Thread: Notum Wars in the UK

Notum Wars in the UK

I have just sent an email to Digital-Rivers asking for Notum Wars to be cancelled.

On the good side - Play.com have it on their site for 12.99 with free postage.

our price: £12.99 Delivered

availability: Due for release on 06/12/2002

The bad news is - the release date is a week behind!

Everywhere in the UK seems to be 6/12 (Game certainly are saying so) - in fact its the same date that Digital River expect to get it so I'm not sure that cancelling it and going elswhere will be any quicker.

BTW I believe Play are actually located in the channel islands (Jersey?) so dont know if shipping will take any longer than from a UK based warehouse?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Unhappy

I'm guessing UK distributor's got it 28th and didn't have time to ship for 29th, and as they only ship for Fridays, we'll be getting it on the 6th. Typical...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Darkbane, read it again, Digital River have not _received_ it at all yet (and dont expect to do so until the 6th) so I doubt any are actually in the UK at all

Angry

Like the fact that digital river don’t make it easy to cancel your order
    Went on the site just says that you cant cancel fell like just not accepting the delivery when it comes and buying it in a store and saving my postage charge and clam the money back from my credit card company

You can cancel apparently, theres a phone number posted in on of the other threads (if your in the UK) and people have reported successfully cancelling it over the phone

To be honest though, it doesnt look like its their fault (this time, my special edition order was another story) so I dont see the gain in cancelling and getting it elsewhere since you still wont get it any quicker)

Unhappy

True but i would save myseld th 10 euro shipping charge as i pre order it i was thinking that i might get it before it is in th shops and not after
    SWo may as well to to the shops

Arrow

Originally posted by Warlock
    Darkbane, read it again, Digital River have not _received_ it at all yet (and dont expect to do so until the 6th) so I doubt any are actually in the UK at all
    I've no idea whether UK distributors have received it or not, bur Digital River have nothing to do with that, so their status isn't relevant. It may well be that no-one in the UK has it yet... which is just typically the UK really...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper