Thread: Online Game Recommendations

Online Game Recommendations

Hey ppl....

Sad to say, but it may soon be time for ole Vamp to leave AO. Yes, I know none of you will miss me.

Anyway, since I know many people want to get rid of me faster, you can do that by recommending a new game for me to join.

Post your online/MMORPG sugestions here.

Excluded are ANY games by Verant.

Game info is also appreciated.

kthxcyabye
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

who are you?

www.neocron.com
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

I'm RK's one and only Marmalade Boi.

Yeah, I read about Neocron..... Combat is supposedly roxxor, but the character models are reported to be very sucky and there is little diversity between characters.

Hm.....

*files in the maybes*
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

http://www.earthandbeyond.ea.com/

I didn't like it, but that doesn't mean you won't

Thanks for the link, Myers.

I'll check that out.

Planetside

As soon as it's out, I'm quitting AO
    WWYD - What would YODA do?
    Fluxlee - Martial Artist
    DeltaFlux - Bureaucrat
    I'm A: Chaotic Good Drow Fighter Ranger - Follower Of The Spider Goddess Lloth
    Ultimate Techno!
    "And the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIiIIIIIIIiIIIGGH"
    Strong Bad Action Figure!
    From a scale of one to awesome , I'm SUPER GREAT!!
    March forward! Not backward, upward, not forward and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!!
    Veteran of a thousand Psychic Wars
    Powerflux - Future pilot of a Galaxy-Class Drop ship

Ah yes, many thanks to Fluxlee....

I'd read about Planetside a WHILE back in PC Games Mag....

I thought, "That looks like somethin' a lil bit money money...."

I'd nearly forgotten and now I know where to go. See ya there, Flux. What side are ya gonna be?

Just a heads up on Earth and Beyond. It is basically a single player game with a large plot driven quest system. Just that it's an MMPOG instead.

The game EATS up your time as you'll spend most of it just flying from one place to another. (Or as they call it, warping.)

There are also three ways to gain xp. Trade. Combat. Exploration. The bad news is that the diversity doesn't really exist as you have to gain xp in all three categories. You really can't just choose one as one might be lead to believe.

The graphics are not that great, the models are fairly horrible (but most are compared to AO), model movements are probably the worst of any game I've played in the last year.

The good stuff:

If you enjoy plot driven quests, then hey...the game has plenty. They aren't really an option as you have to do them in order to advance. This means every single player that picked your profession is doing the exact same quest for the exact same story.

Support. After playing AO, I might be a tad biased. :P But the support in E&B was great.

Events. The E&B crew really tries hard to get involved with the players. They are constantly playing NPCs, staging raids, etc.

In the end, I choose to stop playing after a month in which I'd made level 93. (There are 150 levels in that game.)

Main reasons were:

Graphics. Every spacestation is the same, just different colors etc. People all look fairly similar as well.

Social. You spend 98% of your time in your spaceship. Your spaceship is in truth who you are, not that human toon you create in the beginning. There is almost no need for teaming in this game, which results in what I call....a single player console game with an internet chat function.

Anyways, they're making 'demo' cds so you can try it out for real cheap.

Originally posted by Vamp the Stampede
    See ya there, Flux. What side are ya gonna be?
    Pretty sure that I'm joining The Vanu Sovereignty
    Good low recoil weapons... Hovering Vechicles and the Heavy Armor has Jump Jets

Heres a good site with info on it
    Planetside-Universe PSU
    WWYD - What would YODA do?
    Fluxlee - Martial Artist
    DeltaFlux - Bureaucrat
    I'm A: Chaotic Good Drow Fighter Ranger - Follower Of The Spider Goddess Lloth
    Ultimate Techno!
    "And the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIiIIIIIIIiIIIGGH"
    Strong Bad Action Figure!
    From a scale of one to awesome , I'm SUPER GREAT!!
    March forward! Not backward, upward, not forward and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!!
    Veteran of a thousand Psychic Wars
    Powerflux - Future pilot of a Galaxy-Class Drop ship

I've been keeping an eye on a couple of games.

http://www.cityofheroes.com]City of Heroes Superhero fun Looks like it could be alright. I like how they've fleshed out some of the orgs (villains in particular). How it actually comes off, playability/replayability is my only concern, that it might be a little too light-hearted.

Dragon Empires - A game that, on first pass, made me actually want to play a merchant. The whole economic system in this game sounds well-done. If they can pull it off well, it'll be fantastic There are a lot of other nice-sounding area too.

One other game I've come across recently
    A Tale In The Desert - This game has an interesting concept. I like the idea enough to have downloaded the trial/beta version, though I haven't had a chance to install it as yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it's actually done, it could either be really, really bad, or really, really good. Don't think there's the potential for this one to be just "mediocre"
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.