Thread: Opposing Forces speaks! *yawn*

Opposing Forces speaks! *yawn*

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/a...e=0&view=&sb=5

More Opposing Force self-promoting. I find it very hard to writeup a press release where the reporter is part of the same organization as I. That's biased to begin with, and it shows that nobody outside the organization would care to do it, so they decide to do it themselves.

How many people really care about what Opposing Forces does or think? There are hundreds of other Clans out there...hamming it up to the spotlight with pointless press releases isn't really the best way to make yourself stand out.

I hope people don't look at what Opposing Forces is doing and think "Oh, hey, I should do this too." I see too many organizations that are following this trend. "What Utildai says must be important, that is why they are posting it!"

I think Dags, the Web Editor responsible for content, is just as annoyed as I am by these all-too-frequent postings by OpFor that serve no other purpose than to promote the organization and give a platform for a person nobody gives a damn about.

Hence why not one OpFor press release released recently has made it to the Voice of Freedom.

i dont get it lore

Let me get this right your moaning that OF keeps putting out press releases at the drop of a hat and your some what fed with them so you post the fact both here and on the AOS boards thus adding more air time to the post. By your own judgement the posts are to give OF more air time so by posting about it you play in there hands.

Please tell me if I am wrong but your logic is hard to follow here.

Kirrana

By complaining about a subject, you inadvertenly draw attention to it. I think the fact that I am trying to deter them from doing this in the future, while putting additional attention on this one post, has the benefits outweight the downsides.

I agree, selfish self-promoting does get old...

Luckily, most of the culprits (myself included) has cut back on most of the "hey lookee mommy! Lookee what I did!"

I wouldn't mind it quite so much if FC actually took some of these things into account in their story.