Thread: Two Bugs in Notum Wars

Two Bugs in Notum Wars

1) the little devices that take you from your controller to the grid do not seem to work at all

2) As far as I can tell, you only get the general advantages from contracxt while you are actually in the region you control.

I am pretty sure that #2 is a bug, since it would be a very silly design.
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

Re: Two Bugs in Notum Wars

Originally posted by Routeen
    1) the little devices that take you from your controller to the grid do not seem to work at all

2) As far as I can tell, you only get the general advantages from contracxt while you are actually in the region you control.

1. to get them to work you need to target the controller and right click the grid converters. Each ql converter has a level requirement. This is the level requirement of the tower not you. So for example if you have a ql200 tower you need to purchase the converters with the level requirement of "201 or less".

2. I know for a fact that general advantages work everywhere. If not for them I would not have had the skills to place some of our controllers.

The org leader is the only one who can implant the universal advantages. to do so type /org contract then drop the advantage you want into the popup box which comes up with that text.

Both work just fine as far as i know.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Re: Re: Two Bugs in Notum Wars

Originally posted by Intrepid
    2. I know for a fact that general advantages work everywhere. If not for them I would not have had the skills to place some of our controllers.

The org leader is the only one who can implant the universal advantages. to do so type /org contract then drop the advantage you want into the popup box which comes up with that text.

Both work just fine as far as i know.
    They are SUPPOSED to work everywhere. I fhte org leader constantly updates them, they will work in ANY zone, but as it works now the minute you zone they go black and stop working except in the zone you control.

It's a bug.

Well its WASN'T bugged that way for us last night. We did notice intermittently that the advantages did not work inside cities though. I am 100% sure it is not bugged in the way you say.

Last night setup controller for org needed the org bonus have org leader implant universal advantage espionage. Go out build controller. Org floods out to look at the new area including area. Decide that its not in the right spot. So i am sent back to athen buy another controller. Terminate old controller we are in open area. org leader has zoned so bonus should not work according to you. It obviously still did because i needed that extra 14 or so psychology to be able to build the controller again. Therefore your hypothesis about it being bugged that way are incorrect.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

We had 3 org advantages and the ql242 one was not working while the leader was in old athens while the other 2 ql130ish were both still working fine.

There may be a intermitent bug with universal advantages i agree with that. But its not bugged in the way you describe.

Bump for engie fix

Re: Re: Re: Two Bugs in Notum Wars

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

They are SUPPOSED to work everywhere. I fhte org leader constantly updates them, they will work in ANY zone, but as it works now the minute you zone they go black and stop working except in the zone you control.

It's a bug.

And extremely annoying. When I zone everyone looses them again and I have to start juggling for the org and me to receive them.

I have accidently duped like 90 org advantages already by accident as I take them out. Try to put them back in but then they already are in somehow, or were not properly removed. They do however work for a little while again tho. Also they seem to work again when I zone into one of my towers, but then its only for me and th epeople in the zone (?) not the whole org.

ITS A PAIN !

Basicly org bonuses as its now are bugged by turning off/on , not wanting to get in /out container and not being global at times;(
    Last edited by Georg; Nov 30th, 2002 at 23:38:11.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

I have 1 QL 50 Controller. This means i should be able to have upto (2) Advantage cards equaling QL 50 in total.In 2 hours they should take effect. For the past 12 hours I have had (1) QL 10 Advantage sitting in my contract. Something is very, very, wrong.
    Jenslove-165
    Born-July 3rd, 2001

Finally got me a naner suit...

Account Created - 2001-06-28 03:53:22

Jenslove is not, has never been, and will never be Ebayed. So stop harrassing me.

The org advantage bug for us seems to be:

The advantages only work in zones where you hold towers. They do not work within any of the buildings within the zone.

I thought that the org advatages should work everywhere, if this is wrong, I would appreciate being corrected.

The personal grid controllers ARE sometimes bugged. I initially had some good ones, then we built higher QL towers and I got the appropriate one from the tower shop, and it didnt work.
    XOOX level 200 Redemption Squad Commander

PGC

I've had mixed results with my PGC. Sometimes it never works and then occasionally it would work. No idea why it behaves that way. Sometimes I would see the progress bar go across the screen and the nothing would happen. The last time I tried to use it I got a message back stating something like "You're not part of the organization for this controller." A few hours earlier it worked fine. Gave up and grided back.

Re: Two Bugs in Notum Wars

Originally posted by Routeen

1) PSG - try targeting the controller tower, right clicking on the PSG and the targeting yourself before the progess bar completes;

2) Universal Advantages - swear to the almighty they are bugged
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Universal advantages still are bugged for us - I'll look again after the patch today...
    Tashia Munchausen Age, RK-2 Clan Engie, El Presidente of EcoDisaster.
    Munchausen's EE Layout
    Sill the best starter guide for making towers

“Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us…we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”. Krisitan Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989.

Still bugged - a very annoying bug I might add - not getting any advantages for the guild towers is a major
    Tashia Munchausen Age, RK-2 Clan Engie, El Presidente of EcoDisaster.
    Munchausen's EE Layout
    Sill the best starter guide for making towers

“Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us…we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”. Krisitan Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989.