I admit, i have not been playing AO alot lately (maing due to time constraints) and I almsot never PVP, but i've been reading a lot of patch notes lately and I'm a little confused at all the changes Funcom is making to PVP. Instead of trying to fix the system, they are trying to fix individual that each profession has fighting another profession.

Soldiers complained that they couldn't kill docs because docs have about the same gun and nearly unlimited healing. The solution of course, was to give the Soldiers a specific nano just to mess with Docs.

MA's complained that they had trouble in PVP because of roots. So they get a special ability that is designed just for breaking roots.

NT's complained about PVP all the time, and now have a program just for killing Fixers.

I think these solutions are silly. Funcom can do this for the rest of time and never balance PVP this way. The reason PVP is broken is very simple. Players damage and hitpoints were designed to be able to fight monsters with enormeous amounts of HP in teams of 6, and then PVP was added on as a side effect. PVP and PVM work on completely sperate scales. All Funcom would need to do is to put the two things on teh same scale, and then you have instant balance. No more screwing around trying to make fights longer or any nonsense like that. IT would just work, because it would be along the same scale as PVM.