Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The land control map.

The land control map.

Ok i still don´t have my copy of the booster but i have been looking at the land control map in login.
    What i would like to see is what org. controls what area.

If you move the pointer over a Clan icon you should see : Forsaken has control over this area or something like that.

I'll forward the suggestion to our coders and web people.

Originally posted by Cz
    I'll forward the suggestion to our coders and web people.
    Actually .. it's rather fun tracking down where someone has a base when they attack yours.

This might be too easy.

Originally posted by Sent

Actually .. it's rather fun tracking down where someone has a base when they attack yours.

This might be too easy.
    Still, when all the base areas are filled up, are you going to want to fly through 10 different zones checking 7 bases in each zone to find the guild who just attacked you?

Something I think would be good is to perhaps have a second map button, which shows the land control area while in-game. That way you wouldn't have to log out or alt tab every time you wanted to check controller spots
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Hmmm.

It would also be nice to have a way of knowing who is at war who. It's easy to lose track of and, as far as I can tell, you have no way of knowing when you log on that you are at war with Guild Blah.

Make it less fun also give information when each base will go 25%
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Put up a big ingame map in ICC or something =)

if you do /org info on ppl, you also get information about their org controllers.

Re: The land control map.

Originally posted by Junglejim

If you move the pointer over a Clan icon you should see : Forsaken has control over this area or something like that.
    I was thinking the exact same thing the other day Great idea.

In addition it would be nice if it would display the ql range for towers in that area as well
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Do reconnaissance. Research your objectives.

Can we please not have carebear war?
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I like having to scout for enemy bases. /org info tells you approximately where their bases are anyway. It only takes a mere 10-20 minutes to fly to all of them and check the status/QL of each.

Please don't add this feature.

I agree with Sheffy and Asmo, I don't like to have every bit of info in front of me. Makes it more realistic when you have to actually search out your opponent.

Though I think just having the map would be fine.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

I had kind of the same idea...

Cross posted from suggestions...

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=76203

Extend ingame map w/NW

With the new dimention that NW adds to AO (something that is looooong over due). Its important too be able too see who controls what, when it can be attacked, lvl of towers and location.
    /sarcasm on... Dont get me wrong the pretty colour coordinated triangles on the NW site are informitive, not to mention pretty...oh already did.... BUT /sarcasm off
    Now im not asking for an ingame map that automatically lists who controlls what, when it can be attacked and where it is. What I am suggesting is an in game system (an upgrade too the NW booster) that allows players too scout/recon and mark sites, maybe even enter some notes on the ingame map. Sort of the same as creating a character reference.
    NW is a great new feature of AO (one that I expected last year but....) and the players and orgs. of Rubi-ka should be given the tools too fully particepate in the in the developing war you have designed.
    This would encourage strategic combat, and help to elimenate random tower hunting. Which I think may become a problem....

Pardon the spelling,

Just another random thought brought to you by;
    Last edited by Camisado; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 06:51:45.

Thumbs down

Not needed - takes the fun out of hunting down the enemy and also reveals your own position too easily to potential attackers.

Originally posted by aaronb
    Do reconnaissance. Research your objectives.

Can we please not have carebear war?
    I agree, besides if you target someone that is attacking you it tells you where their towers are at, you just have to know RK which is part of the game, every piece of information shouldnt be handed to you on a silver platter, part of the game is exploring.

I would like to see a percentage or history of change with what towers where 'removed' in the last 24 hours.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Re: The land control map.

Originally posted by Junglejim
    Ok i still don´t have my copy of the booster but i have been looking at the land control map in login.
    What i would like to see is what org. controls what area.

Bad idea i think totaly would take the fun out of flying around finding those bases you really wanna take revenge on.
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

Leave in the scouting. And we should be able to buy anti-aircraft towers in shops.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I hope they are logging all these.

I would LOVE to see a time lapse view of the territory battles..
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Cool My 2 cents

Originally posted by Tal

Something I think would be good is to perhaps have a second map button, which shows the land control area while in-game. That way you wouldn't have to log out or alt tab every time you wanted to check controller spots
    I agree with this idea instead of clicking control areas & seeing who controls them. Makes it much too easy for guilds to plan attacks against others. Imagine large guild clicks on & finds small guild that has an area. Mass guilds with fall apart if thier into NW because the large ones see them too easy & wipe them out.

I say, do the research & explore if u plan an attack or are looking for a spot. It should be hard, since with the guilds here, there really isnt a lot of space for area control.

As for how to do it, what about an overlay button on the existing map, instead of a 2nd map. ex: Open map, see "land control" button on some corner of map, click and see current status, click again to go back to normal, it can be done, the map does track u when u're moving anyway.

Just a page that update with all that is posted in All Towers chat is enought, will show all bases that are under attack and from who.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast