Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defending/atttacking towers....

Defending/atttacking towers....

Okay just helped some other omni guilds succesfully blow a Clan Controller to pieces... my concern here, was that I was NOT able to attack these tower... for that I needed something, as far as i know, u can only get if u have NW... Now I pre ordered the game... havnt recieved it yet, and I can even help omnis attack clan towers... Well I really dont understand that, since u guys said, that us who didnt have NW yet, could just attack othere tower so they dont have that much of an advantage, but that seems just to be bull... We CANT attack them, so they will get an unfair advantage against guilds, who hasnt gotten NW yet, even though we pro ordered it...

Also while defending an Omni Controller, the lag got really bad, I hope u can work on those lag issues....
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

In order to attack a tower you need to have a shield neutralizer or someone in your team needs it. It can be bought in Tower store. Also, I think if your guild is attacked, then you can attack the offending party's base without using the shield neutralizer.

I just finished a skirmish at an Omni base. It started off awesome fun, but then as more and more people came, lag got worse and worse. Which is too bad, because I really like epic battles. Wasnt even that many people , I mean a handful.
    XOOX level 200 Redemption Squad Commander

Yeah, sure was epic. Storm, Rebels and Redemption attacking Izgimmer's Legacy. Only reason why so many showed up was because of that kind of force against a little guild of only NTs.

And when they couldn't attack just sit in 75% and hope the defenders would disapear. Sorry, but "epic" was not the first word that came into my mind.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

cas, lost chapter, you name one and it was there. Ofcourse when they refused to give it another go (sitting in the 75% .... ) we wrapped up a rebel base without any resistance at all.

Redemption + storm + Cas + rebels + Lost capter + 4-5-6 little clans attacking 1 small omni guild, gg ;p
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

I just got back from standing around a bunch of Omnis who blasted a clan tower to smithereens. Very fun but the lag was terrible, especially in fights.

Originally posted by xoox
    In order to attack a tower you need to have a shield neutralizer or someone in your team needs it. It can be bought in Tower store. Also, I think if your guild is attacked, then you can attack the offending party's base without using the shield neutralizer.

I just finished a skirmish at an Omni base. It started off awesome fun, but then as more and more people came, lag got worse and worse. Which is too bad, because I really like epic battles. Wasnt even that many people , I mean a handful.
    Like I said, none in my guilds has NW yet... We all got tricked to pre order the game from DR and the whole guild is located in scandinavia, where u cant buy the game anywhere at all, not even in Norway, FC lives in Norway right?
    I believe we should have the right to pick on any towers we want, so that those who got NW so much earlier wont have that big an advantage, but that isnt even possible...

My other concern was how am a guild like mine gonna defend their towers, we cant possibly all be online at 5 am we need sleep too... Small guilds, and guilds based on the same geografic location is going to have a major disadvantage, we wont be able to defend ourselves at night times... I bet alot of guilds like ours will be gone in a few months...

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Originally posted by Jamespond

Like I said, none in my guilds has NW yet... We all got tricked to pre order the game from DR and the whole guild is located in scandinavia, where u cant buy the game anywhere at all, not even in Norway, FC lives in Norway right?
    I believe we should have the right to pick on any towers we want, so that those who got NW so much earlier wont have that big an advantage, but that isnt even possible...

My other concern was how am a guild like mine gonna defend their towers, we cant possibly all be online at 5 am we need sleep too... Small guilds, and guilds based on the same geografic location is going to have a major disadvantage, we wont be able to defend ourselves at night times... I bet alot of guilds like ours will be gone in a few months...
    Shield Disablers are available as mission rewards. A guild member had one about 5 days ago from a ission.

Your towers are only attackable for 4 hours in a 24 hours period. Unless this has changed since beta its the 4 hours BEFORE you put the tower down (so if you placed at 10pm the tower is attackable from 6pm) the first 3 hours are 25% so only attacks by other factions are allowed, the final hours is 5% so you are vunerable to your own faction as well in this time. The rest of the time the zone is either 75% or 100% (this it may be 100% to prevent problems with attacking wildlife)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

No... I helped another guild with building some tower... When u place the controller it starts with a 20 hour countdown to 25% zone... After that it goes to a 5 hour countdown til 5% zone... didnt check after that....

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug

hey all.

I got another concern regarding towers and the ability to defend them.

I do not yet have the NW as it is out of stock, and I doubt any of my guild members have it either.

There are only so many (few) locations where one can build towers. Most of them are taken by now. (last I checked the german server is still up for grabs, tho)

I expect to have the NW by the end of next week. (Live in Sweden) I did a preorder thing a few weeks back and since it is out of stock I asked around at the local retailers. Only one is working on getting it in, so I reserved a copy there as well.

Anyway. as for my question.

Attacking a tower/controller is related to the level of the tower and the level of the attacked. Pretty much as it is with PvP. But how about defending a tower?

lets say that we in my guild build some ql 50 towers. just to test them out and to get some bonuses. Some other guild/faction are really keen on getting the location that our towers are located. If they are to high of a level they are not able to attack it. But if they are within PvP range they can.

I am currently level 167. So according to PvP rules I cannot fight anyone at level 50-125 or so. But if they attack my towers? Can I defend them by killing the attackers? Even if they are way below my PvP range level?

After all. If they attack they should be aware that they can get killed?

Hope that the answer to this is yes. I am not to keen on spending creds on something I cannot defend personally because the attackers are lower level then my PvP range.

Also. if a mixed team do the attacking? lets say some in range of the attacking capability of the towers ql and some in the team are within my PvP range. (Around 150-200) can those high levels also attack the towers. Or me for defending them. (I believe they can fight me if I am there and defending them. It only makes sense really), but not activily help take down a tower. Or are they stuck to supporting the attackers using buffs and heals and such?
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

My Guild is pure Danish (not the pastry), in Denmark, NW releases the 6th of December, all I know who's preordered, got the "out-of-stock" message.

Basically, we have to kill towers first, in order to get a spot, to place one.

I wonder if I should bother buy NW at all?
    Traumatizer of Ragnarok.

The second coming.

Yes you are going to have to fight for one. There aren't that many ql250 areas around. And only high level traders and possibly crats can build the controllers that high. But damn their HP bar is larger then special agent lambs :P
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Well I got NW yesterday, and we went scouting for L200 places. Guess what ? We couldnt find any that werent taken ! So we in the same boat.
    Noer, its too bad u didnt see the battle as having fun. People stopped when the lag got so terrible they were taking on multiple hits and couldnt see it until later. We only destroyed 2 or 3 towers before I left, didnt take your spot. NW brings in a lot of new people to pvp, but with noer's attitude like that they will likely go back to pvm. I had no idea who IL was , are we supposed to research who's base it is before we attack it ? I was in fact happy that high level omni showed up, to provide some challenge. It was for me a kind of experiment to see how NW will work out. Btw I wasnt describing the battle as epic, I was generalizing that I like large scale epic battles.

Well.... Wouldn't it make sense to research an org before taking on them and their allies? Maybe I'm being too simplistic, but I sure know I'd at least take a peek at their roster and website (if they have one) to estimate what we could expect if we did attack them.

RE: the actual thread topid:

I did participate in the defense of Last Hope's tower last night on Rimor and found it much fun. I'm only a level 92 so CCI's Director teamed me into his much higher-level team so that all members of the team would be able to attack a much broader range of levels. I'm not sure what the math is on this and I probably wouldn't remember it if I were informed of the math.

I should mention that this NW business is my very first experience with PvP as a whole and I found the entire scene last night very informative. Line camping is annoying though. And one guy was really obnoxious about using the 1 minute grace period once you pass into the 25% gas zone (it was both annoying and added to the fun. heh).

Both effective defense and offense requires far more tactical thought than I'd anticipated upon first hearing about NW and discussing it. Factoring in the gas percents, the levels of all the people involved, and how the teams should be constructed is enough to keep some busy. Then you get to deal with the grace period and line camping and it gets all crazed. Fun!

{added in edit} Oh, and I don't have NW yet myself. So defending is definitely possible without the booster. Haven't tried attacking yet.
    Last edited by Chinarain; Nov 30th, 2002 at 16:40:56.
    Chinarain
    Omni-Exploration Corps.

Originally posted by xoox
    Well I got NW yesterday, and we went scouting for L200 places. Guess what ? We couldnt find any that werent taken ! So we in the same boat.
    Noer, its too bad u didnt see the battle as having fun. People stopped when the lag got so terrible they were taking on multiple hits and couldnt see it until later. We only destroyed 2 or 3 towers before I left, didnt take your spot. NW brings in a lot of new people to pvp, but with noer's attitude like that they will likely go back to pvm. I had no idea who IL was , are we supposed to research who's base it is before we attack it ? I was in fact happy that high level omni showed up, to provide some challenge. It was for me a kind of experiment to see how NW will work out. Btw I wasnt describing the battle as epic, I was generalizing that I like large scale epic battles.
    Yeah, you had fun for how long 15 mins and then we wiped you out and you didn't dare come back. It wasn't our base, we saw 3 major clan guilds attack a little Omni profession-guild and thought something had to be done and we did. Problem is when defenders are too strong the attackers just plant their butt in 75% and wait, forcing defenders to sit there for 4 hours straight. Guess what - that isn't fun. And this has nothing to do with "Noer's attitude". Ask any defender there how fun it was when the attackers realised this was a loss and just camped the place.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

It sucked. A lot.

Not that anyone asked me. But I'm at work and bored outta my socks.
    Chinarain
    Omni-Exploration Corps.

Originally posted by Georg
    cas, lost chapter, you name one and it was there. Ofcourse when they refused to give it another go (sitting in the 75% .... ) we wrapped up a rebel base without any resistance at all.

Redemption + storm + Cas + rebels + Lost capter + 4-5-6 little clans attacking 1 small omni guild, gg ;p

Yeah it was a bit of a lopsided battle.. They had little low lvl spies just sitting in our base relaying messeges to thier orgs on the status of the defenders. When there were only 4 of us left at the base, they sent in a wave of about 40+ clans and we finally lost the base, I watched it blow.. Quite an impressive site, even though it was sad..
    Sorzella 173 NonoHPmage Assassin NT
    Advisor to Izgimmers Legacy
    /me reloads her Caterwaul
    /say No you may not have UA/TTS! However can I interest you in this fine Humidity Extractor?
    On a long enough timeline the survival rate of everyone drops to zero...

LOL all ur base R belong to us !!!! :P

My base got wiped out today too. I died 3 times. Im not bitter. It forces me to take a step back and analyze the situation a bit more. Tactics are very important. Does this sound like someone who wouldnt dare to come back ? Pfft. Extreme lag is not fun in my books, thats the only reason. I mean why would I not dare ? dying means nothing at 200, titles schmitles, dont give a f***.
    Last edited by xoox; Nov 30th, 2002 at 21:36:27.

About not being able to attack if you don't have Notum Wars, it seems to me that before I had Notum Wars installed and activated I was seing the Shield Disabler tools thingies in the General Tools terminal, or whatever the one is called where you can buy lockpicks and night vision goggles and the like. No need to access a towers terminal.

As far as the "ganging up on one small guild" thing is concerned, when the first major battle I participated in on RK-2 went down, it wasn't a matter of whose guilds were involved. It was pure faction against faction. When the call for battle went out, I didn't see a single message on the clan side asking, "Why? Whose guild is it?" It wasn't some personal, guild-centric thing. It was a clash of the major sides.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

I agree

I have to agree with Whatsamatta, although I was not in the particular battle mentioned I watched the channels. My own org was involved in a few defenses and the question never arose as to which Org owned the site etc. All that mattered was that clan was attacked or that Omni was being attacked. Just like it was mentioned earlier, "It wasn't our base, we saw 3 major clan guilds attack a little Omni profession-guild and thought something had to be done and we did." See that is Omni vs Clan. The only time I think it should or would become personal is if one Org declares a sort of war or blood feud on another and they post it openly. I don't see anything wrong with this and still don't think it should be RL personal but RP personal. The other type I could see being personal would be inter-faction wars. I cannot see supporting an attack on another Clan operation however I know that there are many who would. I can only hope that there is equal or greater infighting with Omni.

I am not a PvPer usually however I have enjoyed (though rarely survived) a number of "large" scale battles. Before this that usually meant raiding a city or outpost and hoping some enemies would show up. In other cases it meant a staged event. Now there are really objectives and while I am certain there are a lot of issues to iron out (what patch/release hasn't had these) I think it is a step in the right direction.

BTW, I did spend 3 hours defending our base, hoping some Omni's would show up to relieve the boredom, so I do understand how frustrating that can be. I can truly sympathize with you about the frustration of having to keep a defending team there when a few opponents camp outside. However guard duty has never been fun and we all asked for more PvP, surely it must be realized that guard duty would be a part of it.
    Dauhuai
    Clan Nano Engineer (159)
    Building a better Rubi-Ka One Tradeskill at a time

Sodamoca
    Clan Atrox Doctor (155)
    Free SFA to all Clan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast