Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I don't care about PvP.

Not gonna happen in my case, as I said, I play other games for PvP and AO won't keep my interest for more than a few months.

just want to point out that if you will only play a few months then funcom and most of the community really could care what your opinion is hehe.

you will have no lasting effect on the game stating that stuff, basically you are saying "this game sucks, i am just tinkering with it".

a lot of people have put a lot of time into the game and probably stopped listening to you when you define yourself as someone that isnt going to put in the effort

I personally will probably be leaving AO when SWG comes out. I will still keep my account, I will still play from time to time, but I will be harassing people on the boards there for saying stupid stuff and paying attention to the development of THAT game.

I am sure there are quite a few people on the boards that will be happy to see me go

and quite a few that will be saddened by it too
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

gankers are known to sit around the mission doors waiting for folks to emerge.

Do you have any idea how silly that sounds?
    Has this ever happened to you?

Why would anyone in thier right mind sit outside of a mission area for 20 to 60+ minutes waiting for someone to zone out for the slim chance that they might be able to attack them.

Most people on Rubi Ka have Yalmaha's.

15 Seconds grace is more than enough time to fly 60m up and out of range of another players.

If you're going to make up hypothetical situations to help support your argument, at least try to make ones that half believable.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Oh it happens Miir. Known problem for lvl 50ish clanners in MMD. We usually have at least one call each week where a low level in our org need help because some dood is camping their mission exit. Most often those calls escalates a bit and end up in mass PvP of above lvl 150 players in MMD

dont take missions to mmd, problem solved.

Originally posted by Snublefot
    Oh it happens Miir. Known problem for lvl 50ish clanners in MMD. We usually have at least one call each week where a low level in our org need help because some dood is camping their mission exit. Most often those calls escalates a bit and end up in mass PvP of above lvl 150 players in MMD
    every time someone was camped in meet at my mission exit I could make it to the grid before the 15 sec timer ran out

*shrug*
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Miir
    [B]Poll the people who have posted on this thread saying "I don't care about PvP". It's likely that most of them don't have a character over 150.
    Pretty lop-sided reasoning, because by the time they (those who don't care for PVP) get to 150+, they stop playing because high level PVP is about one thing:

Bringing more people to the fight.

Oh and probably other things: running to 100% to weaken the box room, outside heals, changing ncus during a fight, and other things on the long long list of what decided the outcome of any number of fights.

We're "probably" (I won't be presume as you have) posting stuff like this because we truely love the game, so please stop with the "just leave already" replies.

I just don't care about PVP. It's broken, and none of the fixes address what's broken about it (that would probably take a re-code of the client, as well as grid-enabled servers (see IBM for that technology).

I don't want to have a nemesis, or be someone's nemesis. Like a scout or engineer or medic in TFC, I'd like to have advantages/disadvantages, but NO clearly winning factor. Let's evolve the game past the original warcraft.

Pretty lop-sided reasoning, because by the time they (those who don't care for PVP) get to 150+, they stop playing because high level PVP is about one thing:

Bringing more people to the fight.

I see you haven't read the articles and discussions on crowd limiting.

My reasoning for mentioning 'level 150' was based on personal experience. I never took part in much PvP before 150 because i felt it was too unbalanced. I mean after you hit 75, you basically had to stay away from any PvP area.

If someone is leveling up their first character, it's not likely they have the means to keep them in above average gear. Therefore (lower level) PvP is dominated by twinks and reall ynot that much fun.
    Over 150, every profession can wear QL200 armor, have a QL200 weapon and have QL200 implants.
    There is no 'twinking'. The playfiled evens out and PvP is actually 'fun'.

I just don't care about PVP. It's broken, and none of the fixes address what's broken about it

So what's so 'broken' about it?

Sure, there are some imbalance between professions, lag is an issue in mass PvP but if people are having fun doing it.... we'll it cant be that broken.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345