Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: you dont need to buy the CD of NW

Edit your personal account

If you log into your account there is a section to type in the Notum Wars key.

Ok i got NW today and When I put it in. It only gives me the play option. That tells me that everything in NW was downloaded in the patch. And i would have rather spent 20 dollers and just got a key e-mailed to me.. but oh well

You have to actually open the CD to do the install,it wont let you do it from the launcher.It fooled me too at first.Although there doesnt seem to be anything other than the voice commands that come from the actual install.

ADDED when installing Notum wars

Anarchy-Online\cd_image\sound\music\env\Land control

Anarchy-Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\player

Thats about all I could find. For some reason though after I installed Notum wars the game did not run the same. I get wacky stuff poppin up all over in my wear pages. Also the running is no long smooth it's hard to explain it is like lag or something.

plus

You also get another Anarchy-online CD key. Wonder what could be done with that? Seems like theres a way to get a free month here! Oh no whoops I meant there is probably a way to get 2 months free. Probably get in trouble if I say more.

Talking hehe

Originally posted by Soulmartyr
    Hmmm, rephrasing...it sounds good.

Let me ask you something:

Is there an easier way of saying 1+1=2?

Soulmartyr

if you ask a mathematician you will find that the possibilities of defining the number 2 are endless.

and if you ask a bio genetic engineer or a psychologist they will tell you what you consider easy is a product of nature and nurture and might differ significantly based upon age, intelligence and education of the person you are trying to get your point across to - which is kinda what people were telling you.

as long as a key is sold to somebody and a different "one"body applies said key to his/her account its an all win deal and nobody will care how he got the key.

it will be a different case if the same key pops up again but hey i doubt anybody would risk that.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Re: plus

Originally posted by IMAD!man
    You also get another Anarchy-online CD key. Wonder what could be done with that? Seems like theres a way to get a free month here! Oh no whoops I meant there is probably a way to get 2 months free. Probably get in trouble if I say more.
    Can only be used on new accounts - we've already been here when the special edition came out (which also had a game key)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

This pisses me off

if FC really havent shipped more than a few wav's in the NW CD
    im furiously pissed off.
    for how long havent we been told that features as large as intenden for NW, was way too large for patches and now they are charging us 20$ for it.
    LMAO FC didnt u think any1 would notice?

Hey stoopid

Ok moron, listen up. If Funcom has a company that resides within the U.S., and since the American Funcom Company does operate in the U.S., U.S. Federal Law does apply.

How about instead of guessing what the law is, go check it first. Per the Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 1997, the use of a product in such a way not authorized by the Manufacturer (maybe you should read the EULA instead of just clicking "I Accept"), is an act of Piracy. Throw out your opinion of what Piracy is and learn what Piracy is in the eyes of the law.

So long as Funcom has a company in the U.S., U.S. Federal Law applies.

'Nuf Said, Uber-Idiot!

Soulmartyr
    "All services hereunder are offered by Funcom GmbH, a corporation organized under the laws of Switzerland, with its mailing address at Duforstrasse 131, CH-8008 Zurich, Switzerland. "

Read the EULA next time you wanna talk about it...and people wonder why everybody think Bush Jr is a moron
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Cz
    Just to try end the discussion; we will not take any actions against people having somebody else buy the game and forward the CD key to you.

As long as nobody tries using the same CD key twice, and the CD key is actually paid for, we're ok with it. People want to play. Let them play.

Whether it's legal or not, is not my business to comment on, but with this statement I think that discussion is rather obsolete.
    Hehe bet you want people to play it =D
    Infamine 200 soljah

Hmmm, rephrasing...it sounds good.

Let me ask you something:

Is there an easier way of saying 1+1=2?

Soulmartyr
    Lemme rephrase
    1=1 but 1=dl(1) also, then dl(1) can be whatever you want

go make maths
    Infamine 200 soljah

Technically, 1+1=2 isn't a problem. Just a statement. Statements don't have a difficulty value, only truth value.

Now, the process of calculating 1+1 is pretty easy, but not technically any easier than 2^2.

Finally; the EULA you signed? If the buyer never opens the software, but simply transfers ownership of the entire package to you by mailing you the CD and e-mailing the key, then it'd be very hard to argue in any US court that the buyer violated any laws.

Now we move to the DMCA theory on the use of key w/o CD; the DMCA states nothing of the sort. It refers specifically to circumvention of TECHNICAL measures (lack of shipping is not a technical measure) intentionally taken (except if you're a conspiracy theorist, FC didn't *intentionally* not ship to Europe) to restrict acts not authorized by the owner of the copyright.

Cz just said we're allowed to do this.

So, uh... WHERE IS IT EVEN REMOTELY BREAKING THE DMCA?

Get an education, then get some sense.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

people people people....

SHUT UP! buy the game use the key whatever ....play the GAME

Have a nice day!
    Phoenix1 - RIP
    Volske
    -------------------------------------------
    " No man accepts leadership with out the challenge of combat."

Originally posted by Tink
    A few people have commented on the ELUA and hold it up as some sort of legally binding document.

This is not the case. For the ELUA to be binding, you would have to be able to read it, and then sign it, when you purchased the product.
    Not strictly speaking true, you either have to be able to read and agree to it at time of purcase, OR to have the means to return the producting for a complete refund once you are able to read it. I leave it up to you if either of these siturations holds true for the AO EULA.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123