Thread: Notum Wars Installation

Question Notum Wars Installation

Ok, I have been told that with the Notum Wars there is a graphical update.

I have installed Notum Wars, and I see absolutley no difference, except that there are a few ships flying around in the sky.

Also about voice commands, are you supposed to be able to hear your own voice? I cannot.

I think I might have just installed it incorrectly, but I have completely re-installed AO with no noticable difference in quality. Can someone plz help me?

I didn't even install notum wars. All NW basically is a CD with patch 14.7 AO on it and a game key to unlock the NW features. Nothing else, thats one reason why you can't download it. Why you can't just buy a key online is beyond me though.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Thumbs up There ARE new features

A was just on, talking to a guild-mate who installed NW. He said that there is definitley a graphical update.

Also, I have found the voice sound files (which sound extremley humorous), but I don't hear them when I use the voice commands in-game.

Goto options.
    I think under Misc (if not look around) you will find tabs for the voice commands. You can have Voice heard if said in Team, vicinity, guild and another I forget .
    You have to turn on which channels you hear them in.
    At least thats how it was in the NW beta
    Not bought it yet and not going to so going from memory there.
    Hope that helps.
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

I didnt think there was anything to intall either,since the launcher that automatically pops up when you put the cd in has the "install" button grayed out.And after registering the key I had access to the ships in the sky and tower stores and stuff.Only when I went to try out the voice commands did i find out that there is stuff to be installed, so i had to manually do it by exploring the cd for the install.

Unhappy hmmmm...

when you do the manual install, do the graphics update too?
    And is anyone else who has the booster crashing alot latley?
    Who am I?..I am a servant of the shadow organization!

*begins to melt into the shadows*

Only difference i see from just putting in the key or installing is you get the voice commands.Graphics and access to tower stores and such is all unlocked by simply putting in the game Key.