Thread: NW trailer on Gamespot opening

NW trailer on Gamespot opening

Well in the midst of all this complaint about FC having poor marketing and distribution...there is one gem:

I just went to gamespot.com and low and behold -- their opening ad that they run before the site launches is an add for Notum Wars - click for the trailer.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but honestly I was impressed.

Whats the point of them advertising something that cant be bought? *grin*
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....

Why does the advertisement on the right say

"In stores the first week of December"

?

ROFL!

Again, honesty isn't always Funcom's best policy. I suppose Funcom had no control over the date on the advertisement either? It's all someone else's fault that the ad says "December." Hmm....that just happens to be exactly when my local retailer said he would be getting my copy, "due to manufacturer delays and shipping problems." I'm so glad I paid the full $21.61 on a pre-release order, over a month ago and will, possibly, get it 12/3 as the store is saying now. ROFL!

Funcom's new policy... Our customers "can't handle the truth!"
    Last edited by Chopit; Nov 29th, 2002 at 23:47:17.

I got mine =)

I was able to get NW at EBWorld - a.k.a. Stop-N-Save software at the AZ Mills mall in Phoenix, AZ. When I got there they had 3 left. The box looks just like the advertisement artwork seen on the AO site.

Bottomline; its out there you just need to know who to call - forget about CompUSA or Best Buy, the little retailers are the ones that are going to have it. The owner of the shop where I found mine actually goes and picks up his orders....I don't think anyone from the big chains is going to do that.

Now, I only hope this thing isn't a buggy mess.

Agent Kjeldoron
    Omni-Tek Protects
    Obsidian Order of RK1

Lucky you!

My local software dealers are Babbages and Software, Etc., both part of gamestop. EB seems to either really have their stuff together or just got it ahead of everyone else.

Re: NW trailer on Gamespot opening

Originally posted by Thelcia

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but honestly I was impressed.
    You know what would have impressed me? A box on the shelves, a sincere apology for screwing the release instead of blaming it on everyone but themselves and a download option as an apology.

Why are you impressed by adspace that anyone with enough money can buy? It's fluff...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Update...

I found a new computer store a ways from my home that gets their software from www.ebworld.com and they had AO:NW in. That was "had" in, as they don't have anymore in after the 2 that they sold. But, they expect to get more by next Thursday...doh! So, I guess I'll wait for the in-store pre-release, pre-order that is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Too bad the big software retailers, in town, didn't get the game even on pre-order.

Short version: Check you local EBWorld stores and you might find one on the shelf, regardless of any other type of pre-order you made. Also, the manager at the store told me he would refund me the pre-order if I could find it somewhere else. He must know their isn't anywhere else, lol.

Anyway, good luck and go search EBWorld for a store near you.

/me still mad, mad, mad!