Thread: Fix the horrible Lag

Fix the horrible Lag

Fix the horrible Lag. Was NW tested? Wasn't this expansion supposed to be about taking lands, fighting, wars, etc... and the game can't support it. Didn't you (Funcom) expect to have many people in the same areas batteling it out? Everyone is complaining about the horrid lag in these battles. Can't cast nano formulas... and get attack messages when it's already to late. I was miles from anyone when I died and was still getting hit. I have a good gaming rig on cable modem...

Forget the expansions... FIX THE LAG. This game would be much more enjoyable.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

Yes it was tested. Yes the lag was known about. Was anything done about it NO.
    Probably because as Gaute said in an interview somewhere ( I forget where or it was on the Beta test forums which are gone now) it is not their fault we lag. Thats right it is our PC's not being good enough. Which is why Crowd Control was invented. Does it help? Not at all.
    Remember none of this is Funcoms fault it is all down to the players having bad PC's. (This is Funcoms line not mine personally I think it IS Funcoms fault and they just refuse to admit it)
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

Angry horrible

I have finally gotten to the point where Anarchy Online works well on my computer. I figured "Funcom wouldn't dare stick me with another horrible laggy product." And once again it happens. The lag is so bad on my computer now i can no longer target and attack enemies. They just tear me to pieces while i watch in horror. This is riuning the game for me, since i cannot play.
    Who am I?..I am a servant of the shadow organization!

*begins to melt into the shadows*

May as well let u know that its pointless to carry on with this thread. Ive tried for as long as i have played this game to get an answer about the lag but it was always avoided......even at gautes little on-line press conference when he announced the booster.Ive gotten nothing from FC,not even a friggin tidbit about their lag,but the best info ive gotten about it was from Fotik(the best damned PvP engi that ever was)before he was banned............
    Basically fotik xplained to me that the lag COULD NOT BE FIXXED.The problem was with the core of FC's code and was something that couldnt be patched effectively.Basically the only way to fix the lag is to rewrite the entire game the way they should have from the start....and that at this point,well,its impossible.FC cant even create patches.Hell,even after having the nerve to charge us for their latest patch,they dont even have the manpower to get tha damn thing on storeshelves.(Available in USA,my @$$,cant even get it in New Jersey,the most densely populated state in US)No way they're gonna rewrite their game.

FC knows that theres no fix for the lag.Thats the reason they avoid absolutely every question about it,and even have the nerve to plan mass PvP events like the booster,around it.Damn shame cause then booster has real potential for awesome PvP too....Good ol' Fotik

P.S. the statement about the lag being the fault of our PC's is absolute and total BS......some people have some nasty setups like tortureyou with his uber comp and 6meg bandwith.......dont help crap with AO....its ALL FC.
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

playfield errors, zones down. sever crashes. dropping ever 5 min. drop 10 times in one fight, this is rediculas plz fix. and even the ppl that rnt trying to play NW stuff and just lvl in BS of whatever getting trashed by lag. this is awwful. really needs a fix.

/setak.

^Bump^
    [ Russel "Sentak" Neblett | 200 Clan Doctor and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Schifter" Schwag | 50 Clan Agent and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Jostle" | 1 Clan Shade and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ QL 200 Implant Service!.. "You design 'em,... I do the rest!" ]

Like I said it was something Gaute said not me about it being our fault.
    Nothing is ever Funcoms fault it is always someone elses
    Have a nice day
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

AMD 1.3 Ghz
    geforce 2
    512 mb memory
    Cable connection

set all visuals to absolute minimum after experiencing lag this afternoon.

before nw: lag issues rarely. Some in BS that's it

today:
    - stuck in omni ent, after a few minutes finally able to grid out (whompa was hopeless)
    - stuck in dav with noone around. ie occasionally my yalm would nudge forward 2 meters then get stuck again for 20 secs
    (reboot cpu)
    - stuck in dav again when I kept on fighting some mob that had died 5 minutes before (escape didn't stop attacking)
    (ctrl-alt-del)
    - stuck in dav again at least this time there were 'a lot' of pple around
    (relogged, terminated and back to ent)

'a lot'= 30 or so

this afternoon fight fight somewhere in dav (don't remùember where):
    the good thing I could move, eeuh make that somewhat move
    bad:
    * sit down wo running a mile away from the towers: not possible
    * attacking someone: well eventually yes, ofcourse w about 1 min between me pressing q and actually attcking that person
    result by the time my attack bar finally started that person was waaaaay out of sight and I get out of range message.

At least some pple seem to have less lag issues. Hrm well maybe it's my fault though official rqs for ao are what like a P-300? Maybe change that to a P4 2.6ghz and a T1 connection or admit it's yr fault fc and do something about it