Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time to add NCU's of higher ql then 200.

Originally posted by Insida
    If you have a very high NCU, fixer will not be wanted in team because you wont need NCU buff.. Thats like giving everyone a heal nano, doctor wont be needed, give everyone calms, Crat wont be needed, give everyone tanking ability, Enforcer wont be wanted.
    Well if you think so. I don't want a smurf in my team for NCU. Maybe I want him when I go to Tara but most time I say f... of that damn NCU buff. I have it running - I fill up my NCU and after some time the NCU buff runs out and then? So I say f... of that NCU buff - doesn't matter if I actually don't have enough NCUs or after a 1 hour. Its most time the same worse s... 60 ppls flame 1 smurf about ncu, hot and speed. Then finaly after 10-20 mins I get my NCU buff, then I begin to ask enfs, nts, etc. for buffs too. Then after 10-20 more mins I'm fully buffed. Then I wait and wait and wait till all other teams are ready. Finaly when all are ready my NCU buff runs out and I need to cancle all most of the other buffs to get a new NCU buff.

And the reason why we want a smurf in team isn't NCU!!! Its nice to have more NCU but do I need that in a bs mission? No I don't - selfbuffed is more than enough for a bs mission. For the outdoor boss mobs? Well same problem. It took to long till all teams are set and when they finaly set then the NCU buff runs out. Also no smurf is in damage team too - why should he? So we invite him for NCU buff and then we begin to fight the boss mob and when the boss mob is at 50% the NCU buff runs out - my NCU is filled up and I die cause I get the message "You don't have enough NCU for tms". Arf - then I say f... of NCU buff - I don't need it.

So let us see when we need a NCU buff. The only real reason for me to have a NCU buff running is when I decide to go pvping. On all other times I don't need a NCU buff. But I still want a smurf for speed and hot also I love the grid buff. Maybe a agent, nt, doc, trader don't need you for grid. I still don't understand why a doc, trader and agent has a grid buff. In my eyes some developer plays a doc and he hates to run out of a mission so he decided to give docs a grid buff too. There is no! other good reason why a doc has a grid buff. A grid buff should be fixer only and maybe a NT. But docs, agents and trader shouldn't have a grid buff!! So for me I need a smurf only for grid in team but not for the NCU.

Higher ql NCUs will just fix the game. Don't forget there are new buffs in that game which cost a lot more NCU now!! More and more NCU is needed but we still have the old stoneage NCU Chips. I mean hey lets do some math:

6*64 NCU + mk2 + ring + ncu buff = 716 NCU for a lvl195+ char.

With all the buffs you would need, like essence, damage shield, rrf, os, he, jobe, speed, hot, hp buffs, tts, mop, kitty form, damage buffs etc. I think you can hit the 900 NCU mark now. Some of us would love to use a recompiler, hardcore ncu and range increaser too - but thats not possible. Without a fixer ncu buff you can maybe only run 50% of the buffs you would love to have and thats to less.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Originally posted by Laisak

+8 base ncu

Oh.. then I could get MC/TS expertise running now.. hah.. woot.

~Chris

Some great ideas in here.

I would also like as maybe a short term solution to see fixers be able to refresh the ncu buff without the old one having to be cancled.

Or make the fixer ncu buff not take up any ncu space. Or have it last for an insane amount of time.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

I've been harassing Cz about when the devs are going to fix the NCU buff bug, but he's off on holiday, so it'll be a while before I hear anything I'd suspect.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Thats a bug?

Having to cancel the old fixer ncu buff to get a new one is a bug?
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Yes, it's a bug. I'll find the referent for it if I have to.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Insida
    If you have a very high NCU, fixer will not be wanted in team because you wont need NCU buff.. Thats like giving everyone a heal nano, doctor wont be needed, give everyone calms, Crat wont be needed, give everyone tanking ability, Enforcer wont be wanted.
    lol, ya and if you give everyone guns soldiers won't be wanted in teams...oh wait...

Sorry but I don't think fixers should become a MUST have proffession in every team, it bad enough with docs and enfs being so at low lvls. Adding higher ql ncu is overdue weather you think it infringes on your turf or not.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12