Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California? Anyone found a copy on shelves?

California? Anyone found a copy on shelves?

The stores i've called are saying Monday or Tuesday.

Doh!
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Just bought a copy of NW off the shelf at my local Electronic's Boutique in San Leandro, California. Looked like it might have been the last copy though 'cuz the clerk kept digging through a pile of Special Edition AO boxes before he found my NW box. I had called around and this was the only store that had even heard of the freaking thing.

Electronic's Boutique

Electronic's Boutique is allso where i got my copy in minnesota
    i check many game shops around town ,gamestop funncolan ect.
    seem like the only that has then are all theElectronic's Boutique store in my area
    Nalaar
    Diversity Clan

EB in NYC as well
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

Yup got mine :)

Ya I got mine in Brea, Cali... they only got three shipped in.. and i bought two so one other person got one.

EB in San Jose CA had 8 copies
    Last edited by skygod; Nov 30th, 2002 at 03:35:42.

Hey skygod, where is EB in san jose?

Originally posted by Tioga
    Just bought a copy of NW off the shelf at my local Electronic's Boutique in San Leandro, California. Looked like it might have been the last copy though 'cuz the clerk kept digging through a pile of Special Edition AO boxes before he found my NW box. I had called around and this was the only store that had even heard of the freaking thing.

Heh, got my copy in the same store .

Woot!
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

Got mine in Tustin,CA delivered on Wednesday from Gamestop preorder.
    Last edited by Trellame; Nov 30th, 2002 at 10:02:09.
    Trellame
    Legitimate businessman
    Board Member | The Black Company
    www.the-black-company.net
    Founder & Former President | The Mockers
    trellame@anotherwebboy.com

It was rough calling 7-8 stores in all of the greater Los Angeles area. Of the 7-8 stores most of them don't even have a clue what Anarchy Online was. Of the remaming two 1 was sold out, the other said they had 4 when I called em, and on the 45 minute drive to Santa Monica they had one left. So I think I got the last copy in the greater Los Angeles area.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Out of the about 8 or 9 places I've tried in the Visalia/Fresno/Hanford area only Software Etc and Funcoland had even a clue that they might get it in on monday. Best Buy, Compusa, Wal-Mart, and Target didn't even know that. Guess I'll just have to wait another week and see if any copies show up in this area.

Grr. Went searching for NW in the Citrus Heights area - only to find blank faces when I asked for NW. I only found one store that even carried a copy of the original game . Gah, guess ill have to order online.

While on vacation in San Diego I looked and called a total of 12 different places. None had NW.

My roommate, in San Jose, drove around for 4 hours to many different stores and was able to pick up the last copy from two different places (EB and Gamestop) for a total of 2 copies.

Yes, acquiring this game was a royal pita

Saw a couple copies on the shelves at the EB in Mission Viejo.
    Trellame
    Legitimate businessman
    Board Member | The Black Company
    www.the-black-company.net
    Founder & Former President | The Mockers
    trellame@anotherwebboy.com

I'll cut one of you peeps who can drive up near Berkeley with NWa check on the spot. :-D Even if I knew a shop around here with it, I couldn't go to it, so I'm stuck with mail order (long story).

Hm, on second though, giving out my home address to anyone in the AO community may lead to horrible things appearing in my mailbox...
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Eb said something something Wednesday ... Probably Mumble Mumble monday .... riiiight well lets hope for the best... and im in Boston, MA

Angry *sigh*

I'm from Oakland, preordered my copy a few months ago. Mine shipped on Teusday I believe and went 3000 miles in less than 2 days. I was excited because now it was about 10 miles from where i live... Ups was closed for thanksgiving and closed the day after. I called them up, they said I could pick it up if I drove to warehouse...I did it was closed. My copy of NW is trapped 10 miles from where I live until tuesday. Kinda blows, but I have heard the crisis with Digital River in Europe has been worse.
    -Cozzio
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind
    -Jack Handey

Unhappy

I reserved mine at Software etc./Gamestop two weeks ago and then called thursday and they said they would have it friday. About 9am on friday I called and the said that it was "active in their database" and to call back around 5pm. I called at 5pm to talk to a new person who spent 5 minutes looking for it and then told me that it would be in Monday. And since they are the only dedicated gamestore within about 120 miles(me living in a small northern california town with about 30k people) I just have to wait. Not happy.

i tried a few stores in emeryville.. nothing yet
    er.. i shouldve tried san leandro
    Last edited by etin; Dec 1st, 2002 at 12:31:46.
    Nitex - lvl 184 trader
    Etin - lvl 191 ma
    Etinx - lvl 196 doctor

Anyone up in Richmond? That little EB in Hilltop Mall blows g0ats, but right now it is my only hope, since I doubt BestBuy is carrying it...

Ugh, San Leandro... *sigh*
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast