other.. whether it be trader issues... MA crits (before they got screwed over)..

Whatever- i dont care what you think, whiners. Shaddap and make some constructive criticism for a change.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

I thought pvp couldn't get any worse. I was wrong.

I would be sorta okayish with roots as they are now IF when I do manage to get in range I can waste any ranged user in seconds. Alas playing an ma that is not the case :-(

Uhu...right...Free Movement stims may work...eventually..but it takes a few and then the rooter will simply root us again. Yes general debuffs used to break roots, this still gave the rooter a slight edge, the current system for MA's and melee Adv is ridiculous. Roots I don't mind, being unable to land 1 hit due to being chain rooted is another story. Adv got root resist nanos but these are next to useless, at least Enf have Rage. I do agree that rooting classes need an edge as they can't go toe to toe and slug it out as a rule but the current set up is just plain daft. Of course if FC have decreed that MA's and melee Adv should avoid the rooting classes then fine but then give us some IPR points back so we can stand a fighting chance. And Besheba you talk pish by the way.

Madrugar

Originally posted by Hangtown
    YOU ALL know thats how FC intended them to be like! Why else would any class have 3 minute roots? Because FC wanted those classes to keep your gimped melee butt from going anywhere for awhile.
    No, because they were meant as a PvM tool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12