Thread: Neocron, the game for you?

Neocron, the game for you?

Well all, I plugged in Neocron for the first time over the holiday and I though I'd pop in and tell everyone what i think.

First, let me state that neocron has about the Ugliest character models you've ever seen. They might as well have called the game "Prison Guards Online". Everyone is the same size, heights, width, everything. There's nearly no difference between everyone's toons. There's only a handful of different faces, and outfits, so the first thing you notice about the game when you log in is how similiar everone looks. That sucks. (oh, and the women look like men in the game too, just with longer hair.)

Second, the chat interface is not as good as Anarchy's. Its tricky to maneuver through and its annoying as hell to toggel through. To be frank, all the menus are like that. When you go to your inventory, chat, status, or anything else you use a function key to get there, which opens a menu that you need to "x" out of in order to regain control of your toon. So while you're doing just about anything you are unable to engage in combat. That's annoying.

The game isn't as diverse as AO. Not as many skills. Not as many attributes. Not as many classes. Not the completely different looking races. All and all its much more bland then AO when it comes to character developement.

But, despite all that there are two things abut Neocron that make the game enjoyable. First, at first inspection it doesn't seem to buggy at all. I can hang out with 10 or more people while in combat and still everything is very smooth. I was able to play the game only a few days after release with no real problems. When i played AO on day one i think i logged in 10 minutes of play time and 4 hours of kicked out of the game time.

Second is the combat. My God the combat. Its a first person shooter with RPG character making aspects added in. Its great. When my buddies and I fight a monster we are actually fighting the monster, not just pushing Q and then looking to see what's on TV. The combat is just awesome. I was getting the hell shot of me, so you know what i did? I ducked behind a crate! And it blocked the shots coming in at me! It was so cool, i couldn't believe it. We learned that if one guy has a gun and another guy has a club the guy in meelee combat will actually make it harder for the guy with a gun to shoot at the monster. The combat in the game is so much fun i couldn't believe it. I've had more fun fighting in the newbie sewers then i ever had fighitng anything in AO. The combat makes the game worth playing, the rest of it is secondary (at least for me).
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

yeah I was in the neocron beta. That game rocks. A fully operational trades system with the ability to mob weapons. Drive tanks that ACTUALLY HAVE WEAPONS. Oh and grouping up with two of your buddies to drive tha tank is fun too. Placable turrets. PVP everywhere. The skill system is pretty phat, jsut for the fact you can actually max everything by doing nothing but trades. hehe The remote robots need work tho, the armor is as thin as paper. Otherwise the game is wicked. Once you get out of neocron you realize the true potential of it. Factions can gain controll of factories and bases, post turrets, cruise around in the pretty big world, or go see the strippers in Pepper park

Hehe that game is one of the greatest I have ever seen
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

endless loopholes.

in other words, no, not a game for me, and the Admins explicit pointed that out aswell..
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

TrialElciny
    I was in beta and got bored to death.

I played through all stages as well.

The only good things I have to say about the game is Apartments, and Guild Housing.

The rest sucked so bad it hurt to log in.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Combat in Neocron during the beta was, literally, painful. It's going to cause a ton of people repeat-strain tendonitis, aggrevate arthritis, and cause wrist and hand soreness after extended play. I have a healed, but once-broken hand, and it actually hurt my wrist and finger joints to fight in Neocron.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Rudeboyz
    go see the strippers in Pepper park

Do the strippers still look like men with boobs? I went to pepper park once, and that was enough for me.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Here's my impression from beta :

Forced into PvP mode if you want to fully participate in the game. PvP mode makes random items in your belt drop. You get no feedback who shot you in the back while you were hacking something...

No loot timers.

I recall some high level was camping the pepper park entrance with a rocket launcher, hitting everyone coming thru, just in case their LE was out.

In short, a griefplayer and KS'ers wet dream.

Not for me.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

I thought I wasn't into tradeskills, then I played Neocron. Damn, that's fun.

Pepper Park would have been cool if the strippers were hot.

Peoples' mouths moved when they talked and they made different guestures based on what words you said. It's weird how much depth this adds over a flashing head.

Ths suprising lack of major (and minor) bugs was neat, too.

I liked the skill system, though I agree it could have used more divirsity.

And saying "sex" was fun.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Oh yeah, apartments are *****in' too.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Well is AO THAT good? Just wondering, i know what i think abt..

Actually yes. I was tired of AO a while and tried a lot of different MMO(RP)G's looking for alternatives. But overall, for immersion and sense of community, AO is still the winner.

The fact that people stick with it despite their whining shows how hard it is to give up

Perfect ? Nope.
    The currently most fun MMORPG on the planet ? For me, yes.

That may change, but despite its faults, AO still got me hooked.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !