Thread: Question on Soloing Team Missions

Question on Soloing Team Missions

ive got a lowbie 33 Adv and ive been soloing team missions the past few days. i find them a lot more fun then the standard solo mission and its been a great way to pick up some armor for my alts.

im about 50/50 in killing the boss mob with 60% Hard missions (a few ticks up from the default difficulty). the prob is, i just cant dish out enough dmg against some of the boss mobs. red boss mobs are impossible and some oranges as well.

this had me questioning what the best class might be for soloing Boss Mobs on team missions. i know some classes solo very well crats, MA's... but soloing the boss mob is a little different from standard soloing in that you need to dish out a lot of damage very quickly - hence my pistol adv's issues and the reason ive never bothered to even attempt these with my doc. in addition, you have the ability to drop down a level to heal quickly out of combat, this might give an advantage to some classes that normally dont excel at soloing.

with that said, what classes do/do you think would excel at soloing high orange or red boss mobs with lots of hp's. im thinking soldiers perhaps. fixers - ive read do well with boss mobs, good dmg plus hots. how would agents fair? pet classes?

thanks in advance for any feedback.

Well, I'm a Fixer who also tends to solo team missions (yeah, friggin' boss-only nano loot, I hate thee - but I admit it's for the fun also), so welcome to the band

For me it depends on the bosses. HoTs are damn useful, that's a fact, and though we aren't the class that dishes out the *most* damage in the game (we ain' the worse either, that is), once you've learnt the art of kiting, you can solo hard stuf pretty well. Of course some rooms are a nightmare in this regards, when they're too smll and/or don't have anything in them to break LoS - but also, usually small rooms do only have a boss inside, or at most one minion with him/her. If you can snare/root/break LoS well enough (for melee mobs in big rooms, you can simply run out of range while keeping them rooted), then you can go far. This until your nanopool wears out, that is, so beware and prepares a few nanostims/combat packs in store. I've already soloed orange/reddish Enforcers bosses (which is a pain cause they take a loooong time to die), so I assume it's doable.

Also, depends on what weapons you'll be using, but if you're just above level 41 and can grab a Gamma Ejector, the damage dish, compared to your level, will be quite impressive.

Ah, I have to mention, I'm a non-GA Fixer, so no advice on this in this post. At least when a MP/Trader debuffs me, I don't have to sit crying at reclaim for the next minutes (uhm darn it, was this an opinion?)

Now just wait for another class to give you another opinion. And good luck on soloing
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

thanks for your vote yeah, seems like a class that can root might be best.

a follow-up question for any crats that have done this, can you charm the lesser mobs that are in the same room as the boss mob?

thanks for your votes