Thread: Don't get mad just cancel your pre-orders

Unhappy Don't get mad just cancel your pre-orders

The truth of the matter is a large percentage of your user base were unsure as to whether to buy Notum Wars or not - by the looks of it a lot of us including me gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried to support you.

The whole concept of charging for a patch hasn’t gone down well with your customers and now to top it off you have managed to totally screw up the release for almost all your customer.

I personally am not going to shout and say it’s unfair all I’m going to do is cancel my pre-order and not bother. I may buy it in a few months when Game is selling it at a knock down price due to poor sales but now I’m in no hurry, why should I be. You can carry on supporting 2 versions of your game (Notum patch and the normal) and all the cost associated and be sure of the fact that I won’t even waste my time pre-ordering and cancelling come the next “buy” patch.

Im doing the same... ive cancelled my pre-order and ill pick it up locally when its cheap. It just goes to show soemthing when you walk into a store and say... "its an add on pack for the No1 multiplayer game on the net.. you know... anarchy online!" and all you get is blank looks.

Nice one FC... yet another screw up.
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....

Not everyone lives in an area where stores eventually get every game ever released...

In my case, there is no guarantee a given game will ever be available locally, thus I have to keep my preorder open until I can SEE it in the local shops to have any chance of getting it at all.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Remeber the episode of the Simpsons when Homer ate the deadley fish, and thinks he has 24 hours to live?.

He sit's Brt down and says:
    Here's three things you can use to keep your self out of trouble:
    1).It was like that when I got here...

2).That's <insert scape goat name here> Job but he's at home today.

3).We have been getting a lot of calls about when the Notum Wars will be avalible in specific locations.( ie..the whole of Europe)
    All copies have been shipped to Funcoms' distribution partners worldwide and the timing is now out of our hands.

(roughley translated, oh ****! quick balme someone else)

You really really really should have had a down load option FC.

ah well, if it's not here monday I just won't bother.

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Just wanted to let you know I was assured by our Sales department that the boxes were shipped to our pre-order distributors no later than to our retail distributors.

Same here, no use to waste time showing our how frustrated we are, this doesnt influence funcoms policy at all (check engies forums).

Just canceled my pre order and will wait to download it after Christmas Fests.

I made the mistake to buy Anarchy Online client on June 2001 for 100 dollars, just to find out it was still in beta and to find it on shelves one year later for 20 dollars... i learnt my lesson, wont do the same mistake with notum wars...

Cz although I do appreciate the response the fact of the matter is Europe’s release is in effect the 6th December. Personally I don’t care why, how, who or what has caused it the fact remains that the release date of the 28th November isn’t true for the majority of your users. This means that the whole point of this “patch” is lost as we’re already behind when it come to land control – so what’s the point for Europe? None what so ever apart from to show acceptance of FC’s actions yet again.

Now I know full well that 95% of the information on this forum, the rants, the moan etc will if ever read not be taken any notice of which is fine by me. However when FC suddenly find on Monday that 80% of the European pre-orders have been cancelled that really gonna hurt and hopefully for the first time you’ll understand that we are your customers, ignore us, treat us unfairly and sooner or later we’re gonna bite back. I’m mean what are you gonna do with a warehouse full of Notum War packs you can’t sell and little revenue from the whole project? Sling mud at your distributor by all mean but the facts don’t change – the US have the goods Europe don’t plain and simple.

amen

Originally posted by vorteks
    I made the mistake to buy Anarchy Online client on June 2001 for 100 dollars, just to find out it was still in beta and to find it on shelves one year later for 20 dollars... i learnt my lesson, wont do the same mistake with notum wars...
    next year it will be downloadable.

if we still play ao then we can look at it.

heck maybe its even included in shadowlands which will likely have another game client (chuckle) so why get stressed now?
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Everyone done beating the dead horse yet ?. If not the same dead horse can be beat here

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=75555

This may relax the beast in your angry hearts

http://www.jamsandwhich.com/flash/mr-nice.swf

Lokgen
    Last edited by Lokgen; Nov 30th, 2002 at 02:35:15.