Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Just a heads up to omnis who attack Storm bases.

Only the server machines are scared.

When storm attacks the servers cry.

Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Jazger,
    First off I highly doubt you and 5 other people could do all that much damage before the hellfire rains down upon you.

And secondly even if you just wanted to mess about and irritate with your small band of loners if you attack a guilded players towers you become KOS and killable in any playfield.

So scope out a good hiding place. I imagine FC will increase the killable time substantially in their first patch of the booster.

So I suppose live it up in the short term and after that get yourself some marshmallows for the inevitable camping you will be doing either at your hideout or reclaim.

Whoa - holy jeeze.. lol

I cant help but laugh just a bit.. at both sides really.. I bet I'm going to get flamed to hell and back for this.. but hey, thats board posting for ya! So here I go..

First off - some basic facts....

1. Svea Rike has no quarrel with any guild.
    2. Svea Rike has no towers (because our PRE-ORDERS has not yet arrived, which is another gripe completely.. in Sweden we actually consider PREORDERING something that if its not working, the company responsible is probably in a third-world country like Tanzania and will go bankrupt any day... I'm not sure who to blame, FC or Digital River, but whoever is behind the delay - its a disgrace. Sorry to any Tanzanians out there...)
    3. Despite this, we are pretty sure that when we do get some towers up (at very unsuitable locations, because of the preorder goofup) we are going to get attacked. We wont like it of course, who would, but still - its something that we EXPECT. If you dont attack us because you have no quarrel with us, hey - thats cool too - hehe, we'll be all the merrier.. but if you DO its another story.

Having stated that, let me jot down some points here..

STATEMENT ONE :
    OF COURSE, if you INITIALIZE OR AID in an attack on our towers, no matter if you are attacking towers or guildsmembers - of course we are going to get the guild together, and as many other guilds as we can and do our best to level your base in return. Saying stuff like "We only attacked players and not towers" is just a very bad exscuse.

STATEMENT TWO:
    If you dont initialize an attack on our towers, we have no reason to attack yours - I frankly dont really care if GUILD-X has a level 200 base in LOCATION-Y, and the reason for it is that I've never been into this WAR-gig that FC now is trying to put on us (I was at the beginning, but then realized that the game didnt work like that - you can team with people from the other side for one thing, I mean heh, how much of a war is there really?).

STATEMENT THREE:
    No way in the pit of hades can I control all Svea Rike's members. And I'm betting that neither can Storm. I'll explain why. First off - I know that a lot of us has alliances and friends, some even RL-friends in other guilds, some even on the opposing side (Tjenis, Ipex! Hur är läget? =) hehe).. If individual members go out and help their friends out, then so be it. That will probably put Svea rike on some kind of hatelist for helping to defend a bunch of towers. Tough luck. Its not like we cant rebuild the towers, its just stuff happens, live with it.

Now.. I foresee a lot of things happening in the guildwars.. and I'll outline how these events will take place using organisations that exist now (mind you, the events I am drawing up here HAS NOT HAPPENED.. just so you know it, its an "example"..)...

1. Legion attacks a Storm base and manages to level it.
    2. Storm gets p-oed, and gets Apoc to help them level Legions base in return.
    3. Legion gets p-oed, and gets RHD, SR, IL and OI to help level BOTH Storms and Apoc's bases back.
    4. Of course, again, Storm and Apoc gets upset and gets more guilds to level SR, OI, RHD ... blablabla... I'm sure you get the picture by now...

See the tendencies? It WILL become an escalation. Its inevitable. You cant attack a base without expecting retaliation. This goes for both omnis and clans:

If you attack a base or the people defending it, prepare to get smacked up just as bad back.

Unprovoked attacks suck. They do - hehehe - I cant really see myself participating in anything like that.. I have enough to think about without having Notum Wars waged left and right.

I seriously ran out of juice after like page 2 reading the verbal attacks and abuse by clans and omnis on this post - I dont know the facts therefore I wont speculate in who drew first blood. But whoever did - Surely - SURELY you realized there would be repercussions, did you not?

If say, RHD was the first to attack Storms base, surely RHD realizes that peeing on Storms towers will shorten the lifespan of RHD towers to that of a snail trying to cross 3rd and main on Manhattan during rushhour.

If Storm initialized the attack on RHD, surely Storm realized that by doing this, they will have the whole alliance plotting a small visit to their own base (which as I understand things, hasnt happened yet.. I've had no internet for 2 days and was busy all sunday doing uniques and bosses)..

Ladies and gentlemen - its Notum WARS for a reason. I anticipated this coming.. its not called Notum FLUFF. I *do* think, which I have pointed out so many times its not even funny, that I think guild-advantages should have absolutely nothing to do with any towers to have the smaller guilds from still being able to have their own advantages. Buuut, then again, thats me thinking out loud.

All that being said, I'm sure you will flame this post as being the most retarded one ever to be posted. By all means - I know what I got myself into writing on the board - so be it =)

You all have a nice day out there, and I'll gladly accept any hugs you throw at me, Caleena =) (oh, and Wolfe too.. c'mere, you .. big . hunk you.. hmrhmrm.....)
    Last edited by Twicer; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 22:48:14.
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live
    Twicer (Meta) | Oggyman (Enforcer) | Shaur (Soldier)

Nerf Twicer!

Sound logic will not be tolerated

omg!

omg! no nerfing meeeh! =)
    plzplzplz!
    And make NT nukes self-only already! =)
    Last edited by Twicer; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 22:58:27.
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live
    Twicer (Meta) | Oggyman (Enforcer) | Shaur (Soldier)

Originally posted by Immense

Ya yall did take out ONE of our bases, and yes you all did a nice job (All 4 Omni guilds that it took).. And I dont wanna put a damper on your parade, but that was a level 150 tower, and as I recall, and YA I do have SS when STORM took out the FIRST TOWER in NW, it was a level 200 or 250... And as I was saying, not to rain on your parade =) But soak up the victory while ya can, because it will be short lived.. Now you are guarranteed 3 things in life Omni.. That you were born, you will die, and that STORM is gonna own anyone that messes with us, with 3 bases or with 0, we will win, and there is not a DAMN thing that you can do to stop us.. Like any war there will be defeats, and that is what will seperate the losers (Omni) from the winners (Clans), the fact that the CLANS will bounce back from any victory that Omni may have... Funny thing is Storm wont need to bouce back, losing that base was a minimal loss, and wont hurt the Guild in the slightest way.
    Use paragraphes please...

And the only major guilds that had memebers there was Ren & MoK, BoB too I think didnt actually look, So I have no idea what your smoking.

And btw, Clan out numbered omni forces in the attack, We attacked your towers when you guys didnt even see it.

Sorry Twicer, I don't think anyone here was listening. Too bad

Anyway, keep the thread going, this is hilarious stuff to read, and I'm so thankful I'm on the much saner looking RK2.

Originally posted by Caleena

Love and kisses,
    (cause Fingers doesn't approve of my hugs)

Caleena

P.S. those who know me, understand that i'm not a mommas boy.
    Hehe its war baby I aint up for hugs and kisses and backrubs you know. Want that I will ask the wife nicely .

When I want carnage, bloodlust -ground the clanners bones to dust and make them run with the first blind.....Now You can hug me all your like from your reclaim

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Aint no reclaim in AC2.

Thx.

Caleena
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

It's "stone of recall" or something isn't it ?

Originally posted by Xzantrial
    Lay off boco or ill eat you alive.
    huh? whatd i do!

-boco
    Audaz
    Level 220/AI18 Vampire(RK1)
    Boco
    Level 212/AI14 Techno-Wizard (RK1)
    Advisor of Synergy Factor
    Founder/Former DJ, GridStream Productions

<Chanell> every time i see "this account will remain active" in some engis sig i hear a "cha-ching cha-ching"

Beardedone1++;

Re: omg!

Originally posted by Twicer
    omg! no nerfing meeeh! =)
    plzplzplz!
    And make NT nukes self-only already! =)
    Omg! You can cast nukes on others!!

/flamenco

hoho

1) nerf twicer
    2) phingers i saw you yesterday with spyderv and you were wearing nelebs, wtf
    3) um.. i didnt think this far ahead

novalia, you suck, cant even pvp while ld- /org kick

oh, and nt nukes ARE self only, that how i lost most of my xp

-boco

yay im now lvl 180 :|
    Audaz
    Level 220/AI18 Vampire(RK1)
    Boco
    Level 212/AI14 Techno-Wizard (RK1)
    Advisor of Synergy Factor
    Founder/Former DJ, GridStream Productions

<Chanell> every time i see "this account will remain active" in some engis sig i hear a "cha-ching cha-ching"

Beardedone1++;

Naw, Its Cheeze with his QB and Divinecross with her nuke that got me. I also had Sheffy init debuff on me and Jannerik's Divest.
    Not only my armor was OE, I couldnt root, snare or evac. I dont even remember you touching me, Novalia. I remember being the one landing a root on you before we killed you in 5 seconds after I came back
    Last edited by Insida; Dec 4th, 2002 at 16:12:19.

Originally posted by Boco

2) phingers i saw you yesterday with spyderv and you were wearing nelebs, wtf
    Yeah me too, I ran up on the Redemption (I believe) base a tad too late, it had just feel and I was warping out right next to the Neleb wearing d00d.

/me wonders if Fingers is really Neleb.

/me thinks about it.

/me passes out.

WEll im not sure this has been said before becouse im sure as hell not gonna read throu all these pages of opinions.

Anyways, im a Storm member, Newly one at that. Applicant and all.
    so im not to familiar with storms ways of things, HOWEVER! i have been online for the better part of the time since NW was relaease, and i can honestly say this:
    Storm did not attack any bases! its not that we didnt want to, its the fact that Wolfe said NO in a pretty hard manner ( /org kick)

Then running around doing my stuff like allways, i suddenly see Your base has had its defence broken by blah blah..i go WOOT?
    Grid asap to EFP. lo and behold full war! Im not a great pvp player and hence i stayed well back and threw an occational potshot or drain. Anyways, when the fighting died out i got to see who the attackers were, Conting the following Guild Members:
    Hydra, RDH, Ren, MoK, Legion

I even know that REn asked forgivness when they saw that they had failed. anyways,...
    Those Being the persons they were and the guilds they were..
    OFC we retaliated, if you CAnnot keep tabs on your Guildmembers that attack us then i fail to see where that is our problem??

Its up to YOU to be sure they dont if you dont want to us come hauling Fire and Destruction ( nice language ehh )

After that i have been to almost every attack on us and our attacks, and i can say this...We didnt start this war, but you can be sure as flaminghell that we will finish it ( unless mr Wolfe sais i cant hehe )

Now to something else:
    Unified omni force will allways win over clan. OK im gonna adress this Neutraly. Its True and Its not. =) tricky aint it hehe

Well its like this i belive, Many Many Omnis are US peeps, hence the huge omni bases with alot of towers( us got NW before EU)
    THEREFORE! when a omni force gathers, its usually when most Europeans are sound asleep, and Hence they Are somewhat unstoppable. HOWEVER! During Daytime Europetime, A similar Clan force will own any Omni force, due to the numbers of high lvl Pvp players Available, Simple logic Simple Timezone jick jack

||| Storm (re)(A)pplicant |||
    Spluggy the Sensless Trader
    Last edited by Spluggorth; Dec 4th, 2002 at 17:42:27.
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Originally posted by Novalia
    Jazger,
    First off I highly doubt you and 5 other people could do all that much damage before the hellfire rains down upon you.

And secondly even if you just wanted to mess about and irritate with your small band of loners if you attack a guilded players towers you become KOS and killable in any playfield.

So scope out a good hiding place. I imagine FC will increase the killable time substantially in their first patch of the booster.

So I suppose live it up in the short term and after that get yourself some marshmallows for the inevitable camping you will be doing either at your hideout or reclaim.

1. DMG - actualy, blowing up one tower would do some minor dmg. it all adds up. money down the drain. And like i said - you respond to the attack and its just me. 10 mins later antoehr attack, repeat for a few hours/days. sooner or later defenders will slip up, missing the real attack. History is full of defenders who slipped, fell and joined the dust of time.

2. Been on a few people KOS list for a bit. And you know what? nothing.

Squat.

For some reason threating to kill someone who well, only dies for a few mins, then gets reborn/created, death holds no meaning.

And you miss the point.

You can not defend the bases. Oh you'll block some of the attacks, but others will get through. The whole reason for this lame 'Leave us alone' thread, is some vain hope that it will scare off a few attackers who might other wise have pounced.

thats it, its not going to let anyone become protected. After all that would sort of defeat the whole reason behind NW.

Look at the map, thier are only a few locations where you can place towers and controll the land.

Few places vs lots of folks wanting thier own turf = places changeing hands all the time.

Once the NW get into full swing, and FC actualy manages to get pleant of copies out, thier will be a goodly number of folks with this 'booster'

Each of them wanting to either start a guild and claim some land, or already in a guild and want to claim some land.

Few places to control vs lots of folks wanting it.

Its an end game foolish ones. Its the money sink folks have asked for.

You rich well to do folks are going to sink tons of cash into these towers. blowing great flipping wadges of creds. all to get cool towers that will give some nice extra.

Problem is, thier are more who want, then places to have.

ie = Them that are on top today, are tommarows bottom feeders.

you'll blow tons of money building these towers, waste tons of time defending these towers.

Then 20 mins after you log out, the towers will fall.

Plan to stay on line 24 hours a day? Got a system set up to keep 40 members of your guild ready and on call 24 7 to defend these places?

Hum?

i plan to blow up towers, i plan to attack clanner bases. Storm, some other guild. I don't care. If its a clanner base/tower set up, its fair game. I might just attack it once to get an idea of the response time. Sure i'll die. but so what?

And the so called 'KOS' list means nothing to me. Really it doesn't, because 97% of the time, i don't even go into pvp zones. And then only becuase a mission forces me to.

With NW out, when i go into a pvp zone, odds are it becuase i'm got somehting evil in mind, and clanners make a nice target. After all, i'm omni.

so you'd be justified in kosing me, becuase odds are if your a clanner, i'll likely be trying to kos you. so all fair in war, right?

anyway enough of this, have fun defending your bases, while they last. Enjoy running missions to pay for the cost of the destroyed towers. Enjoy it while you can, because soon the masses will have NW, and when they do, they will hunger for towers. And if all the spots are taken? well someone will have to be hum 'relocated' yea thats it, by force. They will get thier guild/friends and attack. And in time weather to that attack or some other, the towers will fal. count on it.

And to the chap about my spelling - Yea, its sucks eggs. god bless the american school system!

----- Oh and remember - Even a dragon will scream if you poke it in the eye.

Steppenrazor
    Last edited by Jazger; Dec 4th, 2002 at 18:23:26.

I forsee decoy towers, and decoy attacks. This will be interesting.

Uhmmm, Actually Clanners DID start it :P

IL base was the first casualty. Unless you count all the clanner bases that had spots that Storm wanted ...
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Originally posted by Emiko_MoK
    I forsee decoy towers, and decoy attacks. This will be interesting.

Yep. I see it, writen large across the sky. gives us mil-strat buffs something to think about. Heck my first thought apon hearing of NW, was

Hum, i wonder if this trick would work. Or what about this?

And after bounceing ideas and thought around my old grey matter, it became clear - Defending is pointless. it will prove to be next to impossable to adquatly defend any base or towers.

Thiers just so many hours in a day, so much time spread out around the world. so many folks playing in difrent time zones.

Euros play for the most part, while the US sleeps. and when the US plays, the euros sleep.

Thats only one part.

Then you got the basic human factor. Hit a base every 10-15 mins for a few days, and sooner or later the defender will slip up. and the base will fall.

Get 3 groups, each of about 10 folks. Send send one group to attack base A.

Defender come rushing to save thier base. Battle joined. 3 mins later after the battle is fully joined. Group B then attacks Base b.

Hum. What to do defenders? Split your forces? Send a group to base b to defend it? weaking the defense of base A?

Stay at base A, hopeing the towers will provid enough defensive power to hold the attacks back till base A is safe?

Lets say you deside to split your force, send folks to base B.

Then the 3rd group of attackers, can move in. And likely both bases can be removed.

Or lets say your smart, and only have one base. One group of towers. Not as much 'extra' stuff from haveing only one base. but much better to defend.

'Cept of corse, your still in danger with only one base. Group A starts the battle by attacking one of your outer towers. You respond and rush to defend.

Then group B, hits the other side of your base. Send defender to that side? stay? choices. Either way, Group C is kicking back chatting, waiting for a message from group A or B. telling them 'Our side is lightly defended, we can break through here'

then its over.

Building towers is nothing more then a money sink. Once Nw gets itno full swing, the ammount of money spent on towers will make the prices of GA 4 looks cheap.

and you'll still be lucky if you hold a base for more then a week or 2. Lots of hungry little sharks swiming around, just looking for an opening. and no matter how bad you think you are, opening will happen, bases will fall and land will change hands.

Better fire up clicksaver and start banking creds. Odds are, if you think you can actualy hold onto a piece of land for a while, you'll need a ton of them. or are you going to not replace the destoryed tower? its an option. But then, your base is a little closer to being destroyed.

If one tower on a base is destroyed, you've weaken the base. the defenders will have to replace it to bring it back up to full power. and that cost creds.

Its going to boil down to money and forthought. just like relife wars. and just like in real wars, no one ever really wins.

They just lose less.

Steppenrazor
    Last edited by Jazger; Dec 4th, 2002 at 22:59:07.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast