Thread: Bah! Not impressed

Thumbs down Bah! Not impressed

Ok, so yesterday we tried to purchase a copy of NW in the shops. The ones we tried didn't even have a release date. So much for that than.

Back home to try and order for "OVER! NIGHT! DELIVERY!!". Still not arrived... so much for the extra 10+ euros for that particular service.

Then there was the joy of watching all the US players place their towers. As far as I can see, less than a quarter of the tower spots remain on RK1, so best of luck to all the European guilds that wanted to place a tower.

There was also the fun of watching everyone who had managed to get a copy of the booster pack figure out how to chat on the Org. Towers channel and then spamming it for 15 minutes. This lasted until a GM spammed "you will be banned" another 10 minutes. Then blessed silence except for the odd fool who wanted banning.

I really do find it kinda funny that registration date was postponed to honour an American tradition... why bother? It's not like the Europeans are in the running here at all.

/me throws hands up in disgust.

Ylara.

only 1 person in my guild has it and he drove 57 miles to get it. so no, not 'all the US' players have it as a matter of fact he's the only person i know period that has it

that's one more person than all of Europe.

Ylara.

he's the only person i know period that has it
    Then he build a whole lot of towers!

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    Proud member of the Ancarim Iron Legion.

Don’t mettle in the affairs of Cats. You are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Melee advy!

Originally posted by Oopsicrat
    only 1 person in my guild has it and he drove 57 miles to get it. so no, not 'all the US' players have it as a matter of fact he's the only person i know period that has it
    LMAO that guy needs theropy

Originally posted by Unit99

LMAO that guy needs theropy
    57 miles isn't far. Hell, my round trip commute to work is almost twice that.

Uh driving to work is just a weee bit different then driving that far for a game

Most of my guild is from the US, and none of us have the booster, either.

And by the way- if you go onto a site and order something at 1PM for overnight delivery, you're going to get it 2 days later at the earliest.

It's overnight DELIVERY, not overnight order processing + packaging + delivery. I know it stinks, but it's always that way. At least it's always been that way for me.
    Last edited by Blue Cat; Nov 30th, 2002 at 17:35:41.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Be that as it may... these guys don't even have it in stock and they are still offering the product as overnight delivery + taking a hefty extra charge for their "service".

Ylara.

Question Beta testers perhaps..

Perhaps most of the PPLs that have the NW now is former NW-beta testers?! ..both US/EU/ASIA/..whatever ..?
    And some lucky(!) suckers who got it from Funcom in oslo or somthing like that ... but couldent it be mostly beta testers that have the power now ... Beta testers from alover the globe?
    Synaptikk, Adventurer, Omni, RK-1
    Zhaga, Engineer, Omni, RK-1
    Foulplay, Agent, Omni, RK-1

KEEPER OF "ADVBOT" @ RK-1, JOIN!! (read about it)

"Moment of terror is the beginning of life" - Front242

Thumbs up

got my copy from a shop in my town (munich) in germany

yes granina at pcfun
    but it isnt official
    the official german version (whatever this mean) release is 6th of december
    my guild is from norwaythere it is at shop on 3th dec.
    well they just should have the register date a bit later so all get a chance