Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time to add NCU's of higher ql then 200.

It's time to add NCU's of higher ql then 200.

We can all get ql 200 ncu's in at around lvl 150, earlier for some, later for others, but generally at around 150. So after 150 we all start running short on ncu, some proffessions can't even get all of their own buffs uploaded let alone buffs from other players. We're desperate for ncu, witness the popularity of Carbonium armor, or the Corona armor from the den which both add ncu. While other proffessions need to install recompliers, or range extenders, or whatever thus reducing their own ncu by a considerable amount.

Add to this the fact that funcom continues to add bigger and bigger ncu hogging nano programs and we're reaching a new peak of ncu need at high levels.

Thus I figure they should add in ncu up to ql 250 or something. Have it take say 1000 comp lit for ql 250 ncu, and have them give 80, or 90, or even 100 ncu for each one.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I know you'll probably get flamed of "GO GET A FIXER NCU BUFF THEN!" but it's not that simple.

I'm a level 200 engy with 440 or so NCU (6 Ql 200 NCUs, Full set, minus body for dragon, of MKII armor).

I have 3 NCU left over after buffing. That's assuming I don't use some of the more useless buffs like Entropy Infusion. (+20 to weapon damage for 48 NCU, nerf!)

So, even if I did get an NCU buff, I'd still only have 250 NCU - which, seems like a lot, but it fills up rather quickly. Not to mention NCU buffs are a pain in the buttox region to get, and when they cancle, it just spells trouble. I wouldn't say for +100, but +80 would be nice - the extra 86 would be nice to have, admittidly.
    ~Chris

Edit: Another reason why I put +80 is because it follows the natural NCU curve (+.32 NCU per NCU chip. 250*.32 is 80 if you do the math.)

bump

its not much better if you are a nt or mp.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Hmm

Yes, and why not a 7 slot belt? There seems to be room on my little display thingy...
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Changing Cat's idea, here's what I propose:

Make one of the other spots that you'd normally place stuff (like uh where LLTS or something) and make a "7 slot belt" that allows where the normal belt goes as an extra NCU slot. And make it have a 10 minute equip so you can't just hotswap whatever item you were using for xxx slot.
    ~Chris

Yeah, a 7 slot belt is a damn good idea. We can get our 6 slots on at lvl 50 or 60 pretty easy, after 100 levels with the same belt I think it's time for an upgrade .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I like the 7 slot idea, but the belt probably have to contain the 7th spot's NCU etc, otherwise the "wear" concept will be broken.

And we definately need higher QL NCU stuff, I alread have QL 200 stuff iinstalled (NCU, recompiler etc). And another 88 lvls with with the same hmmmm
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Question Shadowlands maybe

Maybe they will add up to Ql 300 in shadow lands. Mind you I don't know what amount Ql 300 would be, about 100, i would guess, so that would give you 600+ with 6( if we can equ them). But with that amount, the new nano with that expansion may take up alot, who know.

Rulex lvl 168 NT

Ql 300 would be 96 (duh.)
    ~Chris

Arrow

They could also make a working tradeskill (cough accelerated ncu cough) that lets you combine a ncu with a belt. Viola, a 6 slot belt that also adds as much as the same ql ncu. I like my 249 extra radiation AC but theres never enough damn ncu.

Giving fixers ncu buffs was a cheap band-aid on a nasty bullet hole.

BTW HUD3 will NEVER be a fair spot for anything else. If it has to do with ncu make it HUD2, more fair than giving fixers a way to get 800+ ncu with no penalty
    Last edited by Mercatura; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 20:22:52.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Well, so what if we get 800 NCU? Ever since I put a set of 5 200 NCU units on my fixer (think that was about 133) I haven't run out of NCU. Ever. We get NCU buffs and that's a perk of the class; it won't change balance horrifically.

How about 128 NCUs? Or 256? I mean it goes more or less 16/32/64, so kick 'me up to 128+!
    My 2 creds worth.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Just another example.....

how FC failed to properly plan for player skills above 150! I was SO HAPPY to make 150, not to learn my skills degraded as I leveled. Now the higher I go the fewer players I can heal (doc btw). At 200 I will only be able to heal 150+ players.

There is NO ENDGAME! At lvl 150+ you can have all 200 implants, use all your special nanos and weapons.

What is the point of endless missions, wasted tokens if you are not more powerful?

7 sloter!!!!... bump!

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Giving fixers ncu buffs was a cheap band-aid on a nasty bullet hole.

BTW HUD3 will NEVER be a fair spot for anything else. If it has to do with ncu make it HUD2, more fair than giving fixers a way to get 800+ ncu with no penalty
    Giving fixers NCU buffs is the single reason we're wanted in teams. Unless you have GA, but that's not important: NCU buffs make fixers wanted in teams, and therefore are not a cheap band-aid at all.

Besides, as a level 150 fixer casting the 2nd highest nano of nearly everything, even fully buffed I don't come close to filling my NCU w/o the NCU buff. And I have a CPU upgrade and recompiler installed (GA3 does give an NCU bonus, though, but I still wouldn't fill my NCU without it).

Giving fixers NCU buffs was definitely not something *we* needed - it was something we needed so that everyone else would need us.

Oh, and bump to Sred's idea, seems reasonable to me.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Ooh 7 slotter..

64 * 7 = 448

448 + 42 + 40 = nice 530 self-buffed NCU.. *drools*

~Chris

Oh comeone fixers are still needed and wanted for the hot and speed buffs. Also I want a fixer for the damage buff, cause I don't have a working one as a soldier now.

A 80 NCU or 128 NCU Chip would be very nice and I think it is needed at least at Shadowlands, all new buffs which should be castable when Shadowlands comes out cost a lot more NCU as the old ones cost. My soldier fills up his NCU selfbuffed and outside buffs are only doable if I have a fixer ncu buff. But we all know the pain, first not every team has a fixer so we all know that it is a pain for a fixers when he got 40 tells in Camelot for speed, hot and ncu! Also it is a pain when u have a ncu buff running and it runs out and i cannot cast tms anymore cause I sit gimped with 441/5xx NCUs around. Also I cannot get a new NCU buff if I don't cancle 3-4 buffs etc.

And don't forget I would also love to use a recompiler, increaser or hardcore cpu. Maybe a fixer don't need much NCU for his buffs, but other classes need a lot NCU! Its atm a little better for a soldier, cause I have a 100% AR only gun and I don't need tts and mop anymore - so I have a little more NCU which I can use for outside buffs, but thinking of using a Nophex again? Omg I don't have the NCUs for the buffs which are needed for a Nophex.

Fixers are still welcome, well most time when they are not welcome then its their own fault. I mean I hate it when a ga4 fixer things he hasn't to stay at the group and has to go and solo the mission etc. I mean we all know that u are uber with a ga4 - you don't have to show it us every time.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

If you have a very high NCU, fixer will not be wanted in team because you wont need NCU buff.. Thats like giving everyone a heal nano, doctor wont be needed, give everyone calms, Crat wont be needed, give everyone tanking ability, Enforcer wont be wanted.

For everyone.
    +20 Ring of the Nucleus Basalis http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=202717 (Database shows ql 200 with +50 NCU, but +20 is highest in game.)

For land control people.
    +30 NCU Depredating Pulse Turret ql 175 http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=203100
    +120 NCU Depredating Pulse Turret ql 250 http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=204587 (Havn't done the math, but I would guess only engies or traders will be able to put up one of these towers.)

Weapons exist which add to NCU as well, but I believe the damage output of those weapons is small and what little NCU they add hardly make them a viable source of NCU.

Other armor exists as well, but seems much harder to obtain than Carb or MK II armor.

Finally, with new things such as 'JobeCluster of NCU Backup' appearing in the database looks as though Funcom is already considering other ways of adding NCU. But, we probably won't see these, other NCU items, or even higher quality NCUs until Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Jan 1st, 2003 at 16:23:18.

Originally posted by Megabio
    Ooh 7 slotter..

64 * 7 = 448

448 + 42 + 40 = nice 530 self-buffed NCU.. *drools*

~Chris
    +8 base ncu
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast