Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st tower battle

1st tower battle

HOLY **** THAT WAS SWEET!

storm+rebels+someone else...(I think) were attacking izz. legacy...legion & some other omni's swooped in to the rescue from behind and killed the clans!!!! bwahahaha man that was sweet....

maybe NW's isn't that bad after all?
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

NW rules. See you on the battlefield.

The defenders have a pretty hefty advantage don't they .

I don't think we'll see any towers fall any time soon, what with there being just one or two towers open to pvp at any time, and half the server of omni's or clan running off to defend the one that belongs to their faction .

Wait a week or two for the novelty to wear off, and for more towers to need defending at any given moment, and we might see towers falling.

Or I could be talking out of my ass , take yer pick rubicans.

I personally can't wait for the first clan/clan or omni/omni tower fight on rk1. Oooo the drama! the cries of hatred! The venom spewed! It'll be better then a soap opera , I'm counting on you rk1'ers, don't let me down .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Too bad it as usual ended out in a meetmedere line-camping game. yawn
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Too bad it's impossible to do this without red red red ping..

this all may be true, but it was fun

maybe camp less attack more, spread stuff out? with docs towers are nothing
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Yeah was cool

Yeah that was great (even if clans got owned ), right up to the point where we had so many people that the lag was so bad it made camelot seem like a wonderful lag free zone. and then after everyone locked up and died it all dissolved into line camping. I myself was one of the campers, I was to scared to rush off into all that lag . This is going to be a great thing for AO IF they can get off thier asses and figure out what to do about all this damn lag.

All in all, it was great fun and if FC can get thier act together, I can see many great battles in the future

THanks again to clan who laid down their lives for me to march my titles on.....

Kels Plaything rules.

Oh and clan......We took out rebels base in SAV while you guys lined camped

So Omni are up 1 to clan zero for control towers downed

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Originally posted by Fingers
    THanks again to clan who laid down their lives for me to march my titles on.....

Kels Plaything rules.

Oh and clan......We took out rebels base in SAV while you guys lined camped

So Omni are up 1 to clan zero for control towers downed

Phinger
    Rebels base was only built so we could attack and join in attacking the omni towers, its easy to replace.

Don't get to exited am sure our perminet base will be well defended and have more then 2 towers
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

ya was pretty neat until i came into view of the towers and my ping turned to blood red and 7 names poped up on my chat window and 2 more after my screen turned white ><
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

that was BY FAR one of the greatest battles..

rundown:
    a small group of rebels level 150+ raided our towers..they managed to take out 1 of our towers *boom*...
    5 minutes later the whole omni tek army (and i mean everyone) drops in and helps us fend off the attacks and eventually defeat the pursuing clanners!

however! the line camping HAS TO STOP.
    seriously, why play if your just gonna camp.. that's lame.

other than that, Big hugs from us at Izzies Legacy for all the help !!
    we can't wait to return the favor!

we gonna hold ya do it if we get bum rushed 2
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Ya, we had a small party of about 6-8 on the initial raid when the gas changed to 25%. When I started to tab a lot of Omni, I typed 'regrouping up north', and then as I run there... I see ... lots of Omni. Was a nice move, props on it.

The line hugging sucked, but that's cause a lot of people are afraid to die. A few charges went down, causing an unbelievable lag, but hey... I rushed, I shot, I died, I returned. =D

And then yeah... our base. It was only a 100-150 range with a few towers built to check things out and attack. By no means our permanent home =D But also, props on destroying it.

Lesson #1: Don't attack, unless you have a strong defense.
    Lesson #2: When you do attack, bring huge numbers quickly before a human defense can arrive. Then be prepared to whether a storm on your own land.

Also - I'm a bit unhappy because of the NW distribution. A lot of our guild doesn't have the NW pack and can't place towers, like myself. I suppose everyone has the same problems, but it's not cool =D

Anyways, I had fun... trash talkin is kinda silly, but hey it's the game we live in =D

Nenous

Originally posted by Sead
    that was BY FAR one of the greatest battles..
    a small group of rebels level 150+ raided our towers..they managed to take out 1 of our towers *boom*...
    Heh, for the record it was 3 or 4. And Redemption was with us.. they were actually there first.

however! the line camping HAS TO STOP.
    seriously, why play if your just gonna camp.. that's lame.
    Yeah, that's easy to say when you're on the side with more people, and have the towers to run back into. And if you die, you can grid back into your base. There's no sense in rushing in when it's 15 on 30. And even if it's 30 on 30, when you call RUSH, half the people don't cross the gas line anyways. So don't be all **** when people camp the line. They're there for PvP, or they wouldn't be there in the first place.

=P

Amazing start to NW. The lag was nasty at the start then it calmed down. Clans hugging gas like MMD, was annoying as hell. We had the superior numbers though so I can't ***** about that.

Clan made a good showing, glad they decided to come out. The fact that 4 of the largest clan org teamed up on a smaller omni org was kinda laughable though. They could have picked a much more fair target.

Highlight for me was our Legion/Rennisance/Phoenix Consortium counterattack on the Rebel base. Was good to get out of the lag near the IL frontline.

gg clan and good response omni

Originally posted by Nen Nen
    Yeah, that's easy to say when you're on the side with more people, and have the towers to run back into. And if you die, you can grid back into your base. There's no sense in rushing in when it's 15 on 30. And even if it's 30 on 30, when you call RUSH, half the people don't cross the gas line anyways. So don't be all **** when people camp the line. They're there for PvP, or they wouldn't be there in the first place.

=P
    But basicly you just waste the defender's time sitting there. If they leave you can take the towers down easily, if they stay you are gonna camp the 75%. So welcome to tower camping untill the gas changes. Thats not really fun.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

yea, not really a way 2 fix that
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Clan made a good showing, glad they decided to come out. The fact that 4 of the largest clan org teamed up on a smaller omni org was kinda laughable though. They could have picked a much more fair target.
    Heh, we were hunting for a spot to place a QL200 tower, and this one opened up to 25% gas, so to us, it didn't really matter who was on the land at the moment. We didn't coordinate, we just happened to show up the same time Redemption did. Not only that, but it's not like the whole roster of either side showed up. Rebels and Redemption COMBINED to make 6-8 people lol... So we decided to use some teamwork to take the towers down. Only after a lot of Omni showed up did the real party begin =P

Initial purpose was for the land. But that changed in a hurry, it became less about Legacy and more about Omni vs. Clan.

Originally posted by Supersoly
    yea, not really a way 2 fix that
    25% Every where!
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

question:

How much is all this equipment going for? FC made it sound like only very uber guilds would be able to fund huge tower expenditures. How are towers popping up so easily already if this is so? Also, how much is that attack equipment going for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast