Thread: Can we get an update?

Can we get an update?

Now that I have suckered you in CZ, for the love of all that is holy, please give us an update as to why this game seems so freaking fragile right now. Zoning into trade or nlc is a nightmare for a lot of people. Zones crashing constantly. All this since 14.6. And while there has been numerous fixes and patches since then, no attention has been paid to these problems. As smooth as this game was prior to 14.6, I am literally sick to my stomach right now at what has been thrown at us. I don't know if this was all to force a booster pack on us to try and hook some more players before the release of SWG in January, or what. But there is no excuse for a game that has been out this long, to be in this kind of condition. And as much as I love playing, I will easily be sucked away into another game if things are not fixed soon. I really don't expect to get a response (feel free to surprise me). I'm just feeling more frustrated now than I ever have with a GAME. This is supposed to fun. Isn't it?

{Moderator: Edited the thread subject... no need for "tricking"}
    Last edited by FreeARK1; Dec 7th, 2002 at 12:31:32.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Yes, definately, the lag has to be fixed. Some zones are virtually unplayable. I believe that FunCom's solution so far has been to take away services of an area that would then discourage a large amount of people from hanging out. Ex. grid and bank removal etc.

This is a quasi-good idea, but FunCom should just fix this problem at the heart- **improve the servers**. I'm sick of a 3 minute zone in time for trade, and Newland is just out of the question.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Problem with removing areas where people gather and socialize is that it discourages people from gathering and socializing! I understand the reason to try and reduce the lag, but it's clearly not helping and only spreads people out more and more, creating no sense of a community (or that anyone is even on!)
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

I have an idea of my own why zoning into Trade and NLC is so bad atm. Dont those 2 zones use compressed packets while the rest dont? Didnt FC make a few changes with the graphics options recently?

It seems to me that in NLC, forget about me looking into Trade as i am clan and cant even zone in without dieing the INSTANT i can move, it loads textures from my HARDDRIVE. It also seems to only load in the textures that are visible to me so everytime i move until i have made a 360 circle, slowly as to not lag skip a portion, it freezes until the textures have loaded from the HARDDRIVE. Oh and NLC and Trade are the ONLY 2 places i have seen this behavior exhibited and ONLY after 14.6.

It is getting REALLY annoying as i do read the AO boards and have not seen a response that there MAY even be a problem that was inadvertently caused by FC. Of course that would mean FC did something wrong and we know FC never does anything wrong dont we. So can anyone tell that i am a little annoyed yet?

Originally posted by Cboath

It seems to me that in NLC, forget about me looking into Trade as i am clan and cant even zone in without dieing the INSTANT i can move, it loads textures from my HARDDRIVE. It also seems to only load in the textures that are visible to me so everytime i move until i have made a 360 circle, slowly as to not lag skip a portion, it freezes until the textures have loaded from the HARDDRIVE. Oh and NLC and Trade are the ONLY 2 places i have seen this behavior exhibited and ONLY after 14.6.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. And these two being the only spots that have these specific problems, I am frustrated that we are getting no response even that they are working on it. This was NOT like this before 14.6.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

btw, a nice side-effect of moving tir grid outside tir city was that it gives newbies a chance of getting in touch with more experienced players, since this is an area more used by low-lvls than i.e. nw terms is.

*yawn*

Moving the stuff is assnine.. Sorry been in for a year, and all funcom can seem to do is make it less and less like the game it was.

Lets move the grids all over, lets move the wompas, lets make it so where people sit and talk, find teams, and meet to drink *HR*..... now to grid we have to leave the city.

Other mess ups by funcom....... NO player, or org, or allience can change anything in the story.,... it is wrote.. Woopty doo, so were playing a predetermined set of secnerios... that some one in AO thought might be fun.

you make items that are hard to get, so every twink in the game wants, and then run the prices so high, your average gamers can't get...

when people have to rely on each other, like after 100 when you massively use 125+ items.. You get greed, hate, and fights..

Gamers destroy games like this. and funcom is helping them....

Nerf Funcom,

Re: CZ, me again. Say hi to mom!

Originally posted by Wiped
    Now that I have suckered you in CZ, for the love of all that is holy, please give us an update as to why this game seems so freaking fragile right now. Zoning into trade or nlc is a nightmare for a lot of people. Zones crashing constantly.
    Yes, thats all super fun an all, but nothing compares to the joys of being trapped in the grid for 30-40 mins, petition and get it deleted.. on 3 different occasions within the space of 16 hours w00t

hehe, why not just give us all the some look? Everyone in blue jeans and a black T-shirt. And on the T-shirt it can say "I am using XXX armor"...lol

Or do it the Star Trek way and everyone has dull and gay jumpsuits....

SWG wont be out till at least Late Feb or March... and with it going SCS (Single Character per Server) I'm not going to play that. I love Hooking my alts up and muleing Don't you!??

FC: Do a AO overhaul. Full Net code, Graphics, Content, Solo, Team, Trade Skills, Adventure, Quest, Vehicle (A la Halo or Planetside. I have been posting this for a while. I think AO would be awesome to DRIVE around in a sweet WHEEL based land vehicle that can do jumps and stuff. We could make races a la Star Wars Pob Racer type events... Give us Vehicles like the static vehicles that have thrusters... those look so sweet... with the thrusters showing.... Yeah BABY!!) Make the WHOLE planet Accessable.... do that and EVERYONE would line up begging to get on AO!!!

I am glad i can go to tir.

I thought the lag was bad outside of southgate in tir since they moved the grid there but then i went to nlc and tried to make t from the grid point there to the whompas inside..

10 minutes latter and being only halfway across i gave up and started my trek back to the entrance..

What they hell did you do to this game NERFCOM?
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Nearly always get a 'playshift failed' when I try to get into NLC these days.

Funny, less players = more lag.