Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st tower battle

not that bad at all. i bought 2 ql 100ish towers to put around the guild controller for only 75k-ish.

the top towers, ql 250 cost like 20 mil a pop, so good luck getting those (and the skill requirements too...)

now the new yalms, paint, and mantas ? thats another story. i hope you got deep pockets and uncle pennybags as your best friend cuz i know i cant afford 10 mil for paint.

Sort of sucked on the huge period before the gas changed....we held it for just shy of the 4hours by about 3 mins. before it was going to change to 5%.

Hardly anyone was their when the clan made their final rush.

I have some seriuos misgiving about the duration of this window to attack.

5 hours sort of sucks ass.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

yep

Yep they finally took our towers there while I was sleeping .

I think the best thing we are going to be able to do is plan for the time swap on the suppression field so that it goes political and 5% at the times when we are all on to defend it. Otherwise, this kind of crap can happen again and again.

All they did was die over and over again and we murdered and humiliated them. In the end they waited til we had no defenders and then walked in and took it because that's all clans do isn't it? Gang up and when they get even numbers against them they run away or get humiliated.

Then when no one is around they take what they want. I guess that's the poor mans way out.

((By the way))

To all the omni factions that assisted and made a great attempt at helping to defend my org thanks you heartily. When I'm online and another omni faction gets attacked, you can bet yer bottom I'll be there along with some mates if we can help defend.

Our next base camp will be "much" better. We have another spot that is crap but we did that just to boost the univ advantages so hopefully we can build a new one.
    Last edited by Drabin; Nov 30th, 2002 at 17:31:47.

Heh, don't be like that Drabin =D

We were seriously outgunned at our base when it fell. Very few Rebels were online at all last night. What are they going to do? Wait for you to wake up?

Riiiiight =P

Re: yep

Originally posted by Drabin
    All they did was die over and over again and we murdered and humiliated them. In the end they waited til we had no defenders and then walked in and took it because that's all clans do isn't it? Gang up and when they get even numbers against them they run away or get humiliated.
    Isnt war GREAT ? wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeee

//// halofire

* for even more irony see: reality

Halofire Stuff
    SuperMetaMiniQueenTrox...

Ogiebogie Stuff perks
    UberMartialScareCrow...

Sjuk
    DrOgieBogie...

Damn amazon.com, my NW doesnt ship til next Friday .

Heh, they need to make armored rams like in Age of Empires II . I can just imagine 20 ppl getting in a giant ram and smacking the tower to hell and back .
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

lol nah..people are sufficient...

so if FC could somehow fix the lag...and the clipping around the towers...I had to jump 24/7 to not run into invisible walls/barriers...
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Woohoo. My guild on rk2 just sacked a clan tower in belial .
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

The first battle was pretty cool, I enjoyed myself, but there were some issuses as expected.

First off, the line camping reminded me of MMD...anyone else?

Second, the lag was something that was an obvious issue....what did you expect?

and Finally, the towers themselves..."tower clipping" I too had to jump countless times...

All and all it was a positive experience for being the "first tower battle." I look forward to more........but hope my copy of NWs shows up soon though....

One more thing, I'm interested to see how other battles go, seeing as how Omni really came together and held their own, of course it's easier to defend a tower. I imagine in a couple of weeks or less things will become more organized, therefore becoming more hostile.

I don't know about all this omni winning crap :P

.... but clanners sure did pwn the battles I saw.

Battles Bah :P im sneaking around storms base i w8 a bit and Mrs.Evil comes bouncing along, i alpah her she alpahs me for 20 sec hp bars stay level then 2 or more enf come and dimatch me bah ..... NTs need a Self Duplication or Hologram Program to give false targets or something... :P

Well, I'm not trying to generalize here, dunno if omnis do it too, because every time we've attacked clan the omni force has dropped the controller within minutes.

But

The 4-5 times I've been helping defend in the last day or two, EVERY time the clan sit on 75% line for hours, waiting for the omni to leave. It's so stupid. Today they sat at the border of our tower in DAV just sitting, waiting for us to leave so they wouldn't have to fight anyone just the towers. Funny thing was in their gas camping our towers went back to 100%. So they left with their tails between their legs.

As I said I don't want to generalize, but holy christ clan, stop gas camping and get into the fray. The only time I hear of you guys getting in the mix is when its vs a smaller org who doesn't have support, then when the big boys show up, you gas camp and wait for them to go to sleep then wreck their towers when not a single omni is still on.

Originally posted by Bizkitcan
    Battles Bah :P im sneaking around storms base i w8 a bit and Mrs.Evil comes bouncing along, i alpah her she alpahs me for 20 sec hp bars stay level then 2 or more enf come and dimatch me bah ..... NTs need a Self Duplication or Hologram Program to give false targets or something... :P
    Dunno, was damn close before whoever came along.. 2 aimed took quite a bit off. You may have had the edge though, but I was fumbling around to find nukes to cast with crown on. I was still setup for mass pvp at full aggro :P.

I keel you next time fellow NT

This is a stupid argument.

Both sides do the same thing, with line hugging and attacking bases that cant possibly be defended.

Attributing it to a "clan" or "omni" thing makes u look like a hypocratic tard

John

Hmm havent been a line yet. Storm chased us away at a base, mostly we gave up due lag....we left we didnt line camp......BUt all I have Seen is a lot of clan in a line hugging.

And I think all bets should be off if someone enters a area thats now a combat zone tower. All levels. Getting sick of level 60 spies rompingaround base. You get the warning you have 1 min to leave you dont you should be fair game.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

First day was too much fun. First battles etc.
    Then I go to sleep, logg right by my orgs controler. Then 2nd day i logg on in the middle of 30 Storm guys. wtf. and tehre was only like 5 people on when they attacked. guess they got lucky, but that just sucks.lol oh well. put me in bad mood and didnt even wanan fight today
    *mumbles* damn.. clan... gah... plot revenge *mumbles*

lol Mrs.Evil... i had the edge for mabey .00001 seconds.... im in the middle of your pvp arena with about 5 lvl 200s stomping around :P i would have probably got u if not for the back up .... well it was quite funny anyway, hope to see u again in some lonley part of the forest... w/o the Enf bodyguards :P

Lol. You say about line camping, this is a story to the contrary:

I got a tell from a friend in another guild, they under attack. Our tower is now safe, so I call the guild over to help her. Eventually get there, I scout on QW, cos its safer (lol! yeah right!) I notice 4 lvl 180+ and a 140+ I think out in the trees, 75%. Kcko was there (sup!) and initiates on me. I pull back out of range, so I thought. Unfortunately at this time these frontliners were fully buffed and stormed en-masse. I dunno how the fight went cos I lasted about 5 seconds. I didn't get to react either.

Good attack guys, I have yet to see how it fared. I hope you got repulsed, and I hope it was a long, hard fight

PS anyone notice how since the war really kicked off we're praising each other? I think the AO angst is being wiped out
    Last edited by Ntrox; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 15:42:25.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

YAY got my freashman title back from this battle ,after loseing it to traitor omni now clan scum Mratrox.......BUT YAY!!! got more people targeting me for my title now (is it safe to go in?)
    --Line camping why not line Dancing?-----
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12