Thread: There's land control points everywhere!

There's land control points everywhere!

I dont understand,

I thought that land control areas were supposed to be limited to a few fields, and that you would not have to be exposed to the towers if you did not want to.

The way I see it on the map is that there are towers everywhere.

what happened to the conept that this would be limited to a couple of playing fields?

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

That concept never existed

There was never a concept that small areas would be controlled.

The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Yeah, like you go to SFH *so* often and it's *so* hard to just fly across the land control areas.

You won't be able to fly across the controlled areas because of the special anti-yalm towers

Fear is the Mind Killer.

What Anti-yalm towers?
    I played in Beta and never saw one.

Maybe if you create your own towers you can do that.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

These tower types are:

Guard Turret Towers - These towers fire shots at opponents. You can see their range on the map.

Guardian Conductors - These towers give beneficial skill bonuses to your friends, or negative skill bonuses to your enemies. They have a quite large effect range, and you can see this on the map.

Special Towers - These towers do special things to your opponents. There are basically three examples in the game right now: Dropping enemies out of flying vehicles (Yalmahas), kicking enemies out of sneak mode, and disabling the enemies from using normal recharge equipment.

Fear is the Mind Killer.

Besides you can easily fly around most tower areas.
    Tower don't have infinite range, you can problably fly over them.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Flight ceiling was also reduced so you dont try and crash into the high flying eye candy stuff :-)

Dont know if its possible or not
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

I'm pretty sure you only get whacked by the anti-yalm towers if your guild is fighting with the guild controlling the towers, I don't think they just whack random flyers minding their own business. Confirmation from a beta tester would be cool here, though.

Real Nightmares

I have actually had a reoccuring dream for the past five nights.

I am on my way to a hunt, and then a tower takes a shot at me, and getting the pvp flag, even though i am running away. Soon I am killed, and get killed over and over as some big guy with a big stick hits me every time by body ressurects. 20 hour death loop, and all my stuff is lost, and all i wanted was to go a mission just past a tower.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

everyone is stressing over being attacked by towers, im 90% sure they wont attack you unless you use the shield breaker on them to lower the suppresion gas.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Angry I was killed at half health by a tower it seems

Not sure what the hell happened but flying over Belial I suddenly was rooted and then hit 7 times by a tower. I tried to fly away but was pulled back toward ground and then died with still around 2k health. Welcome to the Scrotum Wars.
    "When u gonna shoot, shoot, don talk"
    -The Ugly
    From the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Turn off autoattack

You have to turn off autoattack now, otherwise you will end up taking on things you never meant to attack. It has happened too many times already

Real people can fly without yalms.

Ani.

I've been past a couple in my Kodaik and haven't had any probs yet.

My autoattack was turned off though (has been ever since we had NPC pets in solo missions for that thankfully short period of time).