Thread: Guild Advantages Question...

Guild Advantages Question...

Okay, here's a question. It may have been answered in past posts, but I have neither the time nor patience to go digging through three months of posts.

Does everyone in the particular guild get the skill bonuses? Or is it only if you have NW? Also, do the skills apply anywhere? Or do you have to be in the buff radius of the towers?

Thanks.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Some bonuses are personal, ie only for the one who built the tower.

Others are vicinity, friendly or hostile.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Yah, there are large main towers, such as turrets that give buffs to all friendlies in the area, and debuffs to all attackers. Those are only for the people in the vicinity.

Besides that, every person who owns NW can put down their own towers in their guild's base. The towers will debuff hostiles in the area, and give buffs to the owner no matter where the owner is.

It's a bit more of an individual thing than I expected...
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Just to clarify things...

There are 2 ways that you can get skill bonuses off of your controlled land.

First there are the controllers. Your guild can only place one of these on any plot of land. They determine who owns what and must be destoyed in order for anyone else to take over. The guild is allowed 5 of these towers (ie 5 regions) at different ql's. FOr example, a guild could own a ql10, 75, 100, 150, and 200 tower.

The bonuses that you get from this type of tower are the org advantages. The total ql of all the towers you own (565 in the above example) allows you that many ql in advantages. These can be bought in the tower shop and installed by the leader of the org. THe other restriction is that you can have 2 advanatages per tower that you own. So, you could have 9 ql50 advantages and 1 ql115 advantage in the above example.

These bonuses are generally small, maybe 20pts to a pair of skills for a ql200 when the individual is level 200.

The other way to get skill bonuses is off the personal towers that you build to protect the controllers. The number of towers you can build is determined by your level: 1 at 15, 2 at 75, 3 at 150, and 4 at 200. The ql of the tower that you can build is determined by skills like comp lit, psychology, and nano programing as well as title level.

The bonuses that you get vary by tower. A ql200 fire turret, for example, gives +30 to MA, brawl, dimach, and riposte. Other towers buff ac's, pairs of nanoskills (PM/SI for ex.), life, nano, etc.

Both the org advantages and the personal tower advantages work everywhere, not just in the vicinity of the towers. Some personal towers also have negative effects on the enemy in the vicinity or positve vicinity effects for the defenders.

Hope that helps

Damn nice post Thelcia

Thanks
    Our problems start when we don't die young

Ront - RK2 Enforcer wielding EoT

Taus Fixer on RK2 - 12.7 Fixer (on perma - vacation)

Thanks Thelcia. Perhaps you can answer a question I have.

We have one Control Tower set up. A level 39 tower in a lvl 25-40 area. I bought one guild benifit which I think is called Heart Pump. It is level 30. I put it into the first slot in the guild contract box (/org contract). But it is shaded and has remained shaded. Also, I haven't seen any change to the stamina and body dev. stats it is supposed to increase.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Also, what is a Universally Registed Guild? Is it a guild with a tower set up or, is there more to it. If so, that may be my problem: How does one Universally Register a Guild?

Thanks

It seems that the org advantages only work within the zone that you have the tower in atm. I really do not think this is intended, but we will have to wait for official confirmation.

The advantages kick in 2 hours RL time after you place them, but your problem is more likely the zone thing. Our advantages are shaded and stay shaded as well.

My guild is not registered either, but that is allowed as a clan guild -- to be independent. I don't know if omni have a different set-up.

Edit: You can find out about registering your affiliation under the organization forums, Cz has a few stickies about it.
    Last edited by Thelcia; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 02:29:25.

Thanks Thelcia.

Yes, I just logged in outside my area and the benifit was shaded. Then I went to our tower and it was unshaded and I could see my stamina and body dev. kicked up.

I don't know how this is effecting my other guild members though.

Thanks again,
    -Grokker

Originally posted by Thelcia
    The advantages kick in 2 hours RL time after you place them,

Where did you get that info. because i had org leader place on in contract for me and the buffs were immediate.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

The 2hrs thing is on /org info under /org contract. I didn't see mine right away so i had figured it was the 2hr thing. It was most likely that i wasn't in the zone tho :P

What happens to the advantages when one or more of the towers are destroyed ? Do the advantages of the corresponding QL go poof ?

I assume they do, just would like a confirmation
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

I do not know for sure what happens when you lose a controller, since we have been lucky enough to not have that happen yet

What I think would happen is that all of the org advantages would grey out in the /org contract box. They would be grey everywhere until you remove the appropriate ql advantage from the box or get a new controller. That would mean that you don't have any org advantages until you remove some.

There is no association between advantages and a specific control tower. Thus, I can't see any way that only some of the advantages might be affected.

You have no time to dig through old posts. Yet you expect people to reply to the same question multiple times?

Quit being lazy and selfish.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!