Thread: Any official response from Digital River?

Any official response from Digital River?

Is there an official reponse from DR as to why they have not shipped out the game?

Surely they, as FC's retailer, should have the game ready to ship if EB (in the US) has managed it.

If FC are pushing the blame onto DR (and other distributors), then I think they should have their say!

Because they havent got it yet L1v.

I rang them Friday lunchtime and was told their warehouse wasnt expecting to have it in until the 6th. So people who ordered through them wont get it until sometime the following week.

That alone should have been enough to postpone the launch date

The question is: If it shipped from Ireland on or around the 27th, where the hell is it spending the next 7 days?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Not reallly official, but we tried calling them today to ask what happened to our overnight delivery... "Office hours are Monday to Friday".

Ylara.

Not reallly official, but we tried calling them today to ask what happened to our overnight delivery... "Office hours are Monday to Friday".

Ylara.

Phoned friday. They expect to get it on the 6th of december. Which doesnt mean they have it on the 6th. Lets hope they will send it before christmas.
    Hehehe, could ask my wife to buy another christmas present because there is a change that i wont get one now NW is delayed

So let me get this straight.

1. FC says that they have sent the game to their distributers.

2. DR (FC's official distributer) has yet to get it.

3. FC didn't check that their official distributer had the game before they accepted the release date.

The only way that statements 1 and 2 could be true would be if the game was taking a long time to package and disribute to suppliers.

So my hypothesis is the factory creating the boxes/discs is in greenland or somewhere, and the shipping time between factory and supplier takes >5 days

(when FC says they have sent it, does that mean they have FTP'ed it to the CD burning/packageing facility? or sent the boxed games to the suppliers?)

(oh and does each european country have different packaging? languages and all?)