Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW can't be found in Retail chains?

NW can't be found in Retail chains?

Anyone else having the same problem I am locating Notum Wars in major retail computer chains? I just got back from the mall and neither Software Etc. or Electronics Boutique had it, and had no idea when they were receiving it. Wal-Mart didn't have it either. In fact, the local yokels at my Wal-Mart had never even HEARD of AO. I talked to four different electronics people, none had any idea what it was.

Anyone else having problems like this? I mean, I know that North Dakota is kind of the middle of nowhere, and sometimes shipping takes longer, but EB and Software Etc. both said they don't usually get the games shipped to them until the day they are supposed to be released.

Confused in Minot, ND.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Same deal in the Northeast of USA...

called no less than a dozen stores...

Nutin

And nowhere in the south is carrying it eirher.

I suspect its the same thing where I live in the Kansas City Metro area. Granted, I didn't go to different chains, but I did go to the two Best Buy's that are nearby to me and neither had it nor had heard of it. After the hour I spent doing that, I just didn't feel like wasting my time driving to other various stores searching and most likely not finding it. Its the biggest shopping day of the year in the US, the last thing I want to do today is deal with people who can't drive, crowded malls, etc. I just wanted to run out, grab 2 copies of NW, and come home and play.

same thing in Boston area...same thing in Salem NH area...noone has it or heard of it

Likewise in my little town of London, Ky. And FC doesn't want to offer it for download... seems like they're cutting their own throat to me. If FC can't get it into the majority of stores/chains... well, it's my money they're losing.

My local EB said they _might_ have it in today when/if they get today's shipment. I hope so...

Georgia retail stores never heard of AO ?

Today I contacted the retail stores CompUSA, MediaPlay, Electronics Boutique (3 locations), Gamestop (2 locations) and NOT ONE had heard of Anarchy Online, never mind NW.

A fourth EB store north of Atlanta found AO and offered me a copy, but had no record of NW in their computer.

Funcom says that the reason they will not allow us to download NW is that they cannot undermine thair retail channel. I cannot find any retail stores here that seem to know or care about Funcom or AO .. so what retail channel?

If anyone knows a retail store in GA where I could get NW .. please post

Perhaps if Funcom could give us a list of stores where we SHOULD be able to find NW .. that might help.

I just purchased NW in-person at the Electronics Boutique at 83d st. and 3d. ave. in Manhattan

amis
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

Manhattan, KS or Manhattan, NY?

I just spent two hours looking for this damn game at EB, Gamestop, Frys Electronics, Best Buy with no luck.

I live in San Jose Ca and had to fight Christmas shoppers from hell.

Thanks Funcom. Thanks alot.

Just stick the damn thing up for download none of your supply chains are going to give a ****. They dont even know what AO is.

Not to mention thatthis gives the lucky ones who actually foudn a copy like a week headstart
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Update: EB at the Holyoke Mall here in Western Mass has it, and my local EB in Hadley should have it very shortly.

Dinfive thx for the update guess ill try calling the EB in Salem NH again

no dice, just called EB in Salem, Nashua NH and Burlington MA...all said next week sometime

in florida, i called 3 best buys, 2 EB's, 3 wal-marts, and 2 babbage's, none of the chains have even heard of notum wars nor have they heard of anarchy online

gj funcom

> in florida, i called 3 best buys, 2 EB's, 3 wal-marts, and 2
    > babbage's, none of the chains have even heard of notum wars
    > nor have they heard of anarchy online

Yep, I'm in Florida too. I called 2 EB's (we may not carry it, might have to order of our website), Software Etc (No, don't have that and don't know if we will...try our website), Best Buy (What's that?), and a Circuit City (Never heard of it) and even a MediaPlay (its in the computer, but no ETA on when we'll get it).

Basically, from what I read here in this thread, outside a few larger cities, you are SOL on getting NW today.

FC needs to pull their heads out of their neither regions and put it up for pay-download like the base game. You can't find it in stores so it wouldn't undermine a non-existant retailer chain. I for one am NOT paying half the price of the game for shipping from online retailers (or dealing with Digital Scum, er River...had bad past experiences with those slimeballs).

- Relarin
    This space intentionally left blank

Unhappy

As I said in the post that Cz has rooted...this obviously isn't a European vs US thing that has been mentioned in other places. The distribution channels everywhere aren't getting it in at exactly the same time. Chains of stores choose which locations will get games first. Also, not all chains will even take the game. We can't make them take our product

We are doing everything we can to encourage our distributors to make TNW a priority, but we have had a rough relationship with retailers and we're trying to repair that. It is tough to get in though.

I'm just here trying to help Cz out in letting you all know that we hear you and we agree that the situation sucks. The fact that distribution is out of our hands doesn't mean that we have stopped trying to push. We are and will continue to push as much as we can. Really.

If you the customer want to see the game in the stores you need to let them know. I didn't want to say anything since this is gotta be the biggest bunch of whiners I've ever seen. I'm sure you have to agree to some degree. Anyway I thought most of you would have been doing that already. E-mailing BestBuy, Comp USA etc. to get the product or I'll go to your competition.

Can I get an Amen!!?

However, considering the amount of calls about the game that the retailers are receiving I bet a few of them get the idea and order a few copies. It does come to mind that some stores will special order things. Just an idea. Think I'll make a call.
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

Originally posted by April
    Also, not all chains will even take the game. We can't make them take our product
    Sorry if I sound grumpy, but that doesn't really make it easier for your customers to get the game. I am truly sorry for your distributor-situation - trust me on that. But see it from the customer's view. We can't get the product because of it. Enough jumping around in that issue.

Evaluating this a bit it doesn't really seem that the distributor kept their deal anyway and making a deal another time without you having possibility to offer a download-option seems like a really bad idea. Somewhere down the road some miss-communication has to have gone wrong. Every person in the distributor-chains and shops says 6/12 and you said today. I just hope people will actually be able to get it some time soon. Doesn't look to bright for Denmark though. Noone has the game on their "coming games list" except one shop, which is known for notoriously screwing up their mail-orders.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast