Thread: Notum Wars is thoroughly broken

Notum Wars is thoroughly broken

I've had the (dis)pleasure of participating in 3 tower battles now, and in each case the result has been completely unsatisfying. A quick list of things that make land battles completely NOT fun:

1) Border camping (not that this was EVER mentioned in beta).
    2) Unplayable lag.
    3) Bonuses that don't work. Why defend a base when the only loss at stake is the 2-3 million creds spent to put it up?

Funcom, everyone knows that you need NW to succeed if you are to continue as a going concern. Right now, however, it just doesn't work. And no, this is not a whine; I'm not saying it is unbalanced or not fair or whatever; I am saying that it just *doesn't work*.

I want NW to do well. I want Funcom to do well. However, neither of these is going to happen unless you guys act pretty fast, because at this rate it won't even matter if you fix the distribution problems with the booster, as no one will even want to play it.
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Notum Wars - Fight The Lag

should almost be the subtitle. Impossible to attack orgs that can get more than 20 people there. All they need to do is grid their members to their towers and its impossible to fight.

Just spend 3minuttes sitting down because I couldn't stand up again. 200k ping, AoE-rooted and AoE-blinded for 15 mins and when I tried attacking something nothing happened. Oh well, great fun. ^^ (not)
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Yup that was my experience of beta. Permanently rooted and blinded. Fun Fun Fun. Oh and most of my time was spent at reclaim or traveling back to the fight

AO can't handle large fights. We know this, Funcom knows this. Funcoms says the lag is our fault cause our PC's suck heh.

Even if the grapics could be turned so far down as to be wireframe it would lag like mad. Every option turned right down tha game still lags in crowds with no change between min settings and max so it must be their servers.

Game lags= players fault.
    NW goes live 2 days after shipping to distributers so most people can't buy it = distributers fault.

Remember nothing is ever Funcoms fault.
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

that's because everywhere you go, you are being told of every item that everyone is wearing/holding in inventory. This is so that if you want to trade with them or shoot them, then the client knows what to do.

If the burden system was completed, then people wouldn't be able to carry around 40 backpacks of items, and lag would hopefully be reduced (under normal settings), but in a huge pvp battle, i'm not so sure.

Yes the server issues should have been considered before FC wrote 1 line of code for Notum Wars. From what I see for 20 bucks you get to do something different. Paint your yalm and build some towers. The main part of Notum Wars, the pvp aspect is unenjoyable due to gross lag. I highly doubt anything will be done about the lag though. Look to Camelot for an example. Has FC done anything to improve lag conditions there? It's almost like in their minds the lag is not a game destroying feture or problem. I'm confused.