Thread: MOBS have UNFAIR HITPOINT REGEN!

MOBS have UNFAIR HITPOINT REGEN!

I've posted below in the mechanics board.. but then.. I thought it should be a BUG instead:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=&threadid=758

Funcom, are your MOBS on STERIODS ?

I've just noticed that they REGENERATE hitpoints at an IMPOSSIBLE RATE.

I can SEE their hitpoint bar moving back even when I was fighting.

It is almost as if they have a HOT on them ALL THE TIME!

I cannot even see my hitpoint bar move back that fast with a HOT on me!

This gets worse with those mobs that have lots of hitpoints (eg. Enforcers).

With this kind of regen speed, they don't need to cast heals anymore.

And.... previously, when I have a tough fight at the entrance, when things were pretty even and both and the mob were almost dead, I ran away .. ie. zone out.

Healed up with heals + treatment kits + 1st aid, etc. And when I zone back... *&(!@#^ the mobs have fully recovered as well!

What is the meaning of this ? Those mobs are NOT healing mobs.. how can they recover so fast ?

It is VERY UNFAIR. I don't mind if they are healing mobs.. but they aren't!

Sigh... it's almost impossible for me to kill anothing that cons higher level than me now. No matter how many times I zone out to recover

ditto

Yeah, I've noticed that too, and I find it very irritating. I run out, the mob is at 15% or so. I heal twice and get back up to 50% health. Then when I go back in, the mob is back up to 50% too!

I noticed the same thing. Before some mobs (in missions) would heal if you leave and occassionally they would heal themselves in battle. All nice and fair.

But recently I have finding mobs that regenerate AND heal at a crazy rates. It takes forever to finish one off. I don't mind a challange, but if I want a real challange I will find a Bloodcreeper or Hammer. I am only lvl31... cannot hit the big boys yet.

Question Nun ja

I want to pose a 'simple' question:

You are living in your house/doing your job in a building. Somebody invades it (maybe a thief, maybe a murder). You defend yourself and the intruder is obviously on the loosing side - he/she flees. Why wouldn't you take a step out of the door and finish him/her off while he/she sits quite in front of the door trying to bandage him/herself.
    And why on Rubi-Ka shouldn't you be able to use the same healing mechanisms in the same ammount of time than the intruder?

Got the point?

You can 'zone' to save your butt, which is a design flaw by itself (but technically unavoidable). So, I guess, this is the answer by Funcom (who, interestingly, are responsible for the design flaw ...). And btw., I always used this technique to survive the first room.

As it seems, the game gets more and more combat oriented.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

The issue is not as to whether or not they are allowed to heal themselves, but the fact that they regen faster than we can heal ourselves. It's absolutely ridiculous to have a green mob regenerating faster than you can damage it... I had one that I would crit for about 300, and then go to 16 damage for 20 shots or so.. by the time I got another crit, it was almost at full health again! No heals cast, no FA kit flashes, nothing. I wish *I* could regenerate that fast.

Theanna

Re: Nun ja

Originally posted by Maximilian
    I want to pose a 'simple' question:

You are living in your house/doing your job in a building. Somebody invades it (maybe a thief, maybe a murder). You defend yourself and the intruder is obviously on the loosing side - he/she flees. Why wouldn't you take a step out of the door and finish him/her off while he/she sits quite in front of the door trying to bandage him/herself.
    And why on Rubi-Ka shouldn't you be able to use the same healing mechanisms in the same ammount of time than the intruder?

Got the point?

You can 'zone' to save your butt, which is a design flaw by itself (but technically unavoidable). So, I guess, this is the answer by Funcom (who, interestingly, are responsible for the design flaw ...). And btw., I always used this technique to survive the first room.

As it seems, the game gets more and more combat oriented.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    As design flaw? Well.. like u said. The 1st gang bang room is a design flaw too.

How are we to survive the fight alone.... when we can't even hope to be able to zone out.. recover and come back to complete the fight ?

Team up and do the missions ? Aren't we supposed to be able to solo in this game ?

It is now no joke even when fighting GREEN mobs.

U go try it .. face 3 of them at a go.

They REGEN hitpoints even DURING THE FIGHT at a crazy rate.

They REGEN hitpoints even faster after we zone out to heal up.

I can understand if non-healing clases (who had to use only treament packs) comes back to find them fully healed.

But I'm an ADV. I use my healing NF + Treatment kits to recharge my hitpoints. And that is a VERY short time. And I have A LOT LESS hitpoints than those mobs.

But by the time I zone back.. those mobs have fully recovered as well.

Simply said.. FUNCOM CHEATS. I don't care about the stupid excuse of mobs being stupid in AI.

There is no intelligence involved in the gang bang room of almost every mission. It's a do or die fight.

It is now almost impossible to win those fights unless u have some UBER alpha strike capability.

It gets worse if the mobs is the Anun or Life Bleeder types... try taking on 2 Greens.. I hope u can survive.

Or if the mobs are heavily armored NPC soldier types.

It seems,

that we are in the middle of a balancing process (done on the live servers and not on test!).

-> Theanna: I agree, that the regenaration rate is to high.

I made some strange observations this weekend (Max, lvl45 neutral Adventurer, dual pistol wielder): Although I had the impression that my damage output 'seemed' to be reduced, the fights were shorter.
    My suggestion: They reduced the hit points of the MOBs and added a higher regeneration rate. Another possibility: they reduced the (radiation) AC of most of the NPCs.
    To compensate for my low damage output, I overequipped as far as I could (first time of my character's life). I had a ql67 Khemo Tech in my Bank account (bought for later), but after calculating the numbers it seemed possible to wield it. I buffed all that I could (including base characteristics) and finally was able to put it on. So now I have a pistol that is 22 levels beyond my own in my leading hand and a ql51 Desert Reet as offhand gun. Equipped in such a way, I was starting to deal nice damage (for this type of damage dealer). Quite often I do 100+ damage with the Khemo Tech. Right now I could handle (light) oranges with acceptable risk (detected by accident - I was attacked by one without the chance to run ...). All together I had the impression, that my combat performance was boosted. BUT, majorly due to overequipping (although legally).
    Sneaking missions is (almost) impossible right now, which I find rather pity (maybe enough reason to quit).

So, let's hope, the balancing is proceeding fast. Open for discussion.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

I forgot to mention... I was level 76 ADV, wielding a QL99 DReet on one hand, and a QL80+ ETE on the other.

Where I could hope for Crits and win close fight... (I've equiped LLTS), now they've nerfed that as well.... so ... no more relying on crits. (I could get one crit per fight prior to nerf... now... hardly any).

Why Funcom... why do u have to nerf here, nerf there.... are we players doing TOO WELL ?

FYI, My pistol wielding ADV could only do < 50% missions solo....

Now those < 50% missions give me GREY mobs all the time.

50% missions occasionally gives me ORANGE mobs who blocks my way --> Delete Mission.

Or gives me a gang bang room with a few yellow mobs --> Delete mission.

Sigh...

Yeah, I forgot that

Ashuras, I am on your side (I 'try' to play the game).

Due to my rather low level I am not affected by some of the problems (not yet), although I fear the time beyond lvl 50.
    Right now it is mostly like this:
    MOBs dealing minimum damage of 40+ - I wish I would do an average of that. My offhand Desert Reet starts dropping in efficiency (damage range 6-20 most often). Finding these guns in the few neutral shops is hilarious. And so on.
    But I could kill oranges this weekend for ~2k xp per kill - great imbalance!

Btw. I forgot the fact of the broader level range of MOBs in missions - have to put this in my bug thread.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious